Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

August recruiting thread (1 Viewer)

11husker23

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
I dont understand either. I really just think the deal is teams are wanting to see his senior film, or at least a few games. But he seems to be making excuses for it?
Doesn’t go to camp…plays basketball instead. Seemingly gets butt hurt about the amount of contact we have then doesn’t take an official? Are we holding him off? Seems to want a k-state offer. Super weird all things considered.

Herbie

Quarterback
Doesn’t go to camp…plays basketball instead. Seemingly gets butt hurt about the amount of contact we have then doesn’t take an official? Are we holding him off? Seems to want a k-state offer. Super weird all things considered.
I think Nebraska doesn’t want him but due to the university relationship with his dad it keeps him around. But all would be happy if he used nebraska to get an offer elsewhere.

Ultimately I think he walks on but nil pays his tuition.

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Sounds like the opposite of the guys Rhule has been wanting. Dudes that want to be N not keeping us as the safe back up option.
That’s what I thought too but it sounds like the kid still has a committable offer and the staff wants him.

🤷🏻‍♂️

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
View attachment 25926
Mongo with a masterclass of integrity here, using things Brix told him while "off the record"
Mongo is a dumbass, but how did Dean or Sip just tell the guy that off the record comments don’t go on the record.

Off the record, Dean, Sip, and Mongo lower the intelligence base line on all Nebraska media reporters. On the record, Abby and Robin are the better journalists on HOL.

Skerz4Life50

Cornerback
Elite Member
Not trying to defend Dean or any of his stooges, but I guess I am not sure what people are looking for? I get that he probably shouldn't have said something that may have been "off record", but at the same time, people are always bitching about not getting any good "insider" information or nugs. Maybe he could have worded his post differently (maybe just make some comment like I do not believe that is going to be any issue or factor into his decision-making going forward), but that seems to be the type of information people are always complaining about not getting. It isn't like Mongo has any inside ties to the actual program, so the only information he is really going to be able to give is in recruiting.

It also looks like it was posted in Tunnel Talk, which Dean has gone after people who have taken that info and shouted it out on social media.

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
Not trying to defend Dean or any of his stooges, but I guess I am not sure what people are looking for? I get that he probably shouldn't have said something that may have been "off record", but at the same time, people are always bitching about not getting any good "insider" information or nugs. Maybe he could have worded his post differently (maybe just make some comment like I do not believe that is going to be any issue or factor into his decision-making going forward), but that seems to be the type of information people are always complaining about not getting. It isn't like Mongo has any inside ties to the actual program, so the only information he is really going to be able to give is in recruiting.

It also looks like it was posted in Tunnel Talk, which Dean has gone after people who have taken that info and shouted it out on social media.
There is a fine line by printing ‘off the record’ comments and hinting at it.

‘Everyone thinks he is going to KSU because of his relation to his gf, but I can confirm that won’t be an issue.’

Versus

‘Off the record, Brix broke up with his gf and focusing on football.’

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds