Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Game Thread Game thread - Northern Cockeye

To be fair, we’ve had the backups in on defense since the middle of the third quarter, maybe even earlier, and about 1/2 of the offense is backups. Seems like Rhules more interested in getting kids PT than style points.
I noticed that too. Guys like Dowdell and Johnson had limited touches on offense. Defensively - he wants our bruisers healthy for Illinois. Also think he knew there was no chance of Northern Cockeye coming back. Committed to building depth is part of his mantra.

Last edited:
I'd love to be able to see the offers that Dylan gets via text from the rest of the college football world.
I sit next to a couple coworkers who are fans of other teams in the Big Ten. Both of them keep talking about a rumor that DR is transferring to Georgia next year and is only here to cash the check and play some snaps since he'd be sitting on the bench at UGA this year either way. Hence my saltiness towards @Dawgsauce and Georgia in general

if this season ends with 8+ wins I can see us putting up some serious money to make a run over the next 2 years

I really doubt we see a situation where we need to worry about the $ or the push to continue to bring in difference maker transfers. Not just at WR either, I see O Line continuing to add good players ready to play through the portal.

Have no idea how Banks put up the numbers he did at Wake Forest. They must have a WR friendly offense. He can't get open and is a poor downfield blocker. Personally, thought Malachi Coleman looked better last year as a true freshman than what Banks has put on tape these first three weeks. I'm also not sure what coaches see in Bonner. He is not shifty or fast in that slot position and struggles to get open.
I don't think the ACC is very good TBH. No offense to Billy Kemp but he put up big #s in the ACC....and I just don't think he'd even see the field if he was in SEC or top half of the B1G.

Contrast that with a guy like Trey Palmer - couldn't see the field in the SEC, but was very clearly B1G potential once he got settled here. I'm almost at the point where for WRs I want SEC depth guys only. Or the diamond in the rough Samori Toure type from FCS.

IIRC some of the guys we've gotten from lesser conferences (remember the WR transfer from Cal a few yrs ago?)...they put up numbers in shit conferences but then they get here and can't compete. In some cases they can't even beat out who's already here. I'm not even sure Banks is better than the guys we would have had here.

I sit next to a couple coworkers who are fans of other teams in the Big Ten. Both of them keep talking about a rumor that DR is transferring to Georgia next year and is only here to cash the check and play some snaps since he'd be sitting on the bench at UGA this year either way. Hence my saltiness towards @Dawgsauce and Georgia in general
That's not a rumor that's wishful thinking

I'd love to be able to see the offers that Dylan gets via text from the rest of the college football world.
seeing some of the established QBs pop up in national commercials makes me think Dylan will start getting those kind of deals and make the schools' NIL less relevant. we're only 3 weeks in and already he's the first thing mentioned anytime Nebraska is discussed

I think an underrated thing in our favor is how much we play under center. as much as NFL teams have moved to shotgun spread offense concepts, a guy with experience under center and good footwork still has a ton of value since so many QBs now are mostly in shotgun. Looking at recent comps, Andrew Luck seems like a good comparison. He was a consensus #1 pick despite not putting up crazy stats because of how efficient he was with a pro-style offense

the sopranos smile GIF
You win the internet tonight, LHR!!

I love the fact that a random Cockeye and Minnesota fan would know about this "rumor" but yet no one on any of the 1,000 NU message boards/blogs/etc has heard it.

Some douchebag insurance guy in Cedar Rapids has an inside into the Raiola-Kirby smart connection. Just so dumb.

How quickly we get to annoyed with a 34-3 win to go 3-0.
This. Amazing how fast we forget about the last 10+ years…and the fact that we are still on a re-build in Rhules year two.

Will be fun to see meltdowns over 8-4 and a bowl game after where this program has been.

Lots to improve upon yet. Enjoy 3-0 and what looks like a solid not great football team.

I love the fact that a random Cockeye and Minnesota fan would know about this "rumor" but yet no one on any of the 1,000 NU message boards/blogs/etc has heard it.

Some douchebag insurance guy in Cedar Rapids has an inside into the Raiola-Kirby smart connection. Just so dumb.

Imagine a guy with his name on the building using his school for a filler year

He ain't goin nowhere but the NFL. Book it.

Imagine a guy with his name on the building using his school for a filler year
It's just a dumb theory. So much can go wrong. What if he got injured? Then the plan's ruined. What if the team around him was bad and his #s turned out bad? Plan is wrecked. What if Beck injured and then his backup goes 10-0? So many variables.

It's just a really dumb theory if you actually give it 5 sec of thought. You might as well say "his plan was to win 50 blackjack hands in a row and then take his winnings across the street"....it would only make sense after it happened, you'd never predict it bc too much had to fall in place.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back