Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Colorado going all out at practice (2 Viewers)

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Seydou Traore. He was one of their most impressive portal pickups and projected as a top 3 round NFL draft pick. The fact that he’s bolting is pretty eye opening.
It's gotta be NIL related? The CU 247 guy was on 1620 this past week and he admitted that their NIL was not really that great yet. He was thinking it will get better after a full year of Prime.

I WANT to believe that these guys are smart and just going "this whole thing is a shit show, I gotta get out of here".... but humans will suffer through amazing shit situations for the right $$$.

My guess is that the players are fine with the entire situation at CU except the money. Again, I hope it's more than that (since I'm a CU hater), but I'm not sure. As wacky as Deion is, his assistants are who these players work with day in and day out, and those assistants are very good and very competent.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
He didn't completely clean house. I read there were still 12 guys left who were on last year's roster.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
It's pretty amazing he put his son in this situation, but to Herb's point, maybe it's worth the money to Sheduer

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
I was told that Colorado had a giant list of "Dawgs" that would have announced their transfer intentions by now.....Deion said so.....but....2341214_0.png

djw004

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
I was told that Colorado had a giant list of "Dawgs" that would have announced their transfer intentions by now.....Deion said so.....but....View attachment 22614
I absolutely LOVED that Mcafee asked him after he said that people would see why they have all this room clearing up when they see the list, "when is that list coming out?"

.....uhhh....soon brother.

Yeah - there's no list haha.

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
Pretty sure he's just been taking the scraps of Florida State's attrition hasn't he?
Yes. He has gotten some scraps and some redshirt freshmen with tons of eligibility, but here's the thing, he needs ready made starters. And even if he was able to find a few (he won't find 22) he'll have absolutely zero depth behind them with any sort of experience or continuity. He has totally blown this and I'm just waiting for CU fans to admit it. An OL redshirt freshman with 3 career snaps against a small school in garbage time is the type of guy you bring in for 2 seasons from now, not September.

This is going to be 50% tragedy and 50% comedy. And add that he is throwing his son out there with these misfits. I'm willing to bet any amount of money that he pulls his kid out and claims some sort of injury early in the season to maintain his eligibility instead of wasting a year on what is sure to be a circus. He'll throw the backup QB under the bus quick. Just watch.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Yes. He has gotten some scraps and some redshirt freshmen with tons of eligibility, but here's the thing, he needs ready made starters. And even if he was able to find a few (he won't find 22) he'll have absolutely zero depth behind them with any sort of experience or continuity. He has totally blown this and I'm just waiting for CU fans to admit it. An OL redshirt freshman with 3 career snaps against a small school in garbage time is the type of guy you bring in for 2 seasons from now, not September.

This is going to be 50% tragedy and 50% comedy. And add that he is throwing his son out there with these misfits. I'm willing to bet any amount of money that he pulls his kid out and claims some sort of injury early in the season to maintain his eligibility instead of wasting a year on what is sure to be a circus. He'll throw the backup QB under the bus quick. Just watch.
Taking Notes GIF

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG

One other thing on this, I said from moment Deion signed w CU that he should have held out for a G5 program in FL or GA. This would have worked out way better at S Florida or UCF.

This was always going to be hard to do this strategy at Colorado. It's just too far away for three southern kids. Colorado in its heyday was bringing in California kids from south central and Compton, etc. Prime is like 98% hitting FL and GA and the rest of the south. Boulder is a culture shock for those kids.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds