Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Big Noon Kickoff vs. Cuckaloes (4 Viewers)

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
I think we’re gonna lose next week but TCU could not tackle. They also played a very soft zone and they couldn’t cover the RB out of the backfield. I’m not sure our D will do any better against them but that RB looked like Mo Washington against CU all game
The one thing we have going for us is that we have a solid DC for once.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
BTW if anyone says TCU is good, it was just CU's prolific offense that made them look bad......

TCU's 10 penalties AT HOME shows you how dogshit they are. That's the sign of a bad team.

Unfortunately I don't think Nebraska is that good either. But our flaws are in completely different places, which will make this match-up somewhat interesting.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
BTW if anyone says TCU is good, it was just CU's prolific offense that made them look bad......

TCU's 10 penalties AT HOME shows you how dogshit they are. That's the sign of a bad team.

Unfortunately I don't think Nebraska is that good either. But our flaws are in completely different places, which will make this match-up somewhat interesting.
If you control the line of scrimmage and don’t turn the ball over good things happen. Easier said than done especially on the turnover front.

stonesak

Wave goodbye now, it's time for you to go
I know a lot of people have been being "negative" the last couple days.

But from what I saw Thursday, I struggle to see how this team scores more than 24 points ever.

They looked awful.
If they execute they would've scored 28 against a salty Minny D.

Eloot224

Running Back
Elite Member
i-formation-plays-for-youth-football.jpg

Dr.DrakeRamoray

Wide Receiver
Insider
tPB OG
I know a lot of people have been being "negative" the last couple days.

But from what I saw Thursday, I struggle to see how this team scores more than 24 points ever.

They looked awful.
Just saw dean in Minny, walking around with his family. Had a big ol Travis Matthew bag

CornFed Gregger

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member

TCU’s schedule looks like they can go 4-1 or 5-1 then after that I can see em finishing 2-4 or worse.

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
I didn’t get a chance to watch the CUnts but I’m assuming @slattimer will be breaking down why we will still whoop their ass any minute now
I like Tony White. I think he's a good DC. He'll have a plan. But we are likely challenged in the speed department.

I have little faith in our offense right now. My pessimism is growing...especially as I drink more beers today.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I struggle to see how this team scores more than 24 points ever.
Meh...they drove it down for he goal line twice so that's 2 TDs. 14 pts. Had a TD drive. 21 pts. Were driving when Grant fumbled.

They can easily score 24 if they don't turn it over. Also I think the D will create some short fields for them too.

All depends on if they can use Sims in a way that he doesn't turn it over like that. People are not factoring in that the MN D is quite good and we were on the road. Most other P5 teams are opening vs Roast Beef State at home etc. It's not a fair comparison.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG

They had like 5 false starts. Reminded me of our Frost coached teams.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
They had like 5 false starts. Reminded me of our Frost coached teams.
And they were HOME. Which makes it even more pathetic.

Frost had shit shows like that but he at least had the decency to have them on the road at top 10 teams like Oklahoma.

That penalty display at home vs a 1-11 team from the previous year might actually been worse than Frost ever did (minus GS game which got him fired). I'm honestly not sure if Frost ever had 10 penalties at home, though he probably did somewhere in there.

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
If you control the line of scrimmage and don’t turn the ball over good things happen. Easier said than done especially on the turnover front.
This. And easier said than done when you have an OC that struggles to stay disciplined, and/or committed to what the plan was all off-season.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds