Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Evan Cooper Resigned (3 Viewers)

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
If she is suing the university, she is either crazy for letting the world know she got air locked or crazy. Regardless, it would be dumb because Nebraska is a right to work state. Unless she can prove they fired her for being a woman she won’t win.
Air locked ...

BINATION.gif

I'm definitely using that one at some point in the future

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
I've done a lot of these type cases I don't think that would be considered in her termination unless it expressly written somewhere.

I would guess it would be considered a conflict of interest on her part. Without knowing the University hierarchy I would assume that her position would be considered above most of the AD employees including coaches.

Would her position as a psychologist and a potential inappropriate relationship with someone who may have been a patient be something that throws a wrench into this situation?

BIG TONE SOPRANO

Really Big Truck
Elite Member
What is fake about this quote?

"Cooper earned his degree in sport and recreation management from Temple in 2009. He is married to the former Andisha Hoilett. The couple has a son, Evan III, and a daughter, Madison."

Same name on the $885,000 house they bought in March of 2023.
Not buying what you are selling

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Would her position as a psychologist and a potential inappropriate relationship with someone who may have been a patient be something that throws a wrench into this situation?
I never had to deal with that situation before but I would believe that would also be a conflict of interest on her part because the person would be considered under her care and more than likely a employee of the AD/University too.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
I never had to deal with that situation before but I would believe that would also be a conflict of interest on her part because the person would be considered under her care and more than likely a employee of the AD/University.

When I was coaching you couldn’t have a relationship that fell outside of a coach/mentor and player with anyone who was considered under your control. Under your control was commonly understood as having an influence over playing time, scholarship, or grades.

I don’t know who Dr Brett reported to, but sleeping with someone who was a patient or “patient adjacent” is a really bad look and in certain circumstances could be something that I’m sure goes against her professional code.

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
When I was coaching you couldn’t have a relationship that fell outside of a coach/mentor and player with anyone who was considered under your control. Under your control was commonly understood as having an influence over playing time, scholarship, or grades.

I don’t know who Dr Brett reported to, but sleeping with someone who was a patient or “patient adjacent” is a really bad look and in certain circumstances could be something that I’m sure goes against her professional code.
I'm sure her termination is on up and up. I don't think they would have taken a chance on terminating her unless they had the go ahead from the University Lawyers. I know I never terminated anyone without sending it to the home office to get approval from the corporate lawyers especially in this type of situation.

I think where the lawsuit comes in is she knows that Cooper or others were in a similar situation and were not terminated. If see can prove it she's looking at a big out of court settlement.

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
What is fake about this quote?

"Cooper earned his degree in sport and recreation management from Temple in 2009. He is married to the former Andisha Hoilett. The couple has a son, Evan III, and a daughter, Madison."

Same name on the $885,000 house they bought in March of 2023.
So he's going to potentially lose his family, a 700k job, and 900k house for some hawk tuah.

Episode 12 Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
I feel like the somewhat obvious answer to the mistimed departures if any of this is even true is the affair being discovered by a spouse and her resigning while he stayed on until some later date when it became an employer problem.

Again I have no idea if anyone mentioned has ever made the beast with two backs with one another

cwessel76

Run The Damn Ball
Elite Member
tPB OG
I'm sure her termination is on up and up. I don't think they would have taken a chance on terminating her unless they had the go ahead from the University Lawyers. I know I never terminated anyone without sending it the home office to get approval from the corporate lawyers especially in this type of situation.

I think where the lawsuit comes in is she knows that Cooper or others were in a similar situation and were not terminated. If see can prove it she's looking at a big out of court settlement.
Overarching lesson here: never shit where you eat.

Scott Hall

Linebacker
Elite Member
Rhule said during one of his summer pressers that Coop was offered more money at other schools but choose to stay at Nebraska. Obviously has to be something more to it. No way he turns down job offers while he’s under an investigation that could result in termination by his current employer.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds