Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Colorado going all out at practice (2 Viewers)

Lionsfan93

Running Back
Recruiting Analyst
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
This Buffs team will be one of the least prepared teams and will be so undisciplined - I have no worries about this game at all. Prime is literally the opposite of Rhule. Prime has never coached a game where he doesn't have the more talented team. He might have that opportunity two times this year. Not only will Colorado be out dawg'd in nearly every game this year, but Prime will be out coached too. Farrell hit the nail on the head - this experiment is going to burn out in historic flames....

lee_carvallo_12

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I just don't see how DONU beats anyone by more than two TD's this year, unless we have an incredible punt and kick return year. Also need the D to score on an INT or scoop and score. From everything I've heard it sounds like we're going to be a ball control, ground and pound style team. Hopefully not to the degree of Cockeye cuckeyes, but it sounds like that's how Rhule wants to play.

LNKinLNK

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
This Buffs team will be one of the least prepared teams and will be so undisciplined - I have no worries about this game at all. Prime is literally the opposite of Rhule. Prime has never coached a game where he doesn't have the more talented team. He might have that opportunity two times this year. Not only will Colorado be out dawg'd in nearly every game this year, but Prime will be out coached too. Farrell hit the nail on the head - this experiment is going to burn out in historic flames....
Yupp. And most of their best talent is on defense, but they are not going to be assignment sound or disciplined, and could still be a bad defense. On offense, I just don't see the dudes. On paper their o-line is one of the worst in P5, no TEs worth a nickel, and not a single receiver on their two deep who has played in the P5.

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
The only thing that gives me pause about the CU game is that they did hire a good offensive coordinator and OL coach. That veer and shoot can be tough on a new defense.

LNKinLNK

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
Yupp. And most of their best talent is on defense, but they are not going to be assignment sound or disciplined, and could still be a bad defense. On offense, I just don't see the dudes. On paper their o-line is one of the worst in P5, no TEs worth a nickel, and not a single receiver on their two deep who has played in the P5.
To illustrate how bad their line could be, their starting LT is one of the few holdovers from last year's team, but he did not start and was only able to see 67 snaps of offensive time. So their blindside protection is a guy that was not good enough to see the field at LT or RT for the worst P5 team in the country last year. The rest of their projected starters are another holdover, and 3 guys who have never played in a P5 game.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
To illustrate how bad their line could be, their starting LT is one of the few holdovers from last year's team, but he did not start and was only able to see 67 snaps of offensive time. So their blindside protection is a guy that was not good enough to see the field at LT or RT for the worst P5 team in the country last year. The rest of their projected starters are another holdover, and 3 guys who have never played in a P5 game.
This is where I think their main failure is. They have some talent at the skill positions and on defense but their oline will be very very bad. Like make Nebraska's look good bad.

Reactions: Toe

Drue629

Safety
tPB OG
Pick'Em Champion
@Ducksker (aka Kitty)
At the end of the day, you might be right. Maybe CU is better than they look in 10-second cringe videos but as a Husker fan it is my duty to clown on them as much as possible. I went to a CU-Neb game in Boulder with my dad when I was a kid and I had shit thrown at me, grown men talking shit to me. It lit a fire that will never be put out. I hope CU loses every game and Deion loses half his leg in the process.

8 year old me laying in bed that night thinking about CU fans:
Season 2 Shut Up GIF by The Lonely Island

whoboppin

Linebacker
I just don't see how DONU beats anyone by more than two TD's this year, unless we have an incredible punt and kick return year. Also need the D to score on an INT or scoop and score. From everything I've heard it sounds like we're going to be a ball control, ground and pound style team. Hopefully not to the degree of Cockeye cuckeyes, but it sounds like that's how Rhule wants to play.
Nebraska isnt going to beat them by 5 TDs because Nebraska is a good team, they are going to beat them by 35 because Colorado is a terrible, god awful, garbage team. Change the name to Fordham. Frost beat Fordham 52-7.

DuckSker

RedSeaFarts=Sandalwood
Elite Member
@Ducksker (aka Kitty)
At the end of the day, you might be right. Maybe CU is better than they look in 10-second cringe videos but as a Husker fan it is my duty to clown on them as much as possible. I went to a CU-Neb game in Boulder with my dad when I was a kid and I had shit thrown at me, grown men talking shit to me. It lit a fire that will never be put out. I hope CU loses every game and Deion loses half his leg in the process.

8 year old me laying in bed that night thinking about CU fans:
Season 2 Shut Up GIF by The Lonely Island
I fuckin hate them too trust me. But not setting myself up for a huge emotional let down

whoboppin

Linebacker
Colorado's OC is really good & we are just as unproven as they are. Our WR room looks to be struggling & the DBs will be a strength of their defense. That's why I'm hesitant about this game.
Will hardly matter when Nebraska rushes for like 600 yards

LNKinLNK

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
Colorado's OC is really good & we are just as unproven as they are. Our WR room looks to be struggling & the DBs will be a strength of their defense. That's why I'm hesitant about this game.
"Really good" may be overstating it. He had some good years at Bowling Green and Syracuse, but his tenure at Kent State was not very good, even if you just look at offensive production.

jickey moseph

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Like the other poster said... "really good" is a stretch lol

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds