Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Does anyone work in Aerospace/Defense? (1 Viewer)

HuskerGarrett

If we die, we die
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Off topic and a long story, but my wife works remotely in Aerospace Talent Acquisition and her company has decided that everyone has to suddenly commute to the office. It's in Boulder, 50 miles each way so it just makes no financial or personal sense for her to stay at that job. Just figured I'd see if anyone had any connections here.

HuskerGarrett

If we die, we die
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
My ole lady is driving 2 hrs each way 4 days a week. Suck it up buttercup!
Yeah that sounds terrible haha.
The biggest issue is our kids. They start their school/daycare at 830. I need to be at my work by 730 and with her drive of 2-2.5 hours she will have to leave by 6 or earlier, so we have no way to get the boys to school.

Not to mention that its at least $1k/month pay cut

Huskerbuck85

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Yeah that sounds terrible haha.
The biggest issue is our kids. They start their school/daycare at 830. I need to be at my work by 730 and with her drive of 2-2.5 hours she will have to leave by 6 or earlier, so we have no way to get the boys to school.

Not to mention that its at least $1k/month pay cut
I was more or less giving you shit bc I do not envy either of them for having to make that drive. If her job is replaceable I’d have her look into switching.

djw004

Wide Receiver
Elite Member

I bet if she figured this one out independently someone would pay her well.

I dropped a line to my buddy who was the Head of Propulsion at Virgin. He just jumped to some startup, so I’m not sure what he may know.

cwessel76

Run The Damn Ball
Elite Member
tPB OG
With my wife in a program office in the Navy the DoD specifically has ended full time WFH and a hybrid schedule is ok if you clear it with your supervisor.

I imagine contractors have a similar setup. I don’t know why her employer is forcing that in a role that can be done remotely though.

That SOB Van Owen

In Mombasa drinkin’ gin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Most talent acquisition folks I know have worked across various industries. While it may not be ideal is that an option?

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds