Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Colorado going all out at practice (5 Viewers)

Drue629

Safety
tPB OG
Pick'Em Champion
His son is the real deal, Shedeur is a top 20 QB. They have the skill position but watch the film for yourself. Outside of their skill players, they seem pretty slim. Idk if this was 1 v 1's but the defense from what I've seen does not have the talent to match up with most power 5 teams. They'll be able to throw the ball around enough to move the ball on most but like many have said, depth is going to kill them as the year goes on.

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
His son is the real deal, Shedeur is a top 20 QB. They have the skill position but watch the film for yourself. Outside of their skill players, they seem pretty slim. Idk if this was 1 v 1's but the defense from what I've seen does not have the talent to match up with most power 5 teams. They'll be able to throw the ball around enough to move the ball on most but like many have said, depth is going to kill them as the year goes on.

Real deal against who? Last year's competition at Jackson State?

2023-08-24 13_31_29-2022 Jackson State Tigers football team - Wikipedia - Brave.png

Drue629

Safety
tPB OG
Pick'Em Champion
Real deal against who? Last year's competition at Jackson State?

View attachment 26519
Do you have any idea how many NFL quarterbacks played in a lower division in college? It doesn't matter. I said top 20 not top 5 chill ya onion.
Carsen Wentz
Jimmy Garappolo
Steve McNair
Phil Sims
tony Romo
Joe Flacco
Kurt Warner
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Rich Gannon

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Do you have any idea how many NFL quarterbacks played in a lower division in college? It doesn't matter. I said top 20 not top 5 chill ya onion.
Carsen Wentz
Jimmy Garappolo
Steve McNair
Phil Sims
tony Romo
Joe Flacco
Kurt Warner
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Rich Gannon
QB's that were good in the NFL that played at lower divisions isn't evidence that Sanders is good.

I don't really know. I'm not sure this year is going to be a very good gauge either if his Oline is as bad as I think it's going to be.

Fitzjess21

Cornerback
Elite Member

My concern is his kid has never played against P5 defenses. All those stats he put up were against teams far inferior to even G5 teams. I think hes decent, but he hasn't seen a decent defense. He also won't have the most athletic skill positions on the field to throw to.

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
He had offers to P5 schools but prior to his dad getting the job at Jackson St he was committed to Florida Atlantic. I don't know if the P5 schools were offering him at a position other than QB or what the deal was with his recruitment.
Carsen Wentz
Jimmy Garappolo
Steve McNair
Phil Sims
tony Romo
Joe Flacco
Kurt Warner
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Rich Gannon

That's cool and all, but how many QB's that have come through classes the last 10-15 years that had plenty of P5 offers that did horrible in college? And how many college QB's at lower divisions that did well that didn't get drafted nor even sniffed an NFL roster?

I'm willing to bet the list of lower division QB's that did extremely well in college that were not great past that level is more larger.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
He also won't have the most athletic skill positions on the field to throw to.
The #1 and 2 receivers from South Florida transferred there. They'll start. Hunter will play receiver some too. He's got the athletic ability but don't think he's very polished as a receiver. Then the #3 receiver from Jackson St. The #1 receiver from Jackson St interestingly transferred somewhere else. Omarion Miller was a Mickey committ.

Probably close to a toss up who's WR room is better but NE is looking at ours as a weakness and it's one of Colorado's strengths.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
That's cool and all, but how many QB's that have come through classes the last 10-15 years that had plenty of P5 offers that did horrible in college? And how many college QB's at lower divisions that did well that didn't get drafted nor even sniffed an NFL roster?

I'm willing to bet the list of lower division QB's that did extremely well in college that were not great past that level is more larger.
Yeah I didn't mean it as support for him being good. Kind of the opposite actually if he didn't have any real P5 offers at QB.

DuckSker

RedSeaFarts=Sandalwood
Elite Member
The #1 and 2 receivers from South Florida transferred there. They'll start. Hunter will play receiver some too. He's got the athletic ability but don't think he's very polished as a receiver. Then the #3 receiver from Jackson St. The #1 receiver from Jackson St interestingly transferred somewhere else. Omarion Miller was a Mickey committ.

Probably close to a toss up who's WR room is better but NE is looking at ours as a weakness and it's one of Colorado's strengths.
Dylan Edwards is probably the steal of that ‘23 class. I’d look out for him in a slot/wandale type role

lee_carvallo_12

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Will hardly matter when Nebraska rushes for like 600 yards

My prediction is it will be an ugly game between two mediocre teams. I hope we run a ton of option and burn clock and turn it into an ugly Big Ten slug fest. If we let it become a track meet they could get us. And yes their WR room is decent.
These ^^^ Assuming Rhule is smart enough not to overcomplicate it. Run it 50-60 times until you eventually grind down their D. 2-3 yard runs from the 1st and 2nd qtrs turn into 8-10 yd runs in the 3rd and 4th. Hopefully our D is as advertised and we can keep them under 20pts.

DuckSker

RedSeaFarts=Sandalwood
Elite Member
These ^^^ Assuming Rhule is smart enough not to overcomplicate it. Run it 50-60 times until you eventually grind down their D. 2-3 yard runs from the 1st and 2nd qtrs turn into 8-10 yd runs in the 3rd and 4th. Hopefully our D is as advertised and we can keep them under 20pts.
Agreed. Just hope we can win those outside battles when they stack the box on 3rd and 4

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Dylan Edwards is probably the steal of that ‘23 class. I’d look out for him in a slot/wandale type role
Maybe some day. I don't think he's making a real impact in 2023.

I think McCaskill is a good RB but I don't think he's good enough to make a bad oline look good. Type of guy that will get picked up as an UDFA or drafted late and have a solid 4 or 5 year career as a #2 in the NFL.

Smoke was getting buried on the depth chart at Kentucky but that doesn't mean he's bad. Decent #2.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Guys it's not going to be close, we're gonna wax that ass and you can take that to the credit union.
I think this is how we do it.

They get waxed in week 1 by TCU and the 2-3 yard runs are mixed in with a couple of big plays early and they completely fold early 3rd qtr.

Dr.DrakeRamoray

Wide Receiver
Insider
tPB OG
I think sanders will be a decent to good QB. Problem is there is zero evidence to back that up. He put up good number at JSU playing significantly inferior competition throwing to significantly superior weapons. It’s TBD if he can do that at the p5 level when he’s running for his life behind a crappy OL

Also it’s laughable they think they beat TCU… yeah they lost a bunch but that’s a team coming off a title game appearance with a real good HC And guys that have been in a P5 nutrition and SC program for longer than 10 months. TCU gonna go in dry

DuckSker

RedSeaFarts=Sandalwood
Elite Member
Maybe some day. I don't think he's making a real impact in 2023.

I think McCaskill is a good RB but I don't think he's good enough to make a bad oline look good. Type of guy that will get picked up as an UDFA or drafted late and have a solid 4 or 5 year career as a #2 in the NFL.

Smoke was getting buried on the depth chart at Kentucky but that doesn't mean he's bad. Decent #2.
I hope he doesn’t. Sounds like he’s been getting a lot of work with the 1’s though. There’s a video of him stiff arming 5 star Cormani McClain into oblivion. (Yes i know McClain is skinny)

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds