Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Evan Cooper Resigned (3 Viewers)

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
The reason it took so long was because there was an “investigation“. An affair between two consenting adults wouldn’t be ”investigated” by the AD. They say “wtf is wrong with you”, maybe tell them to look for a new job, but most likely cover it up as it’s not really news.

The answer is that this resignation doesn’t necessarily have to do with a completely legal and non-policy violating, albeit immoral, act. But rather something that is violating some kind of rule that required an investigation and a determination.
So are we implying that there was a sexual assault involving Cooper and Haskell? What exactly are we implying here?

Bc there was also posts tying 3 other former NU staffers to Haskell. Now Haskell and those 3 are all gone. And now Cooper is gone.

Whatever happened there I am assuming it was all consensual since we've not seen any charges pressed.

tman87

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Maybe Cooper was the one coach involved they really wanted to keep around, but in the end it became obvious that wouldn't be possible.

Dunno... it is a little odd that Haskell and 3 others were let go Dec 23/Jan 24, but Cooper lasted this long but eventually had to go also.

Steveweiser316

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Brett Haskell hasn’t been employed since December 2023 and currently works for the NY Yankees and a women’s soccer league.

Either it’s fake or it’s been a slow burn. If that’s the case did Rhule try to cover it up and not report?
Was Haskell let go or did she leave on her own?

Steveweiser316

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
The reason it took so long was because there was an “investigation“. An affair between two consenting adults wouldn’t be ”investigated” by the AD. They say “wtf is wrong with you”, maybe tell them to look for a new job, but most likely cover it up as it’s not really news.

The answer is that this resignation doesn’t necessarily have to do with a completely legal and non-policy violating, albeit immoral, act. But rather something that is violating some kind of rule that required an investigation and a determination.
Right. I bet it was an administrative investigation. They take forever especially in government because you have to ensure you cross your T’s and dot your I’s.

Steveweiser316

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
So are we implying that there was a sexual assault involving Cooper and Haskell? What exactly are we implying here?

Bc there was also posts tying 3 other former NU staffers to Haskell. Now Haskell and those 3 are all gone. And now Cooper is gone.

Whatever happened there I am assuming it was all consensual since we've not seen any charges pressed.
I doubt assault but someone could have alleged that an Organizational Policy was violated. However, even if said policy was not violated it does not mean that whatever happened was a good look. “Yeah so X policy wasn’t violated but there was some stuff that came out that Cooper said/did that was inappropriate.”

Sous Chef

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I doubt assault but someone could have alleged that an Organizational Policy was violated. However, even if said policy was not violated it does not mean that whatever happened was a good look. “Yeah so X policy wasn’t violated but there was some stuff that came out that Cooper said/did that was inappropriate.”
What seems likely to me is the investigation caught Cooper lying about something(s) which would explain why he's been let go now as opposed to back then.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Dude just blew almost 700k a year just so he could get hawk tuahed at work.

GIF by Giphy QA
Sex is still undefeated.

HCFord1

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG

She was let go (I believe in December) for apparently having a sexual relationship with Cooper.

An insider DM’d us last night and said she is now suing for wrongful termination.
Seems like she has a pretty strong case considering Cooper remained employed after she was terminated. Was Turd stupid or something?

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Seems like she has a pretty strong case considering Cooper remained employed after she was terminated. Was Turd stupid or something?
Not to mention they fire her and then let Cooper remain on staff for like 6 months (he makes $700k/yr).

All over a consensual relationship? That looks horrible. JFC Turd. You had the Scoggin thing and now this.

Ghost of Devaney

Linebacker
Elite Member
Weren’t there 3 other men let go over having affair with her? If true they could be equally as pissed off for their treatment.

Interesting she’d be willing to take this public given her supposed involvement- Anyone know if her husband left her over this? Crazy stuff

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
So Alberts had 2 of these workplace 'consensual' sexual relationships under his oversight:
  • Ashlee Scoggin/Chuck Love WBB
  • Brett Haskell/Evan Cooper CFB
Both are going to end in large $$$ out of court settlements. Not to blame it all on Turd but you wonder if those could have been avoided. I don't know enough about employment law etc. But I know Turd's bosses could not have been happy about having to pay these broads $2m-8m*** combined bc two assistant coaches couldn't keep their dick in their pants.

***this number is made up by me

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds