Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Baylor fans not happy with Aranda (1 Viewer)

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Glad we didn't hire Aranda.
I admit to really wanting him at NU at one point. Started watching his press conferences on youtube and you see how quiet/boring/low energy he is on camera...but I was talking myself into "this could work here."

If he gets fired from Baylor I gotta think Aranda goes back to DC role and maybe goes the Venables route (before he took OU HC job).

I know TO had zero personality, but I just don't know how you can have success in this NIL/portal era with that little energy/personality. Yeah "it doesn't matter if you're winning" but I just don't see it. At least at big jobs.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
But I'm old and don't want to wait three years to be good.
Know Joe Biden GIF by The Democrats

Stan Raymond

Cornerback
I admit to really wanting him at NU at one point. Started watching his press conferences on youtube and you see how quiet/boring/low energy he is on camera...but I was talking myself into "this could work here."

If he gets fired from Baylor I gotta think Aranda goes back to DC role and maybe goes the Venables route (before he took OU HC job).

I know TO had zero personality, but I just don't know how you can have success in this NIL/portal era with that little energy/personality. Yeah "it doesn't matter if you're winning" but I just don't see it. At least at big jobs.
I was in the same boat. Loved him as a DC and seemed that he was a rising star as a HC, guess I was wrong.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I was in the same boat. Loved him as a DC and seemed that he was a rising star as a HC, guess I was wrong.
Looking back at it...not enough track record for the $$ we were paying.

Guys like Rhule, F1ckel and even Deion had shown the ability to command a program and build it from the ground up. Aranda looked like a GREAT option for a second there but when you look back on it with that lense, it looks like he just wasn't quite proven enough.

Actually when you look at Frost it was really the same thing as Aranda - they were coordinators who struck gold with another HC's players. Really something that ADs need to look at nowadays, bc some results can be deceiving.

tman87

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Looking back at it...not enough track record for the $$ we were paying.

Guys like Rhule, F1ckel and even Deion had shown the ability to command a program and build it from the ground up. Aranda looked like a GREAT option for a second there but when you look back on it with that lense, it looks like he just wasn't quite proven enough.

Actually when you look at Frost it was really the same thing as Aranda - they were coordinators who struck gold with another HC's players. Really something that ADs need to look at nowadays, bc some results can be deceiving.
Your points and comparisons are not wrong. That being said, it is almost always a dice roll when hiring a new HC. Rare the no risk home run hire.

Tonkasker

Safety
Elite Member
Cockeye
The guy might be one of the smartest out there when it comes to drawing up scheme on defense

Last edited:

Goskers07

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
When you look at the coaching staff from that 2019 LSU championship team, it really makes you appreciate how good players like Burrow, Chase, Jefferson, etc were. They utterly dominated their schedule. The staffs whole star was shining bright and many took advantage.

Now the HC is jobless from having been fired.

OC was demoted to an analyst.

Passing game coordinator was a failure of an OC.

DC is on the hot seat as an HC.

OL coach is now an assistant OL coach, a la Raiola at the Bears.

WR coach just barely missed a felony.

RB coach is unemployed.

DL coach is making his rounds in the XFL.

You can argue that the only two not bit by that bug are the CB coach and Safety coach, one of whom is currently unemployed as well.

Black Dean

Dean but also Black
Insider
tPB OG

I’ll admit I was in the same boat.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds