Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Game Thread Game thread - Northern Cockeye

the sopranos smile GIF

So far Dylan has done basically everything you could want from a QB as far as winning games goes, but you have to do gaudy shit to be in contend for the Heisman and that just ain't in the cards unless we get into conference play and he starts yeeting for 4 bills
His play has to bring in some elite transfers & I think heisman talk is justifiable. This year is just manage the offense & ride the defense. Something Cockeye & Wisconsin have been praying for since Russell Wilson & CJ beathard

Have no idea how Banks put up the numbers he did at Wake Forest. They must have a WR friendly offense. He can't get open and is a poor downfield blocker. Personally, thought Malachi Coleman looked better last year as a true freshman than what Banks has put on tape these first three weeks. I'm also not sure what coaches see in Bonner. He is not shifty or fast in that slot position and struggles to get open.

The show is outstanding across the board
It really is.

First time through watching it (finished it a couple years ago I think), I am laughing my ass off from the very first episode. She could not understand it. What is so funny? Why is that funny? What are you laughing at all the time, I don't get it?

If you don't get it, I can't explain it to you, woman. Go back to your laugh-track crap. BTW, I fucking despise anything with laugh tracks. If you have to be told to laugh... it wasn't that funny, IMO.

Have no idea how Banks put up the numbers he did at Wake Forest. They must have a WR friendly offense. He can't get open and is a poor downfield blocker. Personally, thought Malachi Coleman looked better last year as a true freshman than what Banks has put on tape these first three weeks. I'm also not sure what coaches see in Bonner. He is not shifty or fast in that slot position and struggles to get open.
Barney is about to take Bonners spot....

It really is.

First time through watching it (finished it a couple years ago I think), I am laughing my ass off from the very first episode. She could not understand it. What is so funny? Why is that funny? What are you laughing at all the time, I don't get it?

If you don't get it, I can't explain it to you, woman. Go back to your laugh-track crap. BTW, I fucking despise anything with laugh tracks. If you have to be told to laugh... it wasn't that funny, IMO.
1726369988745.jpeg

DR is elite level QB IQ. And elite level arm strength. Great ball placement (all QB's take some chances), but not all QB's are so consistently good at proper ball placement where our receiver is usually the only one with a chance to catch it.

Plus going through progressions, reading the defense, just overall game management. DR is calm and cool, so far has not shown he gets shook at all. Elite, elite for a true Frosh QB.

Another thing we are seeing, and is now being commented on by the annoucers, is how adept DR is with his feet. Just a little step or two making a guy miss, and once a game taking the yards with his feet. He is not a sloth, although we don't want him trying to get yards with his feet unless the play/situation absolutely works out that way. His shiftiness in making an oncoming rusher miss just makes it so damn hard for an opposing defense to be successful against him.

I think heisman talk is a bit premature, but I can see why and what announcers and coaches see with Dylan with so many elite parts to his game already, where this talk is picking up already. Plus he's the biggest recruit we have ever gotten, and can (likely will) turn our entire program around. Along with now having a top-notch HC and some good assistant and support staff.

The future is bright.

DR is elite level QB IQ. And elite level arm strength. Great ball placement (all QB's take some chances), but not all QB's are so consistently good at proper ball placement where our receiver is usually the only one with a chance to catch it.

Plus going through progressions, reading the defense, just overall game management. DR is calm and cool, so far has not shown he gets shook at all. Elite, elite for a true Frosh QB.

Another thing we are seeing, and is now being commented on by the annoucers, is how adept DR is with his feet. Just a little step or two making a guy miss, and once a game taking the yards with his feet. He is not a sloth, although we don't want him trying to get yards with his feet unless the play/situation absolutely works out that way. His shiftiness in making an oncoming rusher miss just makes it so damn hard for an opposing defense to be successful against him.

I think heisman talk is a bit premature, but I can see why and what announcers and coaches see with Dylan with so many elite parts to his game already, where this talk is picking up already. Plus he's the biggest recruit we have ever gotten, and can (likely will) turn our entire program around. Along with now having a top-notch HC and some good assistant and support staff.

The future is bright.
DR's pocket presence is at such a high level and will only grow with experience. That quick step to avoid the rush and then the quick stop to deliver the ball is great to see

We need to pay out our ass and get the best available WRs this offseason to supplement what we got

I really doubt money will dry up. I also think we continue to bring in real difference maker transfers at these WR spots. And they will want to come.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back