Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Dad Thread (2 Viewers)

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
Thread should probably pinned.

Have 2 under 2 in a small house. Sleeping is a nightmare right now. How did any of you do it? Their rooms are close to each other and if one wakes up the other is up. Suggestions besides get a better job and get a bigger house?
How small of a house?

DrumMonkeyRobot

Cornerback
Elite Member
We will be having our first in September. So please, drop all the wisdom/knowledge/tricks you have in this thread.
Teach Me Benedict Cumberbatch GIF

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
We will be having our first in September. So please, drop all the wisdom/knowledge/tricks you have in this thread.
You're in for a stressful bad time that is worth it, but in your moments of madness you will be tempted to do something that is easy in the short term but a nightmare in the long run. Don't do that

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
Second question - how does anyone have more than 2 kids?
Because my wife likes the sex with me.

I have 4 kids. 8,6,4,2. Looking back, my first 3 were easy babies. My last kid was a nightmare. first year of life...complete asshole. Did not sleep much that year. It gets better. But I don't sleep much the way it is, so it wasn't a big deal.

My suggestion...wear their ass out until they crash hard...

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
You'll probably overreact to every little thing they do and every cry they make like we did, and all first-time parents do.

Keep your wife as the #1 priority, & train the baby to follow your schedule. Doesn't happen right away, & varies by kid. Advice you get from your parents or older family members is 100x better than "professionals."

Frankie51

Defensive Lineman
Because my wife likes the sex with me.

I have 4 kids. 8,6,4,2. Looking back, my first 3 were easy babies. My last kid was a nightmare. first year of life...complete asshole. Did not sleep much that year. It gets better. But I don't sleep much the way it is, so it wasn't a big deal.

My suggestion...wear their ass out until they crash hard...
Amazing. Our first had to be colicky but then again I got nothing to compare them to.

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
1500 sq ft :(
I know your pain. We started out in a small starter house, 900 sq feet, (finished the basement myself) to get some more room w/ 2 kids. It wasn't ideal. But we weren't exactly swimming in money.

As some mentioned, routines are key. And get them adapted to yours. Sometimes you gotta be an asshole and wake the kid up so they sleep more at night. I've always had to be the one to balance my wife out, because she coddles our kids and it drives me insane.

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
Amazing. Our first had to be colicky but then again I got nothing to compare them to.
My last was definitely colicky, and had to get tubes put in because of so many ear infections. Kid was always sick or crying. The first 3 were nothing like that. If my son was first, he would have been the only. But he's pretty chill now as a 2 year old, besides the sneaky little fucker coming in and jumping in our bed in the middle of the night. Which goes back to my wife coddling him....put his ass back in his bed...

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds