Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

August recruiting thread (3 Viewers)

GBRfr

Linebacker
Elite Member
some poster from KC on RSS said he got kicked out of his last high school but would not get into specifics about what he did other than to say he's not the kind of kid we want. In other words, we don't know anything except that getting kicked out of school can't be good.
Do whatever we can to sign him.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG

Top247 lineman Grant Brix talks finalists ahead of decision​

2024 four-star offensive lineman Grant Brix gives his thoughts on his top schools​

MIKE SCHAEFER14 minsVIP1

Logan-Magnolia offensive lineman Grant Brix is one of the more sought after players still uncommitted in the 2024 class. However Brix doesn’t plan to stay uncommitted for very long. The near 6-foot-6, 290-pound offensive lineman is looking to make a decision before Logan-Magnolia kicks off its season. The recruit is hoping to have a decision within the next two weeks.

Brix isn’t planning on announcing it at a ceremony or doing a video stream or even through Twitter. The lineman said he might just reach out to coaches and go from there.

While Brix isn’t sure how he’ll announce a commitment, he is feeling good about his four finalists. Here are the Top247 lineman’s thoughts on the schools he’s considering:

Alabama — “Alabama pretty much speaks for itself. It was crazy to be there. It’s something I didn’t expect.”

Kansas State — “They came off a 10-win season. I think in the 247 rankings they got the No. 8 quarterback (2023 Avery Johnson) and the line is always top notch. The coaches there develop really well. They’re already on-top and going to keep climbing.”

Nebraska — “Nebraska is just going to shoot up and up. It’s crazy to me how the team is going to look totally different next year. Coach Matt Rhule went in and has changed the whole culture. He’s instilling really good things there. He’s told me there’s a big difference from spring ball to the fall camp. I can believe it because of that coaching staff. I can feel the difference.”

Oklahoma — “Coach (Bill) Bedenbaugh has been there 11 seasons. He’s put a ton of guys in the NFL. Coach (Jerry) Schmidt is the strength coach and he was actually part of the Nebraska strength coach program where they were really pioneering it. He’s been in it for like 35 years I believe. He’s been at Oklahoma a long time and has put a lot of guys in the NFL.”

Brix is a four-star recruit as rated by 247Sports and 247Sports Composite. The lineman holds more than 20 offers at this time and has taken official visits to all four of the above schools. Brix is also inside the Top247 for both 247Sports and 247Sports Composite, and is the No. 1 player in Cockeye on both lists.

Dear_Leader

Defensive Lineman

Top247 lineman Grant Brix talks finalists ahead of decision​

2024 four-star offensive lineman Grant Brix gives his thoughts on his top schools​

MIKE SCHAEFER14 minsVIP1

Logan-Magnolia offensive lineman Grant Brix is one of the more sought after players still uncommitted in the 2024 class. However Brix doesn’t plan to stay uncommitted for very long. The near 6-foot-6, 290-pound offensive lineman is looking to make a decision before Logan-Magnolia kicks off its season. The recruit is hoping to have a decision within the next two weeks.

Brix isn’t planning on announcing it at a ceremony or doing a video stream or even through Twitter. The lineman said he might just reach out to coaches and go from there.

While Brix isn’t sure how he’ll announce a commitment, he is feeling good about his four finalists. Here are the Top247 lineman’s thoughts on the schools he’s considering:

Alabama — “Alabama pretty much speaks for itself. It was crazy to be there. It’s something I didn’t expect.”

Kansas State — “They came off a 10-win season. I think in the 247 rankings they got the No. 8 quarterback (2023 Avery Johnson) and the line is always top notch. The coaches there develop really well. They’re already on-top and going to keep climbing.”

Nebraska — “Nebraska is just going to shoot up and up. It’s crazy to me how the team is going to look totally different next year. Coach Matt Rhule went in and has changed the whole culture. He’s instilling really good things there. He’s told me there’s a big difference from spring ball to the fall camp. I can believe it because of that coaching staff. I can feel the difference.”

Oklahoma — “Coach (Bill) Bedenbaugh has been there 11 seasons. He’s put a ton of guys in the NFL. Coach (Jerry) Schmidt is the strength coach and he was actually part of the Nebraska strength coach program where they were really pioneering it. He’s been in it for like 35 years I believe. He’s been at Oklahoma a long time and has put a lot of guys in the NFL.”

Brix is a four-star recruit as rated by 247Sports and 247Sports Composite. The lineman holds more than 20 offers at this time and has taken official visits to all four of the above schools. Brix is also inside the Top247 for both 247Sports and 247Sports Composite, and is the No. 1 player in Cockeye on both lists.
talks about OU still mentions N

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
talks about OU still mentions N
inspired war GIF

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
a couple Sooner recruiting updates that could be good for Nebraska. OU has apparently gone back to recruiting an IOL they "cooled" on previously and it sounds like they are stealing him away from UCF. (Possible positive for Brix?)

They also look to be on the verge of flipping Nate Roberts, the Oklahoma TE c/o 2025 committed to ND (who we also offered). This might help with the Loftin recruitment, as OU is pursuing him.

OU Making a Comeback for Florida Offensive Lineman

While Nwaneri is a name that Oklahoma recruiting fans have been focused on for over a year now, a name that once shared similar territory is Tampa (Fla.) Catholic offensive guard Eddy Pierre-Louis. But over the summer it seemed the Sooners had fallen behind and, in some minds, fallen out of his recruitment.
And a big part of that dwindling hope for Pierre-Louis was Big 12 entrant UCF making a big impression on the prospect from across I4. In fact a decision seemed imminent at a few points this summer
However, Bill Bedenbaugh never gave up on a player who has called the Sooners his ‘dream school’ at various points in his recruitment.
And now, according to some sources – as well as Tater Island’s Chad Simmons, the Sooners seem to be in good shape. In fact according to one source it feels as if the Golden Knights are no longer Oklahoma’s primary combatant. The Oregon Ducks have caught the eye of Pierre-Louis but most see to think the Sooners are, again, in the ascendency.
There’s no clear timeline for a decision from Pierre-Louis but he’s once again a player that Oklahoma fans need to be watching.

Sooners Ready for Another In-State Win

A few weeks ago when Washington, Okla. tight end, and Notre Dame commitment, Nate Roberts was seen working out with Sooners commits Kevin Sperry and Elijah Thomas questions immediately arose.
“Is Oklahoma ready to make a run at the Irish pledge?”
“Is he still interested in the Sooners?”

In speaking with a few sources it’s clear that Oklahoma had, not surprisingly, never given up on Roberts and their pursuit of him. And after talking to some other sources it seems that there’s some cause for optimism.
As such I’m putting in a prediction I really didn’t expect to make, a flip for the Sooners to reel in Roberts.
The reasoning is Oklahoma continuing to work on the nearby talent, developing their relationship, and the clear need Oklahoma has at the position going forward. It’s more solid work from Joe Jon Finley after landing elite 2024 tight end Davon Mitchell last month.

11husker23

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
That's some Uncle Rico, if coach would have played me we would have won state type shit.

"Coach wanted me to play varsity but I said, nah, those older kids need to play first. In fact, he wanted me to play variety when I was 6. I just didn't wanna take someone's spot."
I don’t understand this kids recruiting. What is going on?

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds