Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking Deondre Jackson not N, maybe? (Edit) (1 Viewer)

lee_carvallo_12

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Bobby Bones Idk GIF by National Geographic Channel

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
Academic issue, has to remain at A&M for another semester. Was here with his family ready to move.

Paves the way for Grant
That's pretty shitty, tbh. They couldn't have figured that out before he came all the way up to NU?

Boondock_St_Sker

That Dude
Elite Member
Reality sucks when it bites you in the ass...I feel for the kid but on the other hand you have to know what you're getting into with the portal.

Is it Texas A&Ms fault for not letting him know his academics wouldn't work at NU? no

Is it Nebraska's fault for not letting the kid know his academics wouldn't work at Nebraska? no

It's his fault for not doing his homework to see what the qualifications were. Harsh reality.

Last edited:

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
Reality sucks when it bites you in the ass...I feel for the kid but on the other hand you have to what you're getting into with the portal.

Is it Texas A&Ms fault for not letting him know his academics wouldn't work at NU? no

Is it Nebraska's fault for not letting the kid know his academics wouldn't work at Nebraska? no

It's his fault for not doing his homework to see what the qualifications were. Harsh reality.
How is it not NUs fault?

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I prefer the JUCO RB Grant over Jackson but really sucks for the kid to get all the way to Lincoln with his family only to find this out. Would love for us to make a run at the Oregon RB but some have hinted he knew where he was going when he entered the Portal. Wonder if he is following his coach to Miami?

Boondock_St_Sker

That Dude
Elite Member
How is it not NUs fault?
I don't know all the ins and outs. It's a tough break for the kid for sure.

When he entered the portal I'm sure he didn't know where he wanted to transfer to. I don't know what his academic standing was in whatever major he was pursuing. I would have advised my kid to stop by a counselor's office and asked if he was on track for his major. Maybe he was just taking the bare minimum classes in order to play football. Classes didn't line up with his major.

If you aren't in charge of yourself, someone else is. To the detriment of this kids football and academic career. I hope he finds a place.

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
Take care of your own shit and it's not a problem
That's fucking retarded. If NU said "yeah, we'll take your commitment, come on up" without looking at his transcripts then they are at fault. Even worse, if they looked at them and said "yeah, you're good to go academically, come on up" but made a mistake then they are really at fault. What a cluster.

Every major program has people that check into shit like this. Shouldn't even be an issue. The only way it is his fault is if he needed a certain grade and didn't get it and didn't find out until after he got here.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
That's fucking retarded. If NU said "yeah, we'll take your commitment, come on up" without looking at his transcripts then they are at fault. Even worse, if they looked at them and said "yeah, you're good to go academically, come on up" but made a mistake then they are really at fault. What a cluster.

Every major program has people that check into shit like this. Shouldn't even be an issue. The only way it is his fault is if he needed a certain grade and didn't get it and didn't find out until after he got here.
I think some of it is on him if this is an issue that precludes he from transferring anywhere. If it's an idiosyncratic combination of his academics and Nebraska, it's less on him and more on not doing due diligence before bringing him up.

Either way, Dye is N so who cares.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds