Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Rumor Betts Nugget (1 Viewer)

Lionsfan93

Running Back
Recruiting Analyst
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
He didn't ask to come back. They asked him.
That's only partially true. He decided to get back in the game on his own, but assumed that his bridge was burned with Nebraska. So he entered the portal and was very nearly at Pitt when Rhule called and asked to meet with him.

He had a lot of work to do in order to get academically eligible. That's why he had to take the 21 credit hours. My source was skeptical that he would be able to get it down, given his past. But after he got it done, he started to think that he had really grown and turned the corner. My source was devastated on Friday when he found out about this.

Zavier made this decision completely independently - even his family was unaware and caught off guard by this.

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
That's only partially true. He decided to get back in the game on his own, but assumed that his bridge was burned with Nebraska. So he entered the portal and was very nearly at Pitt when Rhule called and asked to meet with him.

He had a lot of work to do in order to get academically eligible. That's why he had to take the 21 credit hours. My source was skeptical that he would be able to get it down, given his past. But after he got it done, he started to think that he had really grown and turned the corner. My source was devastated on Friday when he found out about this.

Zavier made this decision completely independently - even his family was unaware and caught off guard by this.
I'm assuming this is the nail in the coffin of his football career (at least here, if not altogether) but any word on whether anyone is gonna try to unburn this bridge?

Herbie

Quarterback

People are going to call him lazy, unmotivated, stupid, etc…. But I think he’s proven he’s not with how much he’s worked to get back on the right track.

But at this level you have to truly love football no matter how athletically gifted you are. For some reason fans lose sight of that; it’s ok for them to have career changes, growth, and new passions. But a 20 year old can’t.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I'm assuming this is the nail in the coffin of his football career (at least here, if not altogether) but any word on whether anyone is gonna try to unburn this bridge?
If it's true that he took this action without consulting a single member of his family....you have to think they're putting tons of pressure on Zavier to re-mend that bridge. I mean, he was the dude that cranked out 21 credit hours in a short period of time to even get to this point. And by all accounts worked hard in spring/summer. He even did an interview this spring about how much he appreciates Rhule.

I'm sure he's got family members chirping in his ear, the question is what is he thinking right now.

I was looking for the clip of him taking about Rhule - can't find it. But here's a story about what an odd dude he is:

Toe

Wide Receiver
“Apparently on Tuesday or Wednesday Marcus Washington and Zavier got into it a little bit. Zavier claimed to have a concussion but was cleared and Marcus called him out for not actually being hurt.. and trying to get out of practice ect”

Was Betts still trying to say he had a concussion/wanting to sit out after he was cleared, or just before?

Huskerbuck85

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
If it's true that he took this action without consulting a single member of his family....you have to think they're putting tons of pressure on Zavier to re-mend that bridge. I mean, he was the dude that cranked out 21 credit hours in a short period of time to even get to this point. And by all accounts worked hard in spring/summer. He even did an interview this spring about how much he appreciates Rhule.

I'm sure he's got family members chirping in his ear, the question is what is he thinking right now.

I was looking for the clip of him taking about Rhule - can't find it. But here's a story about what an odd dude he is:

Only thing odd here is that painful conversation between supple and dweab

Herbie

Quarterback
If it’s true Betts left the team because Washington rode his ass about not coming back fast enough from his concussion then Washington should be off the team too.

That attitude is why concussion management is still such a joke in spots.

Huskerbuck85

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
If it’s true Betts left the team because Washington rode his ass about not coming back fast enough from his concussion then Washington should be off the team too.

That attitude is why concussion management is still such a joke in spots.
It was not the sole reason. Just solidified his decision that was likely coming one way or the other.

wildcat_husker

Cornerback
Elite Member
I don't agree with the stuff about him being a "talented pussy".

He just didn't want to play D1 football.

I have met other people who were extremely talented at a sport, thought they loved their sport, and then got to D1 and found out they actually didn't love their sport enough to give up all the other parts of their life to continue participating in it.

You have to be extremely driven to excel at something to do it at D1.

He didn't ask to come back. They asked him.
On the surface, it seems incredibly unwise for him to not stick it out (unless he continues to go to school). Whether he loves football or not.

Life for Zavier could be extremely difficult, given what we’ve read about him over the years. Football + a scholarship gave him a way out from that.

HCFord1

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
It was not the sole reason. Just solidified his decision that was likely coming one way or the other.
Agreed. There's no way that he went from fully bought in to quitting just based on one confrontation with a teammate. He had clearly been feeling this way and this was a final straw.

That being said, concussions are no joke and can change the way that someone thinks. It's entirely possible that Betts had every intention of staying with football up until this recent concussion.

DuckSker

RedSeaFarts=Sandalwood
Elite Member
Not practicing because you feel bad but are cleared is different than not practicing when you aren't cleared.
Just get him the fuck on the field when it matters. If anyone should be doing the enforcing in that room its Kemp not doghouse Washington

1692146280940.gif

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds