Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Assistant corch* salaries (1 Viewer)

David Webb

JCTJB
Elite Member
We're bottom of the FBS barrel on offense, so our complaints about Satt aren't similar to Alabama fans complaining about their OC.
That right there tells me you are not a critical thinker and only see what is right in front of your face.

Herbie

Graduate Assistant
I’m of the opinion that 90% of the major programs bitch about their coordinators and want them fired. Hell, Alabama fans wanted O’Brien out last year when they went 11-2. They scored 49 and 31 points in their two losses.

Do you I think he’s doing a great job, no. Do I think it’s difficult to judge his performance when he is working with the current QB situation, missing 3 wide receivers, 2 running backs and the mess of an o-line he inherited, yes.

He may end up being Cosgrove, but he could also end up being McBride. I think he deserves more than just this year to give us an idea.
What’s his excuses for his other seasons as an OC?
2022 - 72nd total O, 38th scoring O
2021 - 110th total O, 104th scoring O
2015 - 96th total O, 100th scoring O
2014 - 120th total O, 100th scoring O
2013 - 75th total O, 89th scoring O

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
What’s his excuses for his other seasons as an OC?
Too bad the BIG west is going bye bye. He is a great fit as an OC for the division.

Irv

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Dino babers getting shit canned today.

OC/TE - Casey Woods - 1.2 mil
RB/Run game coordinator - Dino Babers- 950k
WR - Mickey Joseph - 650k
OL - John Garrison - 600k
QB/pass game coordinator - Jake Peetz - 700k (rams suck and qbs suck, take advantage of the situation and give him a temp home)

Gets you right around 7 mil then tell Turd you need some more for defense to retain staff
Thank God we've already reached the "fire the entire offensive staff and bring back anyone with Nebraska on their resume" stage of Rhule's tenure. I was afraid it might take until year 2.

SolichFan1987

Linebacker
Elite Member
I truly don’t care what they are paid. I care a lot that Rhule picked Marcus Satterfield to be his OC. Literally nothing in his career suggested he would be successful here. Satterfields offenses have been objectively bad for several years.

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Do we not think Chubba looked pretty well prepared after a grand total of one week practicing with the 1's?
Says a lot about Chubba considering the other QBs look shittier the more prep they get.

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
That right there tells me you are not a critical thinker and only see what is right in front of your face.
doctor who potato GIF

Chi7397

Cornerback
Elite Member
if you asked every P5 coach to take $1.4 million and go hire the best OC they can find, how many would have selected Satterfield? I'm guessing 1

Familiarity still doesn’t make it a buddy hire - from a resume perspective, Satterfield is qualified if disappointing to date

Chi7397

Cornerback
Elite Member
He’s about to get shit canned

Yes I understand, that’s still asking him to take a huge step back from his recent experience - if SF resurfaces, he’s going to be an OC not a WR coach

Chi7397

Cornerback
Elite Member
2023 - 115th total O, 121st scoring O

So tell me again, what makes him qualified?

his most redeeming quality is his brother

He’s been a Power 5 coordinator - from a resume perspective, it’s not a buddy hire even if you hate him.

Chi7397

Cornerback
Elite Member
As qualified as Cosgrove was. Both sucked at other power 5 jobs and both suck(ed) at Nebraska. Cosgrove was Billy C’s shitty buddy hire and I don’t see Satterfield being any different with Rhule.

Yeah let’s make that decision less than a season in with 2 QBs injured, 2 top RBs injured, however many receivers injured, however many OLs injured on a team that was devoid of playmakers in the first place.

Clearly Rhule will not adjust anything at all and will fail based on this totally reasonable sample size and circumstance.

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
He’s been a Power 5 coordinator - from a resume perspective, it’s not a buddy hire even if you hate him.
If P5 coaching experience is the only thing you’re looking at then any P5 OC is qualified but that’d be a stupid way to evaluate a potential hire.

Irv

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Says a lot about Chubba considering the other QBs look shittier the more prep they get.
We don’t think Chubba looked significantly better than last year?

I get a lot of the bitching about Satterfield, but the guy he was working with for 8 starts isn’t really a quarterback and no one thought he was. He had Purdy ready to go yesterday.

If he’s going to take the blame for Haarberg sucking, he should also get some credit for getting Purdy looking pretty damn good on a week’s notice.

Stan Raymond

Cornerback
*had 7 million to play with*

OC - Marcus Satterfield - 1.4 million
OL - Donovan Raiola - 325k
RB - EJ Barthel - 285K
WR - Garrett McGuire - 285k
TE - Josh Martin - 125k(drunk made over 300k)
Offense - $2,420,000

DC - Tony White - 1 million
DB - Evan Cooper - 670k
DL - Terrance Knighton - 400k
LB - Rob Dvoracek - 285k
Defense - $2,360,000

ST Ed Foley - 550k

———
5.53million of 7million spent and most defensive coaches need a raise.

What is the point of negotiating for a large assistant pool if you aren’t even going to use it? Nobody give two flying fucks if you save the team money by not using it all.
Gives him room to give raises and hire new people/move people around. Wouldn't be good to be maxed out and then you can't give the defensive coaches a raise when they deserve it.

Stan Raymond

Cornerback
I think the defense is mostly about the DC. The rest are replaceable unless some of them end up being a super recruiter.
I sure don't, I think all 3 defensive assistants have done a great job. Not only do the individual players look improved, but the coordination between all 3 and with the DC has been great, they have all 4 worked well with each other.

EwokRhuler

Cornerback
*had 7 million to play with*

OC - Marcus Satterfield - 1.4 million
OL - Donovan Raiola - 325k
RB - EJ Barthel - 285K
WR - Garrett McGuire - 285k
TE - Josh Martin - 125k(drunk made over 300k)
Offense - $2,420,000

DC - Tony White - 1 million
DB - Evan Cooper - 670k
DL - Terrance Knighton - 400k
LB - Rob Dvoracek - 285k
Defense - $2,360,000

ST Ed Foley - 550k

———
5.53million of 7million spent and most defensive coaches need a raise.

What is the point of negotiating for a large assistant pool if you aren’t even going to use it? Nobody give two flying fucks if you save the team money by not using it all.
550k for special teams?

Hoo fuckin boy...you wanna talk about a cushy job?

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds