Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

CU/PAC 12 Breakup (2 Viewers)

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
I know that I’m in the minority , but I’m sick of this conference expansion and would like to see it capped out at no more than 12 schools per conference. If you want to add a school, you gotta kick out a school. I see why the BIG added USC and UCLA for the television market, but that just adds more expenses in general for each school and those schools have fair weather fans anyway. It is what it is.
With that scenario, Nebraska would probably be one of the 1st to go. If you talk to others in the B1G they seem to think our academics are no good.

I say fuck em. Does it really matter if you went to Minnesota or Nebraska? I'm in Talent Acquisition and couldn't give two shits less - as long as you completed your degree.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I hope this Deon experiment turns into a Chernobyl style disaster, but their talent upgrades in just a few months is hard to ignore. They'll win games on talent alone, despite any perceived coaching shortcomings. That said, hope DONU lays the sod on them cum september.
They got 4 or 5 good players from the portal? That's not turning a 1 loss win disaster into winning on talent alone.

lee_carvallo_12

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
They got 4 or 5 good players from the portal? That's not turning a 1 loss win disaster into winning on talent alone.
I was thinking more long-term, over the course of 3-4 years, not in year 1. Seems like they have more work to do than even DONU.

It is crazy, though, to see they have already added 45 new players through transfer and HS recruiting. 53% roster turnover. Can't hurt getting some of those 1-win wonders out of Boulder.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I was thinking more long-term, over the course of 3-4 years, not in year 1. Seems like they have more work to do than even DONU.

It is crazy, though, to see they have already added 45 new players through transfer and HS recruiting. 53% roster turnover. Can't hurt getting some of those 1-win wonders out of Boulder.
I really hope they suck bad for the next 3 years and fire Deion. Deion should have stayed at Jackson St and made himself a legend there by out talenting everyone. Tough to out talent everyone in the P5.

Pepe Silvia

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
This about the ACC is interesting

UNC, UVA, FSU and ND would get the Big 10 to a really solid national 20 team conference

it feels like Oregon and Washington are both plan B schools. imo this looks like the Big 10 wants to do everything it can to be a national brand and encroach on SEC territory while trying to box the SEC in as a regional conference

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds