Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Rumor Gary Patterson (1 Viewer)

Milo-of-Croton

Cornerback
Elite Member
Monken has done at Army what he thinks he needs to do to win. Run the ball and play good defense. Smart coaches adjust their system of play to match the talent they have. That has never occurred to Whipple. I have no clue what Monken’s ideal system of play is, but we could do worse than Monken.

One thing we can be certain of is that not everyone will be happy with the hire, and if that coach doesn’t win 10 games the first year, the howling will begin. You cannot reason with people who don’t reason themselves into their position in the first place. It will be lunacy.

Nobody is going to walk in here and win 10 games next season, but they can make us better. Quite obviously we have not been well coached in recent years. The task of rebuilding this program will be a challenge. It isn’t like taking over at Ohio State when Urban left.

Last edited:

KidsSeeGhosts

Quarterback
Elite Member
Monken has done at Army what he thinks he needs to do to win. Run the ball and play good defense. Smart coaches adjust their system of play to match the talent they have. That has never occurred to Whipple. I have no clue what his ideal system of play is, but we could do worse than Monken.
There is no indication that Monken is capable of being a good coach outside of running an idiosyncratic offensive system

11husker23

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Monken has done at Army what he thinks he needs to do to win. Run the ball and play good defense. Smart coaches adjust their system of play to match the talent they have. That has never occurred to Whipple. I have no clue what Monken’s ideal system of play is, but we could do worse than Monken.

One thing we can be certain of is that not everyone will be happy with the hire, and if that coach doesn’t win 10 games the first year, the howling will begin. You cannot reason with people who don’t reason themselves into their position in the first place. It will be lunacy.

Nobody is going to walk in here and win 10 games next season, but they can make us better. Quite obviously we have not been well coached in recent years. The task of rebuilding this program will be a challenge. It isn’t like taking over at Ohio State when Urban left.
adam sandler shut up GIF

BIG TONE SOPRANO

Really Big Truck
Elite Member
I'm hearing Monken from more and more casual fans thinking it's a good idea.

We're like a battered wife living in the middle of the woods and husband won't let us leave the house broken.
Correct. Basically a democrat

Pepe Silvia

Wide Receiver
Elite Member

the style of offense worries me less than his lack of experience recruiting. Military academy recruiting is such a different beast than P5 recruiting/NIL that I'd be really worried about his ability to transition

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
Would Monken even be in consideration if Ted Carter didnt have a hardon for him from his military days?

Agree. And to think I was in the Army and follow Army football - at least to a small degree.

You can't make this shit up if it's true. We have the chance to make a generational hire and we're looking at the Army coach. That'd be cool if it was 1940.

Meaning, if he's a serious candidate pretty sure you can find some ledges for all of us to consider jumping off.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds