Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Fall camp thread 2024

That's why I was glad we picked up Gramstad I think once he gets the offense down he will be #2 he's a little short but he's a gamer. Let HH be #3 and work at another position. And have Kaelin redshirt.

Gramstad
I
I'd love to see HH come in on the goaline at Q and do his best Tebow impression. Sidenote. Rhule at Baylor ran a lot of Q Power and Q Duo on the goalline. Take hits off of Raiola, and pound downhill with a physical freak.

Are you worried about that position?
Yes, ILB or CB are my biggest concerns on the team, which is weird to say since our defense theoretically should be our best unit.

It’s more due to the unknown. I think they love Bullock, like Wright and Gbayor who will be battling for the other spot, but they are relative unknowns with tons of potential. Thompson hopefully can fill some void but he’s not where they thought he would be currently. I love Stenger but have no evidence he will do well there, or we have true freshman Shavers. Rogers is another unknown. Very different from a year ago in that room.

Just much more unknown this year. If we don’t complain about ILB this year Dvoracek will deserve a ton of credit.

Yes, ILB or CB are my biggest concerns on the team, which is weird to say since our defense theoretically should be our best unit.

It’s more due to the unknown. I think they love Bullock, like Wright and Gbayor who will be battling for the other spot, but they are relative unknowns with tons of potential. Thompson hopefully can fill some void but he’s not where they thought he would be currently. I love Stenger but have no evidence he will do well there, or we have true freshman Shavers. Rogers is another unknown. Very different from a year ago in that room.

Just much more unknown this year. If we don’t complain about ILB this year Dvoracek will deserve a ton of credit.
I’ve been of the minority opinion since the spring:

The defense takes a little bit of a step back (we played largely terrible quarterbacks and offenses last year)

The offense takes a major step forward

It’s so bad. Laughing at the ppl who said he looked way better in the spring too

giphy.gif

Yeah, he’s the same. Stares at first receiver for 3 seconds, if he’s not open take off and run. Couldn’t land the ball in a swimming pool if it was 30+ yards away

I'd love to see HH come in on the goaline at Q and do his best Tebow impression. Sidenote. Rhule at Baylor ran a lot of Q Power and Q Duo on the goalline. Take hits off of Raiola, and pound downhill with a physical freak.
HE IS NOT A GOOD RUNNER UNLESS HE HAS 10 YARDS OF DAYLIGHT. Can't make anyone miss and got stopped on 4th/3rd & 1 multiple times last year. Not even a threat to make the defense worry about him passing. Can't run the option because he can't pitch and fumbled more than anyone in the nation last year. I respect the kid because he is a hard worker but keep him off the field.

how about we just hand it off to our RB?

The urban legend of HH has to stop. Dude was a total reach to begin with and completely killed our offense when he played. Good kid but come on.

HE IS NOT A GOOD RUNNER UNLESS HE HAS 10 YARDS OF DAYLIGHT. Can't make anyone miss and got stopped on 4th/3rd & 1 multiple times last year. Not even a threat to make the defense worry about him passing. Can't run the option because he can't pitch and fumbled more than anyone in the nation last year. I respect the kid because he is a hard worker but keep him off the field.
tbt to getting stuffed against Meatchicken on that 4th and 1

I’ve been of the minority opinion since the spring:

The defense takes a little bit of a step back (we played largely terrible quarterbacks and offenses last year)

The offense takes a major step forward
I don’t think that’s a bad opinion. I don’t think we have the same success defensively, but still should be top25 and that’s all we need.

Our offense is what needs to get remarkably better, and move into the top 50.

He’d be 1st team All Conference if QB’s just had to run in a straight line

If Raiola is what we think he is, I’m of the mindset you never take him off the field unless we’re beating the piss outta somebody. Haarberg is also not a very natural or instinctive runner to begin with. Would It be cool? Yes, but If Haarberg got in and fumbled the ball one time in that situation I laugh to think of the shit storm for the coaches on here that would ensue.

If Raiola is what we think he is, I’m of the mindset you never take him off the field unless we’re beating the piss outta somebody. Haarberg is also not a very natural or instinctive runner to begin with. Would It be cool? Yes, but If Haarberg got in and fumbled the ball one time in that situation I laugh to think of the shit storm for the coaches on here that would ensue.
That’s the thing about Haarberg: he runs like me after five pours of bourbon. He’s not a natural runner.

You don't have to have great vision or anything to run Q power on the goaline. Line up, catch snap, get behind your guard, and plow.

I get people don't want Raiola off the field. But if it's SY on the GL, it's situational football. Chiefs found that out sneaking on the GL. You protect your best asset. If that means you bring in a big strong kid to literally, run downhill in the A gap. I don't see anything wrong with it. Or maybe I'll say that in all caps to get my point across...

how about we just hand it off to our RB?

The urban legend of HH has to stop. Dude was a total reach to begin with and completely killed our offense when he played. Good kid but come on.
I completely agree with this. The idea so many fans have of creating a package for HH is baffling to me. We have a generational type talent at QB, but so many want to take him off the field because this kid from Kearney is fast. I think a lot of it is Nebraska fans wanting to see Nebraska kids. If HH was from Fort Worth, Texas no one would be asking for him to play.

Agree 1000%.

You know what makes it a lot easier to run on the goal line? Having a QB who can throw accurate passes on time into tight windows

hes a very straight line runner... hes not agile and most of his good runs last year were against absolute shit teams with open lanes everywhere

The field condenses in the redzone and more importantly on the goalline. When you are going to be running many times anyway due to the passing windows shrinking, a running threat at QB to add another eligible player the defense has to account for rather than possibly risking injury to Raiola is something I really like. Further, Haarberg is more than a wildcat RB playing the position, he has a much better arm than an average wildcat insert.

It also gives the defense other things they have to prepare for, one of the many reasons that teams like Oregon run the swinging gate PAT attempt. They run maybe one play a game out of it, but the defense has to spend much more time getting ready to defend it. With practices limited by the NCAA, that's another leg-up we can have.

For Nebraska, they already installed the running packages for Haarberg last year anyway, so you aren't introducing anything new. In regards to your last sentence, what if we leave Raiola in and he throws a pick? How many people would be screaming to just do a QB sneak or run the ball?

There's a time and a place for HH at QB IMO.

I think the coaches pulled back on the reins for HH’s running style. Especially after he got dinged up a little. They could t afford for him to go down.
If Raiola is healthy and you have HH out there in certain packages I think you see a different runner.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back