Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

August recruiting thread (4 Viewers)

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
Dance Dancing GIF by Working Not Working
Happy Dance GIF by Working Not Working

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Michigan and Kentucky On 3 sites have lots of talk about the Smith Brother potentially de-committing from Michigan and committing elsewhere, probably Kentucky. The Smith brothers recently transferred back to Corbin HS Kentucky for their last year of HS. The brothers visited Kentucky twice last week. Also Nebraska mentions.

1690890888773.png

Kentucky hosts Jacob and Jerod Smith for another unofficial visit​

Adam Luckett•07/30/23•
comments
Article written by:
On3 image
Adam Luckett
https://twitter.com/adamluckettksr
)
Blue-chip recruiting buzz continues to build for Kentucky for a pair of Corbin (Ky.) High prospects. Jacob Smith and Jerod Smith have reportedly made another drive up I-75 to spend some time in the Joe Craft Football Training Facility.
KSR’s Matt Jones reports that the Smith twins made another trip to Lexington this weekend.

Jacob Smith (EDGE, 6-4, 230) is the No. 255 ranked prospect in the 2024 Industry Ranking and a top-20 player at his position. Jerod Smith (6-2, 255) is the No. 250 ranked prospect in the 2024 Industry Ranking and a top-30 player at his position. Jerod committed to Michigan on April 25, and Jacob followed his brother’s lead with a commitment to the Wolverines on July 13.
Despite the verbal commitments, Kentucky has momentum in this recruitment.

For the second time in seven days, Kentucky has gotten these two blue-chip prospects on campus and is pushing hard for a flip. Nebraska could also be another competitor to watch in these recruitments as the Huskers have hosted Jacob for an official visit and have gotten strong reviews from the EDGE prospects throughout the recruiting process.
Kentucky has some steam on the recruiting trail. Could the Wildcats land two more in-state blue-chippers to the class of 2024?

From 247

1690891450677.png

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
Michigan and Kentucky On 3 sites have lots of talk about the Smith Brother potentially de-committing from Michigan and committing elsewhere, probably Kentucky. The Smith brothers recently transferred back to Corbin HS Kentucky for their last year of HS. The brothers visited Kentucky twice last week. Also Nebraska mentions.

View attachment 25521

Adam Luckett•07/30/23•
comments
Article written by:
Tater Island image
Adam Luckett
)
Blue-chip recruiting buzz continues to build for Kentucky for a pair of Corbin (Ky.) High prospects. Jacob Smith and Jerod Smith have reportedly made another drive up I-75 to spend some time in the Joe Craft Football Training Facility.
KSR’s Matt Jones reports that the Smith twins made another trip to Lexington this weekend.

Jacob Smith (EDGE, 6-4, 230) is the No. 255 ranked prospect in the 2024 Industry Ranking and a top-20 player at his position. Jerod Smith (6-2, 255) is the No. 250 ranked prospect in the 2024 Industry Ranking and a top-30 player at his position. Jerod committed to Michigan on April 25, and Jacob followed his brother’s lead with a commitment to the Wolverines on July 13.

For the second time in seven days, Kentucky has gotten these two blue-chip prospects on campus and is pushing hard for a flip. Nebraska could also be another competitor to watch in these recruitments as the Huskers have hosted Jacob for an official visit and have gotten strong reviews from the EDGE prospects throughout the recruiting process.
Kentucky has some steam on the recruiting trail. Could the Wildcats land two more in-state blue-chippers to the class of 2024?

From 247

View attachment 25522
Do not want

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member

View attachment 25521

Adam Luckett•07/30/23•
comments
Article written by:
Tater Island image
Adam Luckett
)

From 247

View attachment 25522
@GBRfr was ahead of the curve on this one.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG

'This is the last one': Nebraska running back commit Kewan Lacy talks Ole Miss, final decision​

Zach Berry•about 1 hour
Article written by:
On3 image
Zach Berry
Zach_Berry
https://on3static.com/cdn-cgi/image/height=417,width=795,quality=90,fit=cover,gravity=0.5x0.5/uploads/dev/assets/cms/2023/06/25132235/Copy-of-Copy-of-Tater Island-Matt-Zenitz-don-meyer-leadership-41-1.png2024 RB Kewan Lacy from Lancaster (Texas)
Lancaster (Tex.) running back Kewan Lacy committed to Nebraska back in June. He had previously visited Ole Miss but it was just a quick unofficial visit. The three-star prospect got back to Oxford, Miss., last weekend. And this time it was in an official capacity.
“This is the last one,” Lacy said. “I feel like I owe it to myself to come back.”
Back in June, the 6-foot, 190 pound recruit chose the Cornhuskers over a Top 6 of Arizona State, Baylor, TCU, Miami and Ole Miss. Lacy says the decision was simple when he chose Nebraska and new coach Matt Rhule.
“it was the best fit for me at that time,” Lacy said. “My family loved it, I loved it. That program is building and they are bringing in a lot of new coaches and good people.”
In 11 games as a junior, he ran for 1,352 yards and 13 touchdowns. Lacy averaged 10 yards per carry and had six 100+ yard games for Lancaster High School. As a sophomore at Nolan Catholic (Tex.), he ran for close to 1,400 yards before transferring to Lancaster.
Lacy is the No. 453 overall prospect and No. 38 running back in the 2024 cycle, according to the Tater Island Consensus, a complete and equally weighted industry-generated average which utilizes all four major recruiting media companies. He is also the No. 78 player in Texas.

Kewan Lacy still has a great connection to the Ole Miss staff despite only visiting twice.​

“I have strong relationships with the running back coaches and a few others,” Lacy said. “It’s like family here. I’m going to do what’s best for me. Ole Miss is still one of my top schools. I’m looking to see how it is and for my family to experience it.”
Ole Miss hired back Kevin Smith as its running backs coach. Lacy is well-aware and has great respect for Smith and the work he’s done over the years.

“Coach (Kevin) Smith came from Miami to go over there so I’m just now getting to know all of the other coaches at Ole Miss,” Lacy said. “I like how they use their running backs. They talk about starting them young to which I like that.”
https://on3static.com/uploads/dev/assets/cms/2023/06/25132228/Copy-of-Copy-of-Tater Island-Matt-Zenitz-don-meyer-leadership-40-1-1024x538.pngNebraska lands 2024 RB Kewan Lacy

Some Ole Miss insiders say Kewan Lacy’s game right now reminds them of Quinshon Judkins‘ game when he was in high school.​

The 2024 prospect likes the sound of this projection.
“I can see some similarities,” Lacy said. “We’re both dogs on the field.”
Prior to heading into the newly-renovated Manning Center on campus at Ole Miss, Lacy told OMSpirit what it’s going to take for him to sign with someone.
“You want to ball on the field but you also look at the relationships.”

jickey moseph

Wide Receiver
Elite Member

'This is the last one': Nebraska running back commit Kewan Lacy talks Ole Miss, final decision​

Zach Berry•about 1 hour
Article written by:
Tater Island image
Zach Berry
Zach_Berry
2024 RB Kewan Lacy from Lancaster (Texas)
Lancaster (Tex.) running back Kewan Lacy committed to Nebraska back in June. He had previously visited Ole Miss but it was just a quick unofficial visit. The three-star prospect got back to Oxford, Miss., last weekend. And this time it was in an official capacity.
“This is the last one,” Lacy said. “I feel like I owe it to myself to come back.”
Back in June, the 6-foot, 190 pound recruit chose the Cornhuskers over a Top 6 of Arizona State, Baylor, TCU, Miami and Ole Miss. Lacy says the decision was simple when he chose Nebraska and new coach Matt Rhule.
“it was the best fit for me at that time,” Lacy said. “My family loved it, I loved it. That program is building and they are bringing in a lot of new coaches and good people.”
In 11 games as a junior, he ran for 1,352 yards and 13 touchdowns. Lacy averaged 10 yards per carry and had six 100+ yard games for Lancaster High School. As a sophomore at Nolan Catholic (Tex.), he ran for close to 1,400 yards before transferring to Lancaster.
Lacy is the No. 453 overall prospect and No. 38 running back in the 2024 cycle, according to the Tater Island Consensus, a complete and equally weighted industry-generated average which utilizes all four major recruiting media companies. He is also the No. 78 player in Texas.

Kewan Lacy still has a great connection to the Ole Miss staff despite only visiting twice.​

“I have strong relationships with the running back coaches and a few others,” Lacy said. “It’s like family here. I’m going to do what’s best for me. Ole Miss is still one of my top schools. I’m looking to see how it is and for my family to experience it.”
Ole Miss hired back Kevin Smith as its running backs coach. Lacy is well-aware and has great respect for Smith and the work he’s done over the years.

“Coach (Kevin) Smith came from Miami to go over there so I’m just now getting to know all of the other coaches at Ole Miss,” Lacy said. “I like how they use their running backs. They talk about starting them young to which I like that.”
Nebraska lands 2024 RB Kewan Lacy

Some Ole Miss insiders say Kewan Lacy’s game right now reminds them of Quinshon Judkins‘ game when he was in high school.​

Prior to heading into the newly-renovated Manning Center on campus at Ole Miss, Lacy told OMSpirit what it’s going to take for him to sign with someone.
This doesn't sound great.

RedSavage

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member

Zach Berry•about 1 hour
Article written by:
Tater Island image
Zach Berry
Zach_Berry

I think he's gonna be a good one. This wouldn't feel great to lose him

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds