Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Game Thread Game thread - Northern Cockeye

I'd love to be able to see the offers that Dylan gets via text from the rest of the college football world.
This is why I was wondering how much money the normies would put up if Dylan leaving for NIL was a threat. I think a lot of fans would start giving what they can vs programs who hate the idea of giving schools money for sports

I sit next to a couple coworkers who are fans of other teams in the Big Ten. Both of them keep talking about a rumor that DR is transferring to Georgia next year and is only here to cash the check and play some snaps since he'd be sitting on the bench at UGA this year either way. Hence my saltiness towards @Dawgsauce and Georgia in general
Passive aggressive bs like that Aunt commercial “It’s a lot of house, sure hope u can keep it clean.”

Outside fans really starting to hate on Dylan, mainly due to the Mahomes stuff.
Donald Glover Reaction GIF

seeing some of the established QBs pop up in national commercials makes me think Dylan will start getting those kind of deals and make the schools' NIL less relevant. we're only 3 weeks in and already he's the first thing mentioned anytime Nebraska is discussed

I think an underrated thing in our favor is how much we play under center. as much as NFL teams have moved to shotgun spread offense concepts, a guy with experience under center and good footwork still has a ton of value since so many QBs now are mostly in shotgun. Looking at recent comps, Andrew Luck seems like a good comparison. He was a consensus #1 pick despite not putting up crazy stats because of how efficient he was with a pro-style offense

Luck isn’t a bad comp at all but ironically I’d say he reminds me most of Matt Stafford

#2ndChoice had a great college coaching resume and was being pursued by multiple teams.

Other than the ill-conceived switch on offense, not much of an equivalent IMO.
Fick’s a good coach they’ll figure something out. You’re not beating Bama when your starter goes down two plays in lol

I sit next to a couple coworkers who are fans of other teams in the Big Ten. Both of them keep talking about a rumor that DR is transferring to Georgia next year and is only here to cash the check and play some snaps since he'd be sitting on the bench at UGA this year either way. Hence my saltiness towards @Dawgsauce and Georgia in general
There were also a lot of fans who knew Saban to Texas was a done deal. People believe what they need to get through the night.

I imagine it's a pretty bitter pill for a lot of Big Ten fans to swallow that NU might actually be figuring shit out.

IMG_4869.jpeg

Any lazy AP voters who use Athlon's top 25 predictions as a starting point may see that we blew out #25 Northern Illinois rather that Northern Cockeye. Can't hurt....

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back