Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

CU/PAC 12 Breakup (1 Viewer)

HuskerGarrett

If we die, we die
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
makes sense for me that Utah, Colorado, Arizona & ASU join the Big12. Gets the Big12 some tv sets expanding their territory to the west while also adding bigger schools with more recognition. I hope the B1G doesn't add Cal. If we do add some more Pac12 teams I'm fine with Stanford, Washington, Oregon, Colorado, ASU or Utah

lee_carvallo_12

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I hope this Deon experiment turns into a Chernobyl style disaster, but their talent upgrades in just a few months is hard to ignore. They'll win games on talent alone, despite any perceived coaching shortcomings. That said, hope DONU lays the sod on them cum september.

doublewing

Running Back
I hope this Deon experiment turns into a Chernobyl style disaster, but their talent upgrades in just a few months is hard to ignore. They'll win games on talent alone, despite any perceived coaching shortcomings. That said, hope DONU lays the sod on them cum september.
If nothing else, it will be volatile. Deion likes to be the show and he'll need to learn to be less of a distraction. I don't think he's capable of that.

Hedley Lamarr

Safety
Insider
makes sense for me that Utah, Colorado, Arizona & ASU join the Big12. Gets the Big12 some tv sets expanding their territory to the west while also adding bigger schools with more recognition. I hope the B1G doesn't add Cal. If we do add some more Pac12 teams I'm fine with Stanford, Washington, Oregon, Colorado, ASU or Utah
I would rather just add Washington and Oregon out west then look at blowing up the ACC somehow.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I would rather just add Washington and Oregon out west then look at blowing up the ACC somehow.
I honestly don't want to add any of the Pac12 schools. Would probably prefer Colorado over any others due to them being a border state for us. For selfish reasons I'd prefer if they were adding new teams that Kansas be one of them. I'd like some closer rivals to us for Husker fans to be able to travel to games.

Adolph Coors

Fat
Elite Member
less lib teams thanks

Hedley Lamarr

Safety
Insider
Washington, Oregon, UNC and one other team (probably either Virginia or Notre Dame) would make for a pretty solid 20 team conference
and if your goal is to get to 24 for example I would go with Wash, Oregon, UNC, Notre Dame, Miami and Florida State in a dream scenario. I find that unlikely and would guess you'd see Virginia and Duke instead of Miami and Florida State.

jaihawk

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
and if your goal is to get to 24 for example I would go with Wash, Oregon, UNC, Notre Dame, Miami and Florida State in a dream scenario. I find that unlikely and would guess you'd see Virginia and Duke instead of Miami and Florida State.

Selfishly, I'd love to see them replace a Virginia with Kansas. Talk about forming a dominating basketball conference as well...

cwessel76

Run The Damn Ball
Elite Member
tPB OG
I am so looking forward to the NCAA v2.0 be Big 10 vs SEC.

Ripping Lips

And I ain’t talking about fish
Elite Member
I know that I’m in the minority , but I’m sick of this conference expansion and would like to see it capped out at no more than 12 schools per conference. If you want to add a school, you gotta kick out a school. I see why the BIG added USC and UCLA for the television market, but that just adds more expenses in general for each school and those schools have fair weather fans anyway. It is what it is.

Buddyboo

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
Looks like the dominoes are about to start falling again. Seems likely a move to the Big 12 is what's being discussed.

According to sCUm, they were so thrilled to move to the PAC when they did, because that's where most of their alumni are, and it would help with recruiting. Didn't quite work out that way :)

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds