Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Evan Cooper first public hire (1 Viewer)

Huskerforlife

Head Coach
Elite Member
I'm fine with Mickey being retained, but Husker fan's hard-on for him almost makes me wish that we would part ways with him.

He is a good coach and good recruiter. But what has he done to show that he is anything more than good? He recruited instate players to LSU - not exactly hard to do, nor was he the first person to do it at a high level. He brought Trey Palmer to Nebraska. Good move, but doesn't show elite recruiting skills there - it was a kid that he had an incredible relationship from his time at LSU together. No way he would have pulled Trey out of Louisiana to Nebraska out of high school. This year's class is a good WR, but not even the best Nebraska has seen in recent years. The crown jewel is local kid from down the street - how much credit does he deserve for that? Jaidyn Doss is a quality WR that I really like, but not exactly someone that we should be creaming our pants over. Omarion Miller is a good recruiting get, plan and simple. Credit to Mickey. But like I said, he is a good recruiter, not elite IMO.

As a coach, he did amazing things at LSU. But that 2019 year has proven to be an anomaly for a number of coaches on that staff. This year, Trey had an great year. But we also saw the WRs, including Trey, have a bad problem with drops. Can we even say that our WR room is in the top half of the conference? Mickey is a good coach and a good recruiter, but if his name wasn't mickey Joseph and he didn't play for Nebraska, he wouldn't even be sniffing the kind of money is will make here if retained.
DC07E0C2-500C-40FC-8A72-0F9C6A55B92D.gif

Tonkasker

Safety
Elite Member
Cockeye
I'm fine with Mickey being retained, but Husker fan's hard-on for him almost makes me wish that we would part ways with him.

He is a good coach and good recruiter. But what has he done to show that he is anything more than good? He recruited instate players to LSU - not exactly hard to do, nor was he the first person to do it at a high level. He brought Trey Palmer to Nebraska. Good move, but doesn't show elite recruiting skills there - it was a kid that he had an incredible relationship from his time at LSU together. No way he would have pulled Trey out of Louisiana to Nebraska out of high school. This year's class is a good WR, but not even the best Nebraska has seen in recent years. The crown jewel is local kid from down the street - how much credit does he deserve for that? Jaidyn Doss is a quality WR that I really like, but not exactly someone that we should be creaming our pants over. Omarion Miller is a good recruiting get, plan and simple. Credit to Mickey. But like I said, he is a good recruiter, not elite IMO.

As a coach, he did amazing things at LSU. But that 2019 year has proven to be an anomaly for a number of coaches on that staff. This year, Trey had an great year. But we also saw the WRs, including Trey, have a bad problem with drops. Can we even say that our WR room is in the top half of the conference? Mickey is a good coach and a good recruiter, but if his name wasn't mickey Joseph and he didn't play for Nebraska, he wouldn't even be sniffing the kind of money is will make here if retained.

Agreed 100%

Dream scenario:
1. Rhule confirms today that he's trying to keep Mickey
2. Mickey signs to stay on, bluehairs wet their depends
3. Everyone loves Rhule
4. Mickey gets an offer to coach at Tulane or Tulsa, accepts
5. Husker fans wish him well, Rhule captures the goodwill and buy-in from players too good to follow him there
6. We move on without the cringe "keep mickey" shirts etc

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Agreed 100%

Dream scenario:
1. Rhule confirms today that he's trying to keep Mickey
2. Mickey signs to stay on, bluehairs wet their depends
3. Everyone loves Rhule
4. Mickey gets an offer to coach at Tulane or Tulsa, accepts
5. Husker fans wish him well, Rhule captures the goodwill and buy-in from players too good to follow him there
6. We move on without the cringe "keep mickey" shirts etc
I like that scenario.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG

He recruited 2 of the top WR's in the NFL and the best WR in the NFL imo was a 2 star. That is his claim to fame.

The real question with this year's WR recruits is what they actually do in college. Rankings are one thing. We've had better WR classes rankings wise but they didn't exactly turn out that way.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds