Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

DeBoer to Bama (1 Viewer)

stonesak

Wave goodbye now, it's time for you to go
I wonder how much Alabama fans will like 45-42 shootouts.

Tonkasker

Safety
Elite Member
Cockeye
Then what happens if DeBoer has a couple 9-10 win seasons and gets fired? We saw how that turned out for Nebraska. Things can get ugly pretty quick.
I hope that happens in the same timeline as Rhule leaving for Texas A&M or whatever because Kalen would absolutely crush it at Nebraska

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
He’s career 104-12 as a head coach. Pros and cons both ways. Sounds like Saban will be around to help but Kalen is a process guy and culture guy. If I remember correctly, he’s a buddy buddy assistant hire coach. I don’t know if that will fly though. He’s going to need ties to the southeast quickly.
Yeah, I don't know. Just underwhelming to me. Time will tell.

SyfromSD

El Guapo
Insider
My brother in law played with KD & Grubb back at USF when they won the natty in '96. He came up under Bob Young & he's our poor man's SoDak TO.

Kalen was everything for Washington that SF was supposed to be for us, dude is solid & takes care of his team. It wouldn't surprise me if a couple go with him.

Also, he's a very capable recruiter.

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG

This sounds sort of like when the coaching fraternity mentioned the same about Nebraska in the early 2000's during one of our coaching searches.

I cannot recall where we were at, but coaches were saying - "Yeah it's Nebraska, they'll be just fine". LMAO

In hindsight it pissed me off so bad.

Last edited:

whoboppin

Linebacker
He is a great coach, i just dont think anyone can succeed Saban. A 9-3 or 10-2 season and they will be freaking out. Not winning the SEC like 3 years in a row they will freak out. Sabans process was one of a kind? Is Deboer gonna get the #1 class with like 7 5 stars every year, or is he going to be getting like the 7th ranked classes with like 1 5 star. He can be really really good and still get on the hot seat.

thE kErnEl

Cornerback
Elite Member
Sadly, yes it is. I was hoping he’d turn them down and Bama would be forced to hire Tommy Rees or Mike Locksley.

What a meteoric rise though. DeBoer was in NAIA just over a decade ago and has 3 total years of P5 coaching experience, and he just landed the biggest gig in CFB.
I was teaching with him 20 years ago.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds