Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

End of Hoiberg era mirroring end of Miles era (1 Viewer)

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
This loss felt similar to the game I called "ball game" on the Miles era: the non-con loss to Texas Tech (70-52 in KC). Cliffs notes version: NU hoops starting to gain hype, started 4-0, beat all 4 teams by 20 or more. TTU was starting to look good but was still unknown at the time. They did end up a #3 seed in the tourney but were unranked at this point. Cliffs: Nebraska had a 2nd half collapse, letting TTU do anything they wanted in last 10 min, and were lucky to only lose by 18.

95% of NU fans laughed it off as just one game. But I immediately said "this team is in deep trouble." NU went on to an absolutely pathetic 6-14 in the B1G that year and Miles was fired.

So I'm calling my shot now. This Minnesota loss is the end of the Hoiberg era. This team has zero heart, zero emotion and is not good enough when faced with decent opposition. My biggest surprise of that 2018-2019 season was how little the team fought for Miles when they knew he was coaching for his job. This squad is starting to look like that squad.

Tyneb23

POTD Editor of tPB. Master interviewer
Titty Master
tPB OG
Vince Carter Basketball GIF by NBA

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
The end of the football season and Pickle Smoochers game broke me as a Nebraska sports fan. Nothing good happens. Nothing good will ever happen. The sooner we accept that even the slightest glimmer of hope is really just a dead cat bounce, the better off we'll all be.

DrinkItIn

Running Back
Elite Member
tPB OG
Ya, I am starting to feel about Fred like I did about Frost toward the end of year three. Feels over for Fred, too. Hopefully they don't let it go 3 more years.

Yeah, I hear that. That was just pathetic last night. There is no excuse to be up 17 and then just get completely dominated the rest of the way.

Kesei had 2 points? Where the hell was he last night?

I wonder what Turd is thinking at this point. Does he care about basketball right now while trying to get NU Football back on track? Fred is still owed a lot of money, right?

ATX Husker

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
This loss felt similar to the game I called "ball game" on the Miles era: the non-con loss to Texas Tech (70-52 in KC). Cliffs notes version: NU hoops starting to gain hype, started 4-0, beat all 4 teams by 20 or more. TTU was starting to look good but was still unknown at the time. They did end up a #3 seed in the tourney but were unranked at this point. Cliffs: Nebraska had a 2nd half collapse, letting TTU do anything they wanted in last 10 min, and were lucky to only lose by 18.

95% of NU fans laughed it off as just one game. But I immediately said "this team is in deep trouble." NU went on to an absolutely pathetic 6-14 in the B1G that year and Miles was fired.

So I'm calling my shot now. This Minnesota loss is the end of the Hoiberg era. This team has zero heart, zero emotion and is not good enough when faced with decent opposition. My biggest surprise of that 2018-2019 season was how little the team fought for Miles when they knew he was coaching for his job. This squad is starting to look like that squad.

I remember that well, does have that same type of feel

iruletheskool

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Yeah, I hear that. That was just pathetic last night. There is no excuse to be up 17 and then just get completely dominated the rest of the way.

Kesei had 2 points? Where the hell was he last night?

I wonder what Turd is thinking at this point. Does he care about basketball right now while trying to get NU Football back on track? Fred is still owed a lot of money, right?

On the bench while Sammy and Josiah did equally nothing on the court

lee_carvallo_12

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
The end of the football season and Pickle Smoochers game broke me as a Nebraska sports fan. Nothing good happens. Nothing good will ever happen. The sooner we accept that even the slightest glimmer of hope is really just a dead cat bounce, the better off we'll all be.
This is where I'm at. Nothing good will ever happen and we're a sub six-win football team until we prove otherwise. I've become such a super downer about all things DONU. Had a bet with an Cockeye buddy on the black friday game, now I have to buy and wear a fuckhole Cockeye sweatshirt at an industry meeting next month.

He says he's taking DONU football on over 8.5 wins next year. I told him to tease it down and take under 6.5. He thinks they'll start 7-0. I told him they'll inexplicably lose 2 of the first 7 in unbelievable, odd-defying fashion. I'm starting to wear him (a die-hard cawkeye fan) out with my over the top DONU negativity. Lowest of lows.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
This is where I'm at. Nothing good will ever happen and we're a sub six-win football team until we prove otherwise. I've become such a super downer about all things DONU. Had a bet with an Cockeye buddy on the black friday game, now I have to buy and wear a fuckhole Cockeye sweatshirt at an industry meeting next month.

He says he's taking DONU football on over 8.5 wins next year. I told him to tease it down and take under 6.5. He thinks they'll start 7-0. I told him they'll inexplicably lose 2 of the first 7 in unbelievable, odd-defying fashion. I'm starting to wear him (a die-hard cawkeye fan) out with my over the top DONU negativity. Lowest of lows.
We will absolutely not be better than 4-3 over the first 7 and any son of a bitch here can make their arguments based on schedule or we landed McCord, Fleming, Maryland LB, and Princely, and I will tell you that none of that actually matters because nothing matters. Just crack open YouTube, watch the bygone days of being a competitive football program, maybe watch some old basketball wins if you're feeling squirrelly, but then masturbate with your tears remembering that's all dead and never ever coming back.

Fred was as much of a home run as one could have hoped for on paper and this roster is old and experienced and has versatility and everything you could want in college basketball, but the second they put on the Nebraska jersey or polo, the off brand Walmart $1 bin version of the Monstars come and steal whatever modicum of talent/mental fortitude they have to take back to Moron Mountain.

Huskers4420

Linebacker

I wasn't aware of it at the time, but hindsight being 20/20 I needed a reality check when Tim was let go. Didn't realize what we had. His last year if injuries don't occur they're dancing. Our recruiting class we had coming in when he got canned was solid too. Including Xavier Johnson now at Indiana. How good would we be by now with 4 years of him at PG?

Cornicator

Cornerback
Insider

I'm not ready to throw in the towel yet. I still believe this team is better than any team from the last decade+ at Nebraska. They've had a shitty week after a bye week. I think they will rebound and pull themselves out of the doldrums.

However, Hoiberg needs to have a serious discussion with Josiah Allick to learn his God Damn role. That dude is a terrible shooter. He's a good rebounder and an adequate defender, but if he's more than 5 feet from the basket, then he should be looking to pass. There is a reason why nobody is defending him outside the lane.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
I wasn't aware of it at the time, but hindsight being 20/20 I needed a reality check when Tim was let go. Didn't realize what we had. His last year if injuries don't occur they're dancing. Our recruiting class we had coming in when he got canned was solid too. Including Xavier Johnson now at Indiana. How good would we be by now with 4 years of him at PG?
My recollection is that Johnson bounced when Kenya went to UConn so retaining Miles wouldn't have mattered

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
I'm not ready to throw in the towel yet. I still believe this team is better than any team from the last decade+ at Nebraska. They've had a shitty week after a bye week. I think they will rebound and pull themselves out of the doldrums.

However, Hoiberg needs to have a serious discussion with Josiah Allick to learn his God Damn role. That dude is a terrible shooter. He's a good rebounder and an adequate defender, but if he's more than 5 feet from the basket, then he should be looking to pass. There is a reason why nobody is defending him outside the lane.
its always sunny in philadelphia GIF by hero0fwar

Husker_in_OK

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
What is Fred's buyout if fired at the end of the season ?
Throwing any money into Nebrasketball, seems like dumping money in a money pit

RedSavage

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Meh. Just bc Hoiberg has been ass doesn't make firing Miles the wrong decision. It's just like the football program with Solich, Pelini, Riley. Just because botched the hires on every single fucking level, every single fucking time, doesn't make the firings wrong.

jim carrey attorney GIF

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds