Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Baylor fans not happy with Aranda (5 Viewers)

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
I’ll admit I was in the same boat.
Turd ended up having a lot of good coaches to pick from in the end. Aranda wasn’t one of them. Thank God he played his way out of it with the way last year went, and maybe he really wasn’t interested which was possibly a break for us in the end.

Fargo Husker

Quarterback
Elite Member
When I saw this I knew we were in trouble RE: losing White. This is the type of video a coordinator puts out who wants a HC gig. That's the only reason you put these out - to get visibility as an OC or DC. And I'm not mad at him at all, just sucks to only have him for one season.

First of all, thanks for posting that. I hadn’t seen that anywhere before.

Second, I can’t say I agree with your conclusion that the ONLY reason that gets put out is for exposure/visibility. We have a rabid fan base waiting to consume any and all available Husker content. It doesn’t surprise me at all that the athletic department would want to make and post a video like this.

djw004

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
I admit to really wanting him at NU at one point. Started watching his press conferences on youtube and you see how quiet/boring/low energy he is on camera...but I was talking myself into "this could work here."

If he gets fired from Baylor I gotta think Aranda goes back to DC role and maybe goes the Venables route (before he took OU HC job).

I know TO had zero personality, but I just don't know how you can have success in this NIL/portal era with that little energy/personality. Yeah "it doesn't matter if you're winning" but I just don't see it. At least at big jobs.
I am a HUGE Aranda fan. His spurt was so good for a while - but they have been all it was, a spurt.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Hope he rallies and keeps his job because this idea of him fixing USC's defense is revolting.
He's from out there IIRC. That's gotta be where he's headed.

He's not coming here IMHO. If he was contacted about the UNL gig and turned us down (as was rumored on TOS), I can't see him then agreeing to come here as a coordinator.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds