Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Do you know a waterboy / insideher? (1 Viewer)

HuskerGarrett

If we die, we die
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I figured I would put this post out just in case there's any untapped sources out there that we could get some more information or nugs from this year. We do still have access to our waterboy(s) from last year and obviously still all of our usual sources, but the more the merrier. I think this year will be one where a lot of people are interested in what is going on at practice and behind the scenes with Dylan Raiola and all of the other big changes around the program.

So, if you know a "waterboy" or anyone that works within or close to the program - or have any other inside source that would be willing to give us some nugs, please let me know. I think most of you know but we get info from basically everywhere - "waterboys" on the team, referees at practice, mid-high level boosters, relatives of coaches, realtors, hotel employees, etc etc.

We are not an official "media" company, which can be good and bad. Bad that we aren't just handed access like Rivals, 247, Tater Island, etc are. But good in that we don't have to get approval to share any info that we get; and I think we have proven that our info is typically better than all of there's is as well. The University can dictate what those other companies can and cannot share. We just do whatever we want.

What we can offer you and/or your insideher:

-Money. We could set up a monthly amount for practice write-ups plus additional for any juicy random nugs.
-Free membership(s)
-Love and affection
-Free tax advice from @Jim14510

Anonymity would obviously be guaranteed

We have always gone out of the way to ensure that the identity of our sources are never compromised. I do not even know the names of any of the waterboys we have used. If there is ever info that would get back to the person who supplied it, we will not post it.

With all that said, if you know anyone please let one of us know.

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG
I went ahead and sent an email to Coach Rhule asking for a list of waterboys complete with emails and phone numbers. I figured that would be a good place to start.
Proud Bau GIF by ION

Cornicator

Cornerback
Insider
I used to know a bunch. Then Bo Pelini got fired. Then Mike Riley got canned. Then Moos cleared out the last of the stragglers I knew within the program. Someday, someone needs to ask employees what they thought of Moos. He wasn't exactly disliked, but there were lots of jokes about how he rarely showed up in the office. He was out of town constantly. I think it was in 2019 that he spent the nearly the whole months of February and March at Yankees Spring Training. It was the heart of Basketball and Wrestling season along with the start of all the Spring Sports. And he was acting like a fan boy at Yankees Spring Training. Fucking bizarre behavior for an AD at major Power 5 program.

My dad does have a cousin with deep pockets who writes big checks. He and his wife are even very close friends with Rhonda Revelle and a few other Husker coaches. He will tell me things every once and while, but I don't see him very often. He has told me some juicy things before. For instance, the Sunday after Nebraska lost to Minnesota at home in 2014, we had a family get together. he told me that afternoon that Eichorst had already put the wheels in motion that Bo would be fired after the Cockeye game, regardless of the outcome.

He explained to me that back in 2014, there were 3 segments of big money Husker donors who influenced decisions:

1. A group that believed Nebraska should be competing for National Titles- They wanted Bo out as far back as 2011.
2. A group that hated Bo because of Carl banging a booster's wife and Bo just generally being an asshole who was dismissive to people that deserved respect.
3. A group of business owners and executives that was absolutely content with Bo winning 9 games every year because the stadium was full, eyeballs were watching, and Husker football had a positive impact on their business. These people were finally swayed because Eichorst either lied to them or completely over promised. Eichorst claimed he had a Home Run Hire ready to go and in the works even before the Minnesota game. This group eventually relented because they thought a big time coaching hire wouldn't have any issue continuing the same success level at a minimum. A huge level of shock ran throughout that group once Eichorst hired Mike Riley.

Group 1 and 3 hated Riley from the beginning. Group 2 even joined the "we hate Eichorst's ginger ass" by the dawn of 2017.

Mike Riley was really damned from the beginning, but he never should've been offered the job to coach at Nebraska, and it sucks how things went down as the man is a quality human being.

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
I used to know a bunch. Then Bo Pelini got fired. Then Mike Riley got canned. Then Moos cleared out the last of the stragglers I knew within the program. Someday, someone needs to ask employees what they thought of Moos. He wasn't exactly disliked, but there were lots of jokes about how he rarely showed up in the office. He was out of town constantly. I think it was in 2019 that he spent the nearly the whole months of February and March at Yankees Spring Training. It was the heart of Basketball and Wrestling season along with the start of all the Spring Sports. And he was acting like a fan boy at Yankees Spring Training. Fucking bizarre behavior for an AD at major Power 5 program.

My dad does have a cousin with deep pockets who writes big checks. He and his wife are even very close friends with Rhonda Revelle and a few other Husker coaches. He will tell me things every once and while, but I don't see him very often. He has told me some juicy things before. For instance, the Sunday after Nebraska lost to Minnesota at home in 2014, we had a family get together. he told me that afternoon that Eichorst had already put the wheels in motion that Bo would be fired after the Cockeye game, regardless of the outcome.

He explained to me that back in 2014, there were 3 segments of big money Husker donors who influenced decisions:

1. A group that believed Nebraska should be competing for National Titles- They wanted Bo out as far back as 2011.
2. A group that hated Bo because of Carl banging a booster's wife and Bo just generally being an asshole who was dismissive to people that deserved respect.
3. A group of business owners and executives that was absolutely content with Bo winning 9 games every year because the stadium was full, eyeballs were watching, and Husker football had a positive impact on their business. These people were finally swayed because Eichorst either lied to them or completely over promised. Eichorst claimed he had a Home Run Hire ready to go and in the works even before the Minnesota game. This group eventually relented because they thought a big time coaching hire wouldn't have any issue continuing the same success level at a minimum. A huge level of shock ran throughout that group once Eichorst hired Mike Riley.

Group 1 and 3 hated Riley from the beginning. Group 2 even joined the "we hate Eichorst's ginger ass" by the dawn of 2017.

Mike Riley was really damned from the beginning, but he never should've been offered the job to coach at Nebraska, and it sucks how things went down as the man is a quality human being.
So....waterboy, or no waterboy?

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds