Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Dad Thread (2 Viewers)

Driveway Jordan

Wide Receiver
Insider
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
Thread should probably pinned.

Have 2 under 2 in a small house. Sleeping is a nightmare right now. How did any of you do it? Their rooms are close to each other and if one wakes up the other is up. Suggestions besides get a better job and get a bigger house?
You've definitely come to the right place for advice.

Lionsfan93

Running Back
Recruiting Analyst
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
Another piece of advice I forgot to share. My wife and I implemented a rule that anything that we say to each other in the middle of the night while dealing with a screaming kid doesn't count. When morning roles around, it's like it never happened. We both know that whatever we said what out of frustration of the situation and not necessarily indicative of our true feelings.

IMO, best rule ever and it saved us lots of unnecessary arguments and fights.

HuskerPAC

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Luckily for me, my wife is probably more of a hardass than I am. So when it comes to crying kids, we'll have no problem letting them cry it out.
If you don’t have kids yet, let me know what your wife is like once you do. Motherhood, maternal instinct, and “mom guilt” changes most, if not all women.

My wife is a family med doc so she sees sick kids all the time. Our girls are in daycare so they bring home a new virus every other week. When our kids are sick (normal, kid sick with coughs and runny noses), my wife’s medical degree is worthless and she assumes they are dying.

DrumMonkeyRobot

Cornerback
Elite Member
If you don’t have kids yet, let me know what your wife is like once you do. Motherhood, maternal instinct, and “mom guilt” changes most, if not all women.

My wife is a family med doc so she sees sick kids all the time. Our girls are in daycare so they bring home a new virus every other week. When our kids are sick (normal, kid sick with coughs and runny noses), my wife’s medical degree is worthless and she assumes they are dying.
I'll definitely let you know. But if she ends up anything like her own mother, she's definitely gonna be a hard ass. She raised two tough girls that don't take shit from anyone.

Boondock_St_Sker

That Dude
Elite Member
Invest in the white noise things...or buy lots of vacuums
Love them as much as humanly possible
Embrace the suck
It gets better
When they suck the most, be your best
It WILL pass
Walk away for a minute
Let them cry
PATIENCE
When the coast is clear...sip a beer
Love your wife more than you ever have
Remember when you were two??? Nope, they won't either
Laugh a lot, even when you can't...make yourself laugh about it
Tease the kids about it, they don't know what you're doing

All I got for now...

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
Son #1: 3 years old

Son #2: 6 months old

I’ve cut back on work and hobby activities because of how much time it takes to help the wife with these literal domestic terrorists.

giphy.gif

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG

This is true. My wife isn’t in medicine. But if we even have a kid pull at their ears at all. She thinks it’s an ear infections and schedules an appt. 95% of the time. It’s not. Drives me insane.

Or if a kid does something in the van. She gasps like a semi is about to plow into us. You’re killing me wife.

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
This is true. My wife isn’t in medicine. But if we even have a kid pull at their ears at all. She thinks it’s an ear infections and schedules an appt. 95% of the time. It’s not. Drives me insane.

Or if a kid does something in the van. She gasps like a semi is about to plow into us. You’re killing me wife.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Because my wife likes the sex with me.

I have 4 kids. 8,6,4,2. Looking back, my first 3 were easy babies. My last kid was a nightmare. first year of life...complete asshole. Did not sleep much that year. It gets better. But I don't sleep much the way it is, so it wasn't a big deal.

My suggestion...wear their ass out until they crash hard...
Get yourself fixed. Going past 4 is complete insanity.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
My wife does shit like that all the time to me. The screams/gasps nearly causes a wreck because I hit the brakes or swerve a little.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Counterpoint: have your wife pumping out babies like a human pitching machine and fill your life with joy and the earth with your offspring like a legend.
Always begging people to give their kids rides to/from practices/games/events. Have to limit kids activities for that reason and/or money reasons.

I love my kids especially my 3rd but that 3rd makes life a lot more difficult.

BIG TONE SOPRANO

Really Big Truck
Elite Member
Thread should probably pinned.

Have 2 under 2 in a small house. Sleeping is a nightmare right now. How did any of you do it? Their rooms are close to each other and if one wakes up the other is up. Suggestions besides get a better job and get a bigger house?

Benadryl works on dogs. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
Counterpoint: have your wife pumping out babies like a human pitching machine and fill your life with joy and the earth with your offspring like a legend.
I will say this...it's crazy how unique each kid is...and they do bring me joy in all different ways. My oldest daughter is the typical eldest child. Strong willed, a leader, she's a great kid. My second is a little sweetheart with a great heart. My third daughter is a fucking hellion. But she is a daddy's girl. Ornery as can be and funny as hell. And my son is a sports loving machine...who just discovered he has nuts...and likes to tell everyone he has nuts and points to his crotch....

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds