Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Fall Camp (3 Viewers)

huskermack

Offensive
Elite Member
tPB OG
I feel like I'm stranded in the hot Sahara desert and I come across a nice, big, ice-cold cup of Cool Aide... It looks so good. I can't help myself.
We're winning the big ten, we can't be bad again...how can we not win 8 games this year...
Bitch Slap Slapping GIF by absurdnoise

I see Cockeye as Nellie fo sho.

NeAz

Linebacker
Elite Member
I'm probably thinking into this way too much but what is exactly is the criteria for being "out coached'? Very common phrase
Maximizing the talent you have on your roster.

Making adjustments during the game when something isn’t going to plan.

Taking advantage of the other teams weaknesses.

Limiting stupid mistakes and penalties.

Those are just a few.

BluesBucksNHuskers

Running Back
Elite Member
I'm probably thinking into this way too much but what is exactly is the criteria for being "out coached'? Very common phrase

It’s the most over used phrase by football fans who have no idea what a coach is actually responsible for or doing on gameday.

But I guess it’s a safe phrase to use because if one team beats another team, I guess the buck stops with a coach somewhere down the line.

I honestly think it’s just a safe way for people to say “This is the coaches fault”, when they have no fucking clue what coaches actually do

Last edited:

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG
Ugh…I’m seriously starting to believe it’s possible that we won’t be awful this season.

I won’t drink the Kool-Aid

Cookiemonster

PIIHB
Elite Member
Ugh…I’m seriously starting to believe it’s possible that we won’t be awful this season.

Drink that fucking Kool-aid. Let the evil inside of you.

If we are bad you can be extra mad.
But if we are good you can be like “fuck y’all man, we the best. I told you all. “

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
It’s the most over used phrase by football fans who have no idea what a coach is actually responsible for or doing on gameday.

But I guess it’s a safe phrase to use because if one team beats another team, I guess the buck stops with a coach somewhere down the line.

I honestly think it’s just a safe way for people to say “This is the coaches fault”, when they have no fucking clue what coaches actually do
Yeah. Feels like a very “couch coach” thing to say. I make an effort not to say it because I really don’t know the reasoning a lot of times why coaches do things unless it’s glaringly obvious

BluesBucksNHuskers

Running Back
Elite Member
Yeah. Feels like a very “couch coach” thing to say. I make an effort not to say it because I really don’t know the reasoning a lot of times why coaches do things unless it’s glaringly obvious

100%,

Between that phrase and “Why does Frost keep calling swing passes and QB keeps!” It’s driving me fucking nuts.. By this point we should understand that the QB is counting numbers in boxes pre-snap and when one box is low in numbers - there’s predetermined plays that happen because by every sense of football logic it should work. We’ve just had a QB that fumbles a lot and WRs/RBs that can’t win 1 on 1 so nothing works right.

This year if nothing else, should at least finally look like the offense is supposed to. I have a feeling Omar and Toure are both guys they won’t want to leave on the outside with 2 blockers, with only 3 defenders in the zip code. That fact alone will loosen up the run game substantially.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds