Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Definitive HS movies by decade (1 Viewer)

djw004

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Guys....how has Can't Hardly Wait not been said yet?

tumblr_mys9y4vMb91scvcaso1_500.gif

Irv

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Love the HS subgenre.

Bring it On deserves a mention for the 2000s.

Going to also throw out 2 films nobody remembers.

Making the Grade. Judd Nelson plays a delinquent who is paid to take the place of a rich kid that can’t be bothered to show up at his boarding school. Hijinks ensue.

Heaven Help Us. Set at a catholic boys high school in the 1960s. Crazy cast - Andrew McCarthy, Kevin Dillon, Patrick Dempsey, Mary Stuart Masterson, Wallace Shawn, Donald Sutherland.

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
This. Ranks up there with porkys for me. The amount of BJs I got from the HS gf while watching dazed and confused, well. Was a lot. Good times.
Well how many

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
Guys,

I know what many of you are thinking but the GOAT high school movie is undoubtedly Dead Poet's Society. I'm still to this day sad about Robin Williams. I'll never forget that absolute artist.

BorWhiskey

Ziggy Stardust
Insider
Elite Member
Guys,

I know what many of you are thinking but the GOAT high school movie is undoubtedly Dead Poet's Society. I'm still to this day sad about Robin Williams. I'll never forget that absolute artist.
I watched this for the first time before I watched Dazed and Confused last weekend. Good movie. It’s a very specific HS experience.

I will say (and I’m not fucking doing a spoiler warning for a movie from the 80s) that I was shocked when the suicide happened.

BorWhiskey

Ziggy Stardust
Insider
Elite Member
I was thinking about the comments on how some movies were made in latter decades than the storyline took place. “We have HS movies about ‘now’ or ‘then’ but not in the ffuuuutt… wait, does ‘back to the future’ count?”

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
I was thinking about the comments on how some movies were made in latter decades than the storyline took place. “We have HS movies about ‘now’ or ‘then’ but not in the ffuuuutt… wait, does ‘back to the future’ count?”
If you want the most modern high school experience then HBO's Euphoria (series) is it. And it'll scare the shit out of you if you have kids.

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
I'm also so disappointed in my fellow Gen Xers that nobody mentioned Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

Get your shit together, TpBers.

(Unless of course I missed someone who mentioned it over the last few days)

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
If you want to go way back you could go James Dean: East of Eden, Rebel Without A Cause

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds