Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Does anyone expect a qb battle or change (1 Viewer)

Adolph Coors

Fat
Elite Member
Casey is an accurate qb on short throws or when he was a clean pocket, but lacks the ability to put touch on the football and doesnt do well leading his receivers, especially on throws over the middle.

Is Thompson that much better than Purdy or Smothers, and also does NIL have anything to do with him continuing to play going forward?

dsbigred1

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
I think we’ll probably start to see some changes at different positions, but it will likely be based off effort and performance in practice, and probably leadership. If guys aren’t showing those things, they might have a date with some pine. That doesn’t seem to be an issue for CT, but I am not at practice, nor have I had to deal with the bullshit he has since he’s arrived.

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
iu

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Casey being put in a tough situation but playing about as well as can be expected. Hard for anybody to QB when the O Line is so porous. He doesn't have time

tman87

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Casey will get hurt in the next couple games. On the plus side Purdy will be better at avoiding the pressure. Casey is more polished.

It wouldn't surprise me if Thompson is hurt sometime this season. I actually think Purdy showed a lot of talent. Fast, mobile and elusive. Bigger arm than Thompson, but not nearly as accurate. I think Purdy has a high upside, but it will take some time for him to be a good, proficient QB.

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
I think barring an injury or a pretty crazy change in personality, Thompson will keep the job. He's known as a grinder, he hasn't had many major hiccups that would lead to a benching, on the contrary he's been one of the few bright spots in the first 3 games. He and his family are also close with Mickey, I think that played a big part in getting Thompson here.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
QB battle? No

I have been on the record they need a package for Logan. Short yardage, red zone, etc.. Especially if Casey is so hesitant to run the ball, but doubt we will see it.

I expect to see the secondary completely overhauled except Newsome, Gifford and Buford. I am on the fence about Farmer, but I think we will see Lynum and Sanford more maybe Singleton some too.

HCFord1

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
QB battle? No

I have been on the record they need a package for Logan. Short yardage, red zone, etc.. Especially if Casey is so hesitant to run the ball, but doubt we will see it.

I expect to see the secondary completely overhauled except Newsome, Gifford and Buford. I am on the fence about Farmer, but I think we will see Lynum and Sanford more maybe Singleton some too.
I don't think Whipple would have any idea what to do with Smothers without Frost around anymore. I don't think we ever see him unless it's for 1-2 plays randomly.

I agree about secondary shakeups. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I would love to see more of Sanford and less of Farmer. His tackling has been F- this entire season.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds