Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

The new PAC-2 (1 Viewer)

Savedatmoney

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG
Season 9 Wow GIF by The Office

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
Yes but why void the PAC money before contract is up
Completely agree. “Oh, you’re going to kick us to the curb? Well, according to this contract … y’all need to stroke some checks on your way out the door.”

I’d assume the inability to perform is a breach of contract and thus Oregon St and Washington St will not be getting very much money. (if any)

Ex: minimum number of conference games, sports, physical advertising requirements on campus, etc.

I’ve never done any work on a media contract before but I assume at its base it’s an advertising contract with lots of wiggle room for both parties regarding partial performance, “make goods”, rev share changes and indefinite specific times as long as it falls within a more general time frame. I’d also assume there is arbitration requirements prior to any actual law suits given the part of the country this concerns.

TL;DR = “the 2-PAC” will not be able to fulfill their end of the contract for things like minimum # of games and other general requirements. Failure to do so will reduce their possible damages and possibly eliminate them entirely. IMO best case scenario for these 2 schools is they get to keep any pre-paid deposits and any physical property given as part of the contracts. (ain’t nothing to sneeze at; probably valued at several million dollars total)

PS: I typed this while pooping so I won’t send you a Bill for my time.
😘

iruletheskool

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
I’d assume the inability to perform is a breach of contract and thus Oregon St and Washington St will not be getting very much money. (if any)

Ex: minimum number of conference games, sports, physical advertising requirements on campus, etc.

I’ve never done any work on a media contract before but I assume at its base it’s an advertising contract with lots of wiggle room for both parties regarding partial performance, “make goods”, rev share changes and indefinite specific times as long as it falls within a more general time frame. I’d also assume there is arbitration requirements prior to any actual law suits given the part of the country this concerns.

TL;DR = “the 2-PAC” will not be able to fulfill their end of the contract for things like minimum # of games and other general requirements. Failure to do so will reduce their possible damages and possibly eliminate them entirely. IMO best case scenario for these 2 schools is they get to keep any pre-paid deposits and any physical property given as part of the contracts. (ain’t nothing to sneeze at; probably valued at several million dollars total)

😘

Fine, but was pretty sure thats the reason they didnt join some other conference. I dont know anything tho

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
Pooping is a time for taking in the wisdom of Jack Handy's "Deep Thoughts" or scrollin', not for lawyering.

But yeah, there's usually clauses regarding a majority decision to terminate the contract. Or at least that kind of language has been discussed WRT the ACC GOR agreement.

Still, I hope Wazzu and the Beavers find a way to wring every last $$$ from the carcass of the PAC12 they can. Sadly, their programs didn't matter when it mattered most, despite both of them having pretty solid years in the last season of PAC12 conference play.

RIP, PAC12.

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
Fine, but was pretty sure thats the reason they didnt join some other conference. I dont know anything tho

Pooping is a time for taking in the wisdom of Jack Handy's "Deep Thoughts" or scrollin', not for lawyering.

But yeah, there's usually clauses regarding a majority decision to terminate the contract. Or at least that kind of language has been discussed WRT the ACC GOR agreement.

Still, I hope Wazzu and the Beavers find a way to wring every last $$$ from the carcass of the PAC12 they can. Sadly, their programs didn't matter when it mattered most, despite both of them having pretty solid years in the last season of PAC12 conference play.

RIP, PAC12.

as I said in my TLDR part, it might only be a Million dollars or so per school but for those 2 Universities not joining another Conference right away in order to get some extra cash is a smart play since money is about to be tight compared to what it used to be

also not like either of those 2 schools is flush with cash to begin with, a million+ for them is like10+ million to Nebraska or other big name schools

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds