Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking Former Nebraska women's basketball player Ashley Scoggin files lawsuit against school (2 Viewers)

SlumpBuster

Cornerback
Elite Member
If she can prove that he 'groomed' her AND Coach Williams husband knew what was going on (we can speculate that he would have told Amy) Love is in a bad spot.

The part about Scoggin going out for drinks with Love and Williams' husband didn't ever happen, did it? According to the story, it says Love invited her out with Williams and she said no, and the first time they met was in a parking lot after midnight. I don't think Scoggin ever went out on a date in public with him and especially not with Williams' husband present. I do beleive Love would say something like "Hey, you should come out with us," but I don't think he'd be dumb enough to follow through with that if she said yes. He's set up something more safe. Like meeting in an empty parking lot after midnight.

This whole thing is obviously stupid on Love's part, but going out socializing in public with the head coach's husband would have been next-level idiotic. No matter how stupid he is, he would have to know that would lead directly to him being fired and publically shamed.
It would be my guess that "I'm hanging out with her husband" would be a way to coerce Scroggins meaning he's not alone and it's safe (and maybe she knew the coach's husband, certainly plausible). Then she would get there and the husband would not be, "Oh you just missed him" kind of thing.

Boondock_St_Sker

That Dude
Elite Member
Disgusting on Loves part. Violates so many ethical coach/player relationship values. Get control of your dick and have more integrity and discipline.

With a campus of 20-22 year old coeds…do better.
From his Twitter page

Chuck Love
@CoachLove85

CEO - LOVE IN BASKETBALL / Sports Consultant / Coach-Skills Development/Mentor

SlumpBuster

Cornerback
Elite Member
The minimum is "you shouldn't sleep with your players" which is true. The meeting with the team to say shit towards the is SUPER weird and probably her biggest chance of getting fired.

The fact that Love wasn't fired but allowed to resign is odd, but maybe he just did before they had a chance to complete their investigation?

It's a serious long shot that Turd will get anything more than just a stern, "Pay better attention to detail when stuff like this comes out".

Ghost of Devaney

Linebacker
Elite Member
Didn’t this “ team meeting “ happen while on the road at a hotel? Can’t remember if it was before or after a game but do recall the players conducted the sting. I view the meeting as more of a unity council thing where they were trying to let teammate know it was not acceptable not to mention the lying… We don’t know if everyone was actually there- that’s just accusation .

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
The part about Scoggin going out for drinks with Love and Williams' husband didn't ever happen, did it? According to the story, it says Love invited her out with Williams and she said no, and the first time they met was in a parking lot after midnight. I don't think Scoggin ever went out on a date in public with him and especially not with Williams' husband present. I do beleive Love would say something like "Hey, you should come out with us," but I don't think he'd be dumb enough to follow through with that if she said yes. He's set up something more safe. Like meeting in an empty parking lot after midnight.

This whole thing is obviously stupid on Love's part, but going out socializing in public with the head coach's husband would have been next-level idiotic. No matter how stupid he is, he would have to know that would lead directly to him being fired and publically shamed.

I agree with this - 100%.

The meeting though shouldn't have happened, but timing and circumstances have to he taken into consideration. If the team was on the road and they had a game, Williams needed to do something. She may have known she'd get absolutely nowhere with either of them alone...or the 2 together speaking with Williams.

i.e. Williams hands could've been tied a bit and she thought that was her only option at that moment in time - to get the truth. Assuming that's how it went down, not the greatest judgment on Amy's behalf. The whole damn team at that point knew about it, so being a leader she needed to do something.

MaxHuskers34

Linebacker
Elite Member
People in here that are blaming the former player/young adult are weird. More than likely the blame should go to the full grown man who is in a position of power of the young woman. How did you all feel about Larry Nasar? Should those girl have just "kept their legs closed", you fucking weirdos.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds