Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

DeBoer to Bama (3 Viewers)

Pepe Silvia

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Who’s on the Washington hot board?
Fritz
Klieman
Chip Kelly?

I have no idea but it’s a decent job in the Big Ten now
probably a decent chance they promote their OC. they gave him a huge raise last year to keep him from getting poached

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG

herbsinator

Running Back
Elite Member
He’ll have to bring in assistants that can recruit at a much higher level than where Washington is at right now. You can’t get away with it in the SEC if you’re outgunned every week.

Tonkasker

Safety
Elite Member
Cockeye
I would typically laugh my ass off at the idea of a college hiring a successful NFL coach but Pete Carroll would provide some good stability.

Really important hire if you consider where they were two years ago. That, and you lose a ton of talent this year. They might be in for a rough ride unless they can up their recruiting in a hurry.

Jedd Fisch is where the search ends in my opinion. Guy's on a sinking ship of an institution and would be a tremendous fit.

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
He’ll have to bring in assistants that can recruit at a much higher level than where Washington is at right now. You can’t get away with it in the SEC if you’re outgunned every week.
That was my thought. Is he going to recruit well enough? DeBoer is a scheme guy, not so much a big time recruiter. He'll have to bring in some dirty, recruiting SOBs if he wants to win at the Alabama expectation level.

A lot out there about high school recruits taking an NIL discount to go play for Saban. They won't do that for him. So Bama will have to get the NIL machine working in the right direction.

The other fascinating part of this to me is...a lot of big money guys have sat on the sideline with zero say because what are they gonna do? Go against Nick Fucking Saban? I don't think this is as turnkey as one might think. Don't get me wrong, DeBoer is a good caoch and Bama will win, but outside of his first year at Bama Saban only had 1 year where he lost more than 2 games. The Pac 12 was good this year. It still wasn't as good as the SEC.

Also, Saban has an office at the football stadium still? That's very Bill Snyder-esque. Wonder how that dynamic works. It's not at the football facility so he's not breathing down a new staff's neck but still.

stonesak

Wave goodbye now, it's time for you to go
Fisch would be a good fit, but he will likely wait for Napier to be let go at Florida. Wonder if they could pull either Klieman or Liepold outta Kansas.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Sadly, yes it is. I was hoping he’d turn them down and Bama would be forced to hire Tommy Rees or Mike Locksley.

What a meteoric rise though. DeBoer was in NAIA just over a decade ago and has 3 total years of P5 coaching experience, and he just landed the biggest gig in CFB.
Also, DeBoer is so good he made human shit stain Tom Allan look like an amazing coach. That takes talent.

I've never seen one coach who's success was so tied to one person. And yes I know IU success came after DeBoer left but their entire offense scheme/personnel was set up by KDB. Once his influence wore off, Indiana went into the literal toilet.

herbsinator

Running Back
Elite Member
That was my thought. Is he going to recruit well enough? DeBoer is a scheme guy, not so much a big time recruiter. He'll have to bring in some dirty, recruiting SOBs if he wants to win at the Alabama expectation level.

A lot out there about high school recruits taking an NIL discount to go play for Saban. They won't do that for him. So Bama will have to get the NIL machine working in the right direction.

The other fascinating part of this to me is...a lot of big money guys have sat on the sideline with zero say because what are they gonna do? Go against Nick Fucking Saban? I don't think this is as turnkey as one might think. Don't get me wrong, DeBoer is a good caoch and Bama will win, but outside of his first year at Bama Saban only had 1 year where he lost more than 2 games. The Pac 12 was good this year. It still wasn't as good as the SEC.

Also, Saban has an office at the football stadium still? That's very Bill Snyder-esque. Wonder how that dynamic works. It's not at the football facility so he's not breathing down a new staff's neck but still.
Then what happens if DeBoer has a couple 9-10 win seasons and gets fired? We saw how that turned out for Nebraska. Things can get ugly pretty quick.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds