Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Rumor Gary Patterson (1 Viewer)

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
If it's a guy like Monken, that means everyone of substance shot us down. Also means we probably weren't willing to pay enough $.

What is the point of going through all of this if it is a guy like Monken?
I am on record on here saying I didn't think anyone of substance would come here if we fired Frost, given our current status in the national landscape.

11husker23

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
I am on record on here saying I didn't think anyone of substance would come here if we fired Frost, given our current status in the national landscape.
That may be the last straw that breaks me if true.
fuck my life fml GIF

Ripping Lips

And I ain’t talking about fish
Elite Member
I doubt that any of that matters since SF was given every resource he wanted to be successful and he squandered the opportunity because he failed to grow up and hired his buddies who had no business in being P5 coaches. If it wasn’t for the COVID rule, last years team would’ve look more like this years team or even worse due to the poor development of players.

Ripping Lips

And I ain’t talking about fish
Elite Member
Monken hasn't even been taken seriously in conversation when people are talking about things like the Colorado job. Would be a tremendous fuck up.
I almost would hire someone like Clay Helton over Monken.

Last edited:

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I just don't see how the end of the SF era could be a turn-off unless Frost is perceived as a great HC by the coaching community.

I don't think he is and he was still given every chance to succeed.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
I just don't see how the end of the SF era could be a turn-off unless Frost is perceived as a great HC by the coaching community.

I don't think he is and he was still given every chance to succeed.
Optics. Our program is shit. If anyone is being logical, elite coaches don't want this kind of rebuild. It is a rebuild. Money isn't everything folks. It doesn't have much to do with Frost honestly, our program is just shit at the moment.

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Optics. Our program is shit. If anyone is being logical, elite coaches don't want this kind of rebuild. It is a rebuild. Money isn't everything folks. It doesn't have much to do with Frost honestly, our program is just shit at the moment.
Yeah, I don't buy the "this is a monumental rebuild" narrative.

Rebuilds have been mitigated by rule changes, it's never been easier to address those rebuilding issues than it is today.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Yeah, I don't buy the "this is a monumental rebuild" narrative.

Rebuilds have been mitigated by rule changes, it's never been easier to address those rebuilding issues than it is today.
That's fair. I don't buy the narrative that elite coaches will come here if paid well. I think we are in Leipold/Klieman/Monken/Chadwell range right now.

KidsSeeGhosts

Quarterback
Elite Member
I don't think I can remember a single time where the selling point on a guy was "don't worry, he won't run his system if he comes here." If a hire is dependent on a guy abandoning the very thing his success is predicated on, what's the point of hiring him in the first place?

Milo-of-Croton

Cornerback
Elite Member
the style of offense worries me less than his lack of experience recruiting. Military academy recruiting is such a different beast than P5 recruiting/NIL that I'd be really worried about his ability to transition
No arguments there. I really don’t believe he is the guy Turd has high on his list.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds