Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Fall camp thread 2024

I am curious what area of his game is holding him back the most. We know he's got great speed, and last year he showed that he is more than capable as a blocker. Wonder if route running or hands are an issue during practice.
The 6 inches between the ears. All the talent in the world, and the measurable to boot. His struggle has always been confidence and mentality

I was just thinking of Jacory Barney, but yeah point remains.

I at least know who Rahmir Stewart is. I have no idea who Derek Branch is.
I didn't either. Looks like a legacy guy who's been grinding for 3.5 years and doing all the right things off the field, based on his bio:

The 6 inches between the ears. All the talent in the world, and the measurable to boot. His struggle has always been confidence and mentality
How is that manifesting in his play though? Is he dropping passes because he's nervous? Is he running the wrong route because he's not able to focus?

The mental aspect is important, but only to the point where it impacts what you're doing physically. Ultimately, his ability to physically perform is what determines whether he'll play, so what are the mental/confidence issues doing to his play?

I didn't either. Looks like a legacy guy who's been grinding for 3.5 years and doing all the right things off the field, based on his bio:

Citizenship team three years in a row, academic all conference two years in a row, four times on the honor roll, Lincoln native, son of a 90s Husker, was recruited by the Ivys out of high school.

w=320

This year's RB room is a pretty unique scenario though. You've got two veteran backs who have both been the starter at times previous, coming off injury. Then you've got a young back who started the last half of this past season, and a young back who transferred in and is probably the best pass catcher of the group. I really think that they're planning on going with a committee approach to see who performs the best when the lights are on.
I agree, and that's what I think they'll do as well. I'm in the minority but I'm underwhelmed by our RB room.

RJ - I do like, but he's injury prone.
EJ - I think he's average at best.
Ervin - Injury prone and I've never understood the hype.
Dowdell - I really like and think he has loads of potential.

Hopefully they stay healthy and EJ proves me wrong.

I agree, and that's what I think they'll do as well. I'm in the minority but I'm underwhelmed by our RB room.

RJ - I do like, but he's injury prone.
EJ - I think he's average at best.
Ervin - Injury prone and I've never understood the hype.
Dowdell - I really like and think he has loads of potential.

Hopefully they stay healthy and EJ proves me wrong.
I think we have four relatively average Big Ten RBs. Tbh, I'd love a great running back but it's way down the list in terms of positions where an elite player makes the biggest impact on your team's success.

How is that manifesting in his play though? Is he dropping passes because he's nervous? Is he running the wrong route because he's not able to focus?

The mental aspect is important, but only to the point where it impacts what you're doing physically. Ultimately, his ability to physically perform is what determines whether he'll play, so what are the mental/confidence issues doing to his play?
Honestly can’t say. All I know is I talked to his HS coach last week and that is what he told me

Love seeing Stewart. Iirc, he was considered a bit of a thumper coming out with great athleticism. I actually like how the secondary has shook out overall.

I think the RB position loses all the or's by conference season. Someone will take control come game time and I kind of think it'll be Dowdell or Ervin, the big body guys that aren't always always to truck guys in practice.

I hope to see Barney take over to the top spots on returns.

I kind of think the WR chart is useless. I'd imagine we see a ton of rotation. That's a filthy amount of talent in a three deep. Imagine getting worn down late in the 3rd quarter as a safety or LB and see a fresh 6'5" Carter Nelson trotting out to the slot ready to run a 4.5 all over your ass.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back