Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Does anyone near Papillion want to look at a 4Runner for me (1 Viewer)

Hedley Lamarr

Safety
Insider
I’ve been thinking about buying an old 4Runner just to use as a daily beater to throw miles on instead of my truck. An 85 year old guy posted one in Papillion today that looks like it’s in great shape. Is anyone close and wants to confirm that it’s been old man babied for me?
Tony Supancic is a real 85 year old Nebraskan man fwiw.

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
I don't have the Facebook what are some of the details on the 4Runner?

I've had 4 of the older body style mostly mountain driving.

If you are going to do a lot of mountain driving I would recommend the V8 the V6 struggle on the passes and up to the tunnel.

If you going to just drive around town the V6 will be fine with a little better gas mileage.

HuskerGarrett

If we die, we die
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I don't have the Facebook what are some of the details on the 4Runner?

I've had 4 of the older body style mostly mountain driving.

If you are going to do a lot of mountain driving I would recommend the V8 the V6 struggle on the passes and up to the tunnel.

If you going to just drive around town the V6 will be fine with a little better gas mileage.
It's a 2006 v8. Just over 100k miles on it. Third row.

All of the one's I see for sale around Denver are over 200k miles

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
It's a 2006 v8. Just over 100k miles on it. Third row.

All of the one's I see for sale around Denver are over 200k miles
I have a 2008 with the V8 with only 50k miles it's the last year of the V8s.

Is he the original owner?

If he has kept up on the maintenance and has records to show it, mechanically it should be good to go for another 100k.

If you can find a reliable mechanic to look it over if possible considering the distance.

I don't put a lot of miles on mine obviously. I take care of it but don't baby it either. It sets outside most of the time and it only has minor wear and tear on it. Fit and finish are good no rattles or squeaks so far.

HuskerGarrett

If we die, we die
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I have a 2008 with the V8 with only 50k miles it's the last year of the V8s.

Is he the original owner?

If he has kept up on the maintenance and has records to show it, mechanically it should be good to go for another 100k.

If you can find a reliable mechanic to look it over if possible considering the distance.

I don't put a lot of miles on mine obviously. I take care of it but don't baby it either. It sets outside most of the time and it only has minor wear and tear on it. Fit and finish are good no rattles or squeaks so far.
Wow, only 50k miles is insane!
He says he is the original owner. I asked him for the VIN to run a carfax and will see when/if he replies again haha

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Also unless your boys are still pretty small I don't think you'll get much use out of the third row seats. They are pretty small almost like a jump seat that folds down from the side if I remember right.

HuskerGarrett

If we die, we die
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Also unless your boys are still pretty small I don't think you'll get much use out of the third row seats. The are pretty small almost like a jump seat that folds down from the side if I remember right.
They're still pretty small - 5 and 3. Probably wouldn't ever really use those anyway though

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
He says he is the original owner. I asked him for the VIN to run a carfax and will see when/if he replies again haha
When we lived in the Vail area I was only 5 minutes away from work and I was working about 50-60 hours a week so I didn't do much driving back then 🤣. I'm pretty sure I've put more miles on it the last couple of years then all the rest combined. The carfax is definitely a good idea you never know what has happened to it over the years.

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
They're still pretty small - 5 and 3. Probably wouldn't ever really use those anyway though
You would probably end up just taking them out. They were just an add on later in that body style so they could say they had a third row. I have/had 3 of that body style and didn't have them. I'm sure with two boys you would rather have the cargo space. What trim level is it SR5, Sport, or Limited?

HuskerGarrett

If we die, we die
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
You would probably end up just taking them out. They were just an add on later in that body style so they could say they had a third row. I have/had 3 of that body style and didn't have them. I'm sure with two boys you would rather have the cargo space. What trim level is it SR5, Sport, or Limited?
It’s a Limited. He actually said he doesn’t even have the seats anymore for the third row so I’d have to try to find some

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
It’s a Limited. He actually said he doesn’t even have the seats anymore for the third row so I’d have to try to find some
The Limited are nice they have a few more bells and whistles on them. Mine is just a Sport.

My little niece hates it when we pick her up in it because doesn't have a any of the accessories like the new cars. She can't connect to the internet to play her games on her iPad so she just watches out the window until she falls asleep if we have to go to far 🤣.

Hopefully it works out, sounds like it would be a good one to drive around town and not worry about and save your other vehicles.

HuskerGarrett

If we die, we die
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
The Limited are nice they have a few more bells and whistles on them. Mine is just a Sport.

My little niece hates it when we pick her up in it because doesn't have a any of the accessories like the new cars. She can't connect to the internet to play her games on her iPad so she just watches out the window until she falls asleep if we have to go to far 🤣.

Hopefully it works out, sounds like it would be a good one to drive around town and not worry about and save your other vehicles
That actually sounds like a nice perk to me

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
FWIW, my 22 y/o son thought the post looked legit, but he thought the price was too high...while I thought it seemed reasonable, or even a good price. That's without doing any research - at all.

Price point is probably relative to how much $$$ each of us have.

HuskerGarrett

If we die, we die
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
FWIW, my 22 y/o son thought the post looked legit, but he thought the price was too high...while I thought it seemed reasonable, or even a good price. That's without doing any research - at all.

Price point is probably relative to how much $$$ each of us have.
It's definitely a better price than any here in Colorado. There's a v8 in Loveland for the same price but has 170k miles and has been in 3 accidents.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds