Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Does anyone work in Aerospace/Defense? (1 Viewer)

BBTown Bomber

In Memoriam 1952-2023
tPB OG
Yeah that sounds terrible haha.
The biggest issue is our kids. They start their school/daycare at 830. I need to be at my work by 730 and with her drive of 2-2.5 hours she will have to leave by 6 or earlier, so we have no way to get the boys to school.

Not to mention that its at least $1k/month pay cut
2-2.5 hours to drive 50 miles??? 😱

I would either change jobs or KMS, just based on that fact alone. Fucking I-25/ Hwy 36 traffic……😠

BBTown Bomber

In Memoriam 1952-2023
tPB OG
i watched space jam with my grand babies & also own a satellite dish >Â¥ hope this helps FARRRTT
Speaking of The People’s Republic of Boulder, how much are you missing yore old stomping grounds? 😂

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
Most talent acquisition folks I know have worked across various industries. While it may not be ideal is that an option?

@HuskerGarrett as you're aware I'm in TA myself, so I'm sure you know industry transferability is one of the advantages to being in TA. Unless she's made too many contacts in that industry?

I certainly wouldn't stay with that company, because there are too many options.

Tyneb23

POTD Editor of tPB. Master interviewer
Titty Master
tPB OG
she’s married i think
So am I 🤣
the bachelorette ugh GIF

BBTown Bomber

In Memoriam 1952-2023
tPB OG
@HuskerGarrett as you're aware I'm in TA myself, so I'm sure you know industry transferability is one of the advantages to being in TA. Unless she's made too many contacts in that industry?

I certainly wouldn't stay with that company, because there are too many options.
That rings a bell from our conversation in yore garage that sad day I parted with my music.🎸🎷🎹

@HuskerGarrett …….I may have an idea for yore bride as well. Let me text my step-son and ask him. TA in the IT industry.

HuskerGarrett

If we die, we die
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG

She want to try to stay in it just because she enjoys it, but yeah it’s definitely an option. She was in the pharmaceutical industry before for 7 years or so

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
She want to try to stay in it just because she enjoys it, but yeah it’s definitely an option. She was in the pharmaceutical industry before for 7 years or so

I just sent you a DM. At this rate, Garrett's wife will be hiring for a porta potty company.

Steveweiser316

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Off topic and a long story, but my wife works remotely in Aerospace Talent Acquisition and her company has decided that everyone has to suddenly commute to the office. It's in Boulder, 50 miles each way so it just makes no financial or personal sense for her to stay at that job. Just figured I'd see if anyone had any connections here.
Have her look at Lockheed Martin - probably a better drive for her/your family. No idea if they’re currently hiring though

Huskersballz

Running Back
Elite Member
First thing I’d do is have her resign the current job and see if they try to counter to keep her on. If they counter tell them only way she’s staying is if fully remote arrangement is available (make sure it’s contracted and signed). If they don’t counter or won’t budge on being remote then on to the next. It’s just like with girls, you gotta show these companies you don’t give a fvck about them. You have to show them you will walk away if you don’t get what you want. No matter how hot they are.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds