Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

August Recruiting Thread

From the Fong:

As San Antonio (Texas) Alamo Heights Tater Island Industry five-star athlete Michael Terry III takes his college decision into the season, we’ll likely see the blue-chipper pop up at some of the biggest games.

Nebraska is in position to get that first game-day experience.

“We’re probably going to go to that Colorado game,” Terry’s father tells Tater Island. The Huskers will host the Buffaloes in primetime on Sept. 7.

Matt Rhule and Nebraska are a finalists for Terry alongside Oregon and Texas. This will be the family’s third visit to Lincoln this calendar year. He took his official for the spring game and returned again in late July.

“The thing of it is, I swear, they got everything perfect,” the elder Terry said. “They got everything perfect. The way they’re staffed and all those guys. They have a real good staff. The people, man we go places (there), they took us downtown and everyone knew who Mike was. They came up to us, not crazy, ‘how you doing’ and go about their business. You just get a relaxed feeling. You feel comfortable when you’re there.

“Coach Rhule that’s a cool dude. The school everything is convenient.”

Michael Terry is working to get the Longhorns on the calendar​

Texas invited Terry to come to the opener against Colorado State. He has his eye on getting back to Austin for the Georgia game.

“Texas is Texas,” Terry said. “Texas is going to do what they do. They’re going to go out there and play football. Going to their practice also you can tell they’re really a developing school. They’re out there developing guys. They’re not just having practice. You can just tell who’s having practice and who’s really working to develop the kids. I tell Mike that’s something you have to think of too. What’s your plan of developing me.”

Getting back to Eugene is on the mind as well​

The Terry camp wants to get to an Oregon game as well. The elder Terry talked about their “advanced offense” and relationship with Dan Lanning and Will Stein as things catching their eye.

“Will Stein called last night.”

Terry plans on enrolling early at the school of his choice.

“I told Mike you got to pay attention to all the small things,” Terry II said.

“You have to look at the communication, look at the support, who’s calling you to see how your practices are going. Who’s calling checking in on you. The big thing for me is the head coach calling you. If the head coach is calling you it’s a different thing. They’re busy. they don’t have time to be calling and Facetiming everybody.”

Terry ranks as the Tater Island Industry’s No. 1 ranked athlete and No. 28 prospect overall.

Yes. Like his mom, he is very interested in throwing for the track team in college. Hopefully our string of football players competiting and succeeding for the Husker track team helps us here.

This will be our third straight year of being a finalist for the top OT in the country, right? Maybe third time is the charm! Hopefully we'll have some success to sell him unlike the other two. Also unlike the other two, he's coming from a Nebraska border state (though the far end of that state.)

Roy Mongo:

Jackson Cantwell will visit Nebraska this fall​

Nebraska made a serious run at five-star+ offensive tackle David Sanders Jr. this year. The lack of visits and being a little further away from home than the other schools didn’t help Nebraska’s chances. The Huskers have one of the best tackles in the country growing up in the radius next year.

Jackson Cantwell has been one of Nebraska fans’ top targets for the 2026 class for a while. The 6-foot-7.5 and 305-pound tackle from Nixa (Mo.) has visited Nebraska three times before, including a junior day in January, and the No. 2 recruit in the country will be back in Lincoln at some point this fall.

“I am working on planning a visit to Nebraska this fall,” Cantwell said. “I have already seen pretty much everything at Nebraska, but I am continuing to build relationships and monitor the program, which should make it worthwhile.”

Nebraska has a trio of coaches, including the head coach, who stay in touch with the top junior tackle in the country. Cantwell says that the conversations with the Nebraska staff go way beyond just talking about football.

“I have been talking to Coach Raiola, Head Coach Matt Rhule, and Coach Keith Williams a lot. We have been talking about anything and everything.”

Cantwell is just getting started on pulling together his plans for this fall. He says that he plans to take trips to four to six schools. One of the things keeping him from making those plans until now has been his focus. He says this year’s squad could be contenders for a state title.

“I think we can compete for a state title,” Cantwell said. “And I think that I can compete to be recognized as one of, if not the best, player in Missouri. We have a lot of great players on our team, and we should be very competitive.”

Should be an impressive atmosphere to have recruits attending
Makes me think that the coaches truly feel that we are going to beat the piss out of the Puffs. Sure the atmosphere before the game and at the start of the game will be electric, but it is going to be hard to continue to sell that we are a program on the raise if we have another big game where we shit the bed...

Makes me think that the coaches truly feel that we are going to beat the piss out of the Puffs. Sure the atmosphere before the game and at the start of the game will be electric, but it is going to be hard to continue to sell that we are a program on the raise if we have another big game where we shit the bed...
100%. I hope we absolutely demoralize them and don't let off the gas the entire game...and I think there's a decent chance that happens. Now pass me some more kool-aid

chris tucker smokey GIF

Please Lord baby Jesus let this be Christian Jones.
That would be great. Though (unless I've missed other coaches) the Death Row reference has me thinking DL. Is there anyone close to popping there?

That would be great. Though (unless I've missed other coaches) the Death Row reference has me thinking DL. Is there anyone close to popping there?
I can't remember - are we recruiting him as an inside LB or at Jack/Edge? If it is the latter, then maybe it could be Jones?

It's mainly wishful thinking on my part. But I do think he does in part get recruited by Knighton.

But alas, all the info is that he wants to wait in to the season and take more visits, I was just hoping for a change of heart on that front.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back