Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking Fleck News - Boats Sinking (1 Viewer)

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
that was not hours - it was what - 7 months? - after the allegations were made and six months after the University announced there were allegations and they were investigating. A huge amount of evidence was developed in that time frame. It was just hours after the suspension was announced and there was blowback when the people who were interviewed by the investigator went to the paper.
I must have missed/forgot all of that. I meant he went from school suspending him for 2 weeks when the article came out to people calling for him to be fired.

Sounds like the Star witnesses in PeePants situation were there when he was hired. Who knows when they came forward to a reporter but I imagine that was months ago too.

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
So besides Fleck being weird and cringeworthy, the only major thing is that he maybe played players who tested positive on drug tests. And minorly, using exercise as a punishment?

Osborne1992

Linebacker
Elite Member
This could kill his already lackluster recruiting.

I imagine lots of committed kids weren't told about this stuff while on visits. Now they'll call and ask and either get lied to (which they will realize on their first day on campus) or they will be told about the acronym, clap for me, elite stuff now and hear the weirdness early.

I bet some kids change their mind if they still have other options. We'll see.

Some of this other stuff is just run of the mill things that kids these days complain about like "I didn't want to say elite when I was having a bad day" or "there wasn't time for mental health service".

But the big one is the drug testing favoritism. That is a no no and will divide the locker room. We shall see if this escalates.
This will definitely hurt recruiting. No way he was making home visits and telling these kids they're going to have to clap every time he enters the room, learn and take tests on weird acronyms, and say I'm elite when asked how are you doing. However, you would think that these kids would see some of this on their visits and must not care enough to change their commitment.

Samkellers_69

Safety
Elite Member
owen-wilson-wow-marley-and-me.gif

Well that's a big nothing burger.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
This will definitely hurt recruiting. No way he was making home visits and telling these kids they're going to have to clap every time he enters the room, learn and take tests on weird acronyms, and say I'm elite when asked how are you doing. However, you would think that these kids would see some of this on their visits and must not care enough to change their commitment.
When my daughter was recruited a B1G coach visited in home and spent the ENTIRE visit going through a big scrapbook of articles about him. Not as bizarre as Peej but pretty egomaniacal.

We broke out laughing the minute the door closed when he left.

Rebound96

Defensive Lineman
I am really astonished people think it stops with this story. There will be pressure to investigate and then speaking out becomes easier.
Investigate what? The difference between the NW story and this is that the original NW story had allegations of misconduct to investigate. The only thing here that may even sniff that is the drug test issue, and the story specifically points out that first strikes for street drugs don't carry automatic suspensions, but the team CAN have more strict rules on it. If players were getting passes on more strict non-mandatory drug policies, that doesn't really rise to the level of misconduct.

I guess there could be worse stuff happening behind the scenes but this article doesn't allege anything like that and at that point we're just speculating the same way you could about any program.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Investigate what? The difference between the NW story and this is that the original NW story had allegations of misconduct to investigate. The only thing here that may even sniff that is the drug test issue, and the story specifically points out that first strikes for street drugs don't carry automatic suspensions, but the team CAN have more strict rules on it. If players were getting passes on more strict non-mandatory drug policies, that doesn't really rise to the level of misconduct.

I guess there could be worse stuff happening behind the scenes but this article doesn't allege anything like that and at that point we're just speculating the same way you could about any program.
Not reporting a failed drug test is a level one violation

Napkins

Safety
Elite Member
The fleck bank seems like a problem for him. If there is more to the “I’m elite” thing regarding players trying to seek help for mental health related issues and/or denied access because they were supposed to be “elite” I could also see some issues but that’s conjecture on my part based on that article.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds