Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

What's the most irrationally mad your dad ever got at you? (2 Viewers)

Dble E

Cornerback
Elite Member
I am 51 but still remember when I was 15 and my dad got incredibly mad at something I still think is stupid 36 years later.

Remember I said irrationally mad....

I was 15, had three or four friends over and we were all going out to eat for my birthday. My grandpa was also there.

My mom collects us all up and we start to head out the front door. My grandpa said I have to use the restroom and goes into the restroom near the front door. We all stand there waiting and we could all hear him shitting his guts out. I mean it was loud as fuck. Poor guy must and some pretty explosive shits because it went on for about 5 minutes. Of course, being 15 my friends and I start to laugh, try to stop laughing, etc and my dad lost his mind right then and there.

You kids this, you kids that...yelling at the top of his lungs. Weird part is my grandpa comes out and figures out what is going on and he told my dad to calm down, which made him madder. In fact, during dinner GPA pulled me aside and said "Don't worry about laughing, you'll be old one day too." Great guy and had a great sense of humor. So did my dad but he was irate that day.

CornHub

Offensive Lineman
Can't remember anything that sticks out above the rest with my dad, but my uncle got irrationally mad at me once. I was 16 or 17, so I drove over there to ride with my cousin to an FFA event. I parked in front of their garage and left. When I got back, he pulled me to the side and yelled at me for parking in front of the garage. He said my aunt was working in the garden and could have severely injured herself and needed to use the car. He literally has at least 3 vehicles and is a volunteer firefighter.

pigsonthewing

Cornerback
We were door slamming kids. Long story short, we'd lose the argument about whatever dumb shit we wanted to do so we'd run to our rooms and slam the doors. Drove my dad insane, but he'd never yell or go nuts. His strategy was Silent Disappointment and a patented look of shame.

He'd just march to the tool drawer and grab a flathead. Then we'd hear him coming. When it was my sisters I'd get giddy but the couple of times it took me to learn I was pretty scared. He'd open the door, give you that crushing look of shame that would sink us all into a pit of guilt. He'd pop those hinges and your door was off like a pit crew changing a tire.

I don't slam any door to this day. RIP Dad.

iruletheskool

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Don't remember my dad ever getting raging mad. More just disappointed when I did low effort life things.

Worst was mom the time my cellphone (brick) died while at the fair with a friend and she couldn't get ahold of me.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
I actually really liked school lunch spaghetti in high school. My dad takes big pride in his cooking, BIG PRIDE. We had spaghetti one night, he asked how it was and I said “ tastes just like school spaghetti”, him not knowing I really liked school spaghetti. Can’t remember the exact phrasing but something like how ungrateful are you, how could you, I do my best and this is what I get….grew up with my dad cause my parents divorced when I was 9. He’s really good at the silent treatment, that’s how anyone knows he’s mad. I’m the same way as a 30 year old man. We lived together and didn’t talk to me for 3 days

Mustangblood

Cornerback
Elite Member
When I was probably 8-10 it had just rained pretty heavily, me and my younger brother were in our rain boots and jumping through puddles and following the running water. As the flowing water took us down through the cow lots into the pasture kept going through deeper and deeper water, the rain boots soon got filled with water and our clothes were soaked. Down in the pasture the creek was flowing hard and out of its banks but us idiots got closer and closer and ended up swimming in the flooded creek. Dad ended up finding us and ripped our ass and chased us all the way back to the house o the 4 wheeler. Running up hill a qtr mile in sopping wet clothes and rubber boots filled with water sucked big time.
I guess this wasn’t an irrationally angry moment but definitely angry.

Fitzjess21

Cornerback
Elite Member
I've got several...
The time my dad thought me and my brother locked the keys in his 69 camaro. He lost his shit on us, later he found them and my mom made him apologize.

My brother and I grew up working on the farm and fucked up a lot of shit. We got yelled at constantly and it was most likely deserved. We broke a lot of shit and were careless quite often. A couple I remember is the time a backed the tractor in the shop with the bale forks on it and shoved them through the tailgate of his pickup. He was more pissed because it pushed the pickup within inches from hitting his camaro.

One time I sent my brother about 5 miles from the house to check water in a pasture because I had to leave to go to football practice. He ended up hitting a washout and blowing both driver side tires and bending the rims. Got home after practice and got my ass chewed because it was somehow my fault. Oldest child problems...

One day in high school my friends stole my car keys and took it for lunch. Apparently they pulled out in front of this guy and he called the cops to get the owner of the vehicle (small town) and then called my dad and said I was driving like a jackass. He met me at the door when I got home and just ripped me a new one. The worst part was I had no fucking clue what he was talking about. My buddies didn't say anything about it. I tried to cover for them, but my ass was in big trouble so I decided I wasn't taking the fall for this one. He called all their parents and told them what happened.

My dad was a yelled, although he never once laid a hand on us. My brother and I got our asses chewed all the time, but it made both of us better people.

I've somewhat turned into my dad now as my kids age. I swear I have the most stubborn, hard headed 13 year old on earth. Hes usually a good kid, but likes to argue and think hes smarter than me. I could tell him how to do something 50 times and he's hell bent on doing it his way. I'm hoping it's just a teenager thing.

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Not sure my dad ever got irrationally angry at me.

One thing he did that I find amusing as an adult but always confused the hell out of me as a kid was this. Say we were working on a project together he’d say “grab that thing” “get that” “go get it, would you” and I’d have no idea what the thing or it was. When I’d ask he’d get annoyed lol.

It’s irrational annoyance more than anything but something I can empathize with nowadays wishing I had 6 arms instead of a wife who has no idea how to read my mind.

Eaton Beaver

Prime Time
Elite Member
Took my dad to the Red/white game and his breath smelled like a cows asshole. So on the way home every time he spoke up I would role his window down some. Finally after one of his husker rants he stops and ask what the hell am I trying to do with his window?

I told him it smells like someone farted and my brother's begun laughing in the back seat. He was pissed and pouted without speaking the rest of the 3hr trip.

Now when we meet up at family gatherings he has like 5 pieces of Trident in his mouth a chews very loud so everyone knows he's trying and it's not him that stinks.

Huskers633

Cornerback
Elite Member
I got an MIP 3 months before I turned 21. I think the punishment is now is much more severe, but at that time it was a $350 fine and that was it. I live in Lincoln but got the MIP in Gage county so I had to go down the court house in Beatrice. Court day came, drove down there, plead guilty, paid the fine, and went on with my life. A couple days later I was having dinner with my parents and siblings. My dad asks what's been going on lately, with us kids. And me thinking whatever, mentioned that I recently got an MIP and already paid the fine. I didn't think much of it because in my mind it wasn't a big deal.

Anyway, my dad preceded to freak out and started yelling at me about how irresponsible it was. And it was. He then reminded me that my car was in his name and he was still paying my car insurance. He demanded I hand over my keys.

In the past, I'd never argued punishments. I'd always deserved them, but this pissed me off. I got a ticket and paid the fine. It's not like I crawled to mommy and daddy asking for money to pay it. I wasn't even driving. And with all his drinking stories I'd heard over the years I couldn't believe how upset he was. We spent the dinner arguing while my mom, brother, and sisters tried to eat their dinner.

I eventually tossed the keys at him. He kept my keys for about 2 months and gave them back to me a week or so before I turned 21. I'm now 37 and it gets brought up by someone every once in a while. Every time it does I still tell him he over reacted. He use to laugh it off, but the last few times he's said that he maybe did over react.

BBTown Bomber

In Memoriam 1952-2023
tPB OG
I've got several...
The time my dad thought me and my brother locked the keys in his 69 camaro. He lost his shit on us, later he found them and my mom made him apologize.

My brother and I grew up working on the farm and fucked up a lot of shit. We got yelled at constantly and it was most likely deserved. We broke a lot of shit and were careless quite often. A couple I remember is the time a backed the tractor in the shop with the bale forks on it and shoved them through the tailgate of his pickup. He was more pissed because it pushed the pickup within inches from hitting his camaro.

One time I sent my brother about 5 miles from the house to check water in a pasture because I had to leave to go to football practice. He ended up hitting a washout and blowing both driver side tires and bending the rims. Got home after practice and got my ass chewed because it was somehow my fault. Oldest child problems...

One day in high school my friends stole my car keys and took it for lunch. Apparently they pulled out in front of this guy and he called the cops to get the owner of the vehicle (small town) and then called my dad and said I was driving like a jackass. He met me at the door when I got home and just ripped me a new one. The worst part was I had no fucking clue what he was talking about. My buddies didn't say anything about it. I tried to cover for them, but my ass was in big trouble so I decided I wasn't taking the fall for this one. He called all their parents and told them what happened.

My dad was a yelled, although he never once laid a hand on us. My brother and I got our asses chewed all the time, but it made both of us better people.

I've somewhat turned into my dad now as my kids age. I swear I have the most stubborn, hard headed 13 year old on earth. Hes usually a good kid, but likes to argue and think hes smarter than me. I could tell him how to do something 50 times and he's hell bent on doing it his way. I'm hoping it's just a teenager thing.
Easy call here……..that 13 yo is simply yore payback for all the shit you did growing up. 🤣

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
I got an MIP 3 months before I turned 21. I think the punishment is now is much more severe, but at that time it was a $350 fine and that was it. I live in Lincoln but got the MIP in Gage county so I had to go down the court house in Beatrice. Court day came, drove down there, plead guilty, paid the fine, and went on with my life. A couple days later I was having dinner with my parents and siblings. My dad asks what's been going on lately, with us kids. And me thinking whatever, mentioned that I recently got an MIP and already paid the fine. I didn't think much of it because in my mind it wasn't a big deal.

Anyway, my dad preceded to freak out and started yelling at me about how irresponsible it was. And it was. He then reminded me that my car was in his name and he was still paying my car insurance. He demanded I hand over my keys.

In the past, I'd never argued punishments. I'd always deserved them, but this pissed me off. I got a ticket and paid the fine. It's not like I crawled to mommy and daddy asking for money to pay it. I wasn't even driving. And with all his drinking stories I'd heard over the years I couldn't believe how upset he was. We spent the dinner arguing while my mom, brother, and sisters tried to eat their dinner.

I eventually tossed the keys at him. He kept my keys for about 2 months and gave them back to me a week or so before I turned 21. I'm now 37 and it gets brought up by someone every once in a while. Every time it does I still tell him he over reacted. He use to laugh it off, but the last few times he's said that he maybe did over react.
Was at a house party a few weeks before I turned 21. My life goal at the time was to wait to drink until I turned 21. I did. But I left this house party pretty early because I didn't want to get caught and get in trouble. What I missed was a pair of tits from a stoner hot chick, my buddy getting a drunk slobby blow job from another girl in my other friend's bed room while a few of my buddies watched lol and another friend hook up with a different girl. Easily one of my biggest regrets in life so far.

BBTown Bomber

In Memoriam 1952-2023
tPB OG
I wasn't stubborn or hard headed. I feared the wrath of my parents. He doesn't seem to give a fuck either way.
Haven’t been around him a lot over the past five yrs but maybe we can blame those Rubino genes………🤣

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds