Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking Coaching Carousel ‘21

What are you talking about…Nebraska hasn’t beaten them since…2020

So one full year it’s been since Mighty Brohm has lost to Nebraska.

Of the 4 times we’ve played them, 2019, 2021 were two of the absolute worst QB performances we’ve ever seen. We were held back by one player in both those games that you can point right to and say “He lost us the game.” I don’t consider that being miles ahead of anyone.

Of the 4 times we’ve played them, 2019, 2021 were two of the absolute worst QB performances we’ve ever seen. We were held back by one player in both those games that you can point right to and say “He lost us the game.” I don’t consider that being miles ahead of anyone.
Still reflects the fact we're miles behind. We can't coach up or develop our players (especially on the offensive side of the ball) to beat teams that shouldn't be a threat to us. Two teams in our division should be the main problem, Wisconsin and Cockeye, yet we get beat year in and year out by lesser quality teams.

Still reflects the fact we're miles behind. We can't coach up or develop our players (especially on the offensive side of the ball) to beat teams that shouldn't be a threat to us. Two teams in our division should be the main problem, Wisconsin and Cockeyes, yet we get beat year in and year out by lesser quality teams.

Miles ahead of us are teams like Ohio St and Michigan where it’s not a surprise if they’d beat us by double digits and it was a surprise when we are in position to potentially pull upsets.

Purdoodoo is a team I wouldn’t be surprised if we beat next year. That’s not a team or a program that is miles ahead of us if we’re able to essentially close a gap in one offseason.

You can do this to basically explain any loss in college football. If only we had good QB play/special teams play/OLine play, you name it, we’d have won the game.

The reality is the gap is not that big between most teams in the Power 5 and that one thing is the difference between winning more than you should (Brohm) and being incomprehensibly bad (Frost).

You can do this to basically explain any loss in college football. If only we had good QB play/special teams play/OLine play, you name it, we’d have won the game.

The reality is the gap is not that big between most teams in the Power 5 and that one thing is the difference between winning more than you should (Brohm) and being incomprehensibly bad (Frost).
Exactly 💯

Per Bruce Feldman Athletic article he just posted there are rumbling Harbaugh may make the jump back to the NFL.

Per Bruce Feldman Athletic article he just posted there are rumbling Harbaugh may make the jump back to the NFL.

Just came to post this!

My guess is this is a way to get all the money back to being guaranteed in his contract.
I think there is a good possibility of him leaving. On the money part of it: Harbaugh was quick to capitulate to a restructured contract previously and just gave $2M in bonuses to Michigan staffers impacted by the pandemic - Bonus. I don't think him getting more $$$ out of Michigan would be a motivation for him.

On the football side of things, the NFL will want him based on his prior success and I think he'd be ready to leave Michigan. He surmounts the OSU obstacle for a beatdown in the playoff. There is a limit to his success at Michigan and he can rid himself of the CFB drama and nonsense.

JMO, but I'd put it at 60/40 him leaving.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back