Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

And so it begins...(tracking Coach Prime decommits/transfers) (35 Viewers)

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
Can’t believe you all are falling for the exact same play The Simulation™ implemented last year. Are we really this naive?
Fox Tv GIF by Bless the Harts

ShortSideOption

Linebacker
Insider
I wonder if those $$ men at CU are wising up to the fact that Deion is gone on 1/1/25. Deion's basically telegraphing his intention to leave after this year (he doesn't say it, but his actions do).

If I was a money man at CU I wouldn't want to pay for players in this situation. It's all gonna get torn down on 1/1/25 anyway and they'll need more $$$ to rebuild. Might as well save it this fall and hope Deion's skill guys eke out a 6-6 and a bowl game. Then you rebuild after everyone leaves.
I have always thought he was just doing what he could to get his kids the best possible draft position and he'd take off. But I didn't think he would actually leave on 1/1/25 like you are saying, just was always forward thinking that that could happen. He does that and Boulder will be just a pile of ashes and the administration should all be fired that hired him.

ShortSideOption

Linebacker
Insider
He most definitely does not. Prime runs a carnival, not a football program. Lewis was demoted, and not even allowed to have any input during meetings, practices, or games. Then the CU offense got worse, not better. Being the egomaniac that he is, Prime got pissed when he heard Lewis was being interviewed for HC positions. The guy is a world-renown narcissist.
I talked to a parent of a kid who took a visit to Boulder last spring and he said it was complete circus. No organization, and then big timing everyone including the recruit that came out there.

It's just not sustainable. After this year even if he stays the roster will turn over again with his QB son gone.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I have always thought he was just doing what he could to get his kids the best possible draft position and he'd take off. But I didn't think he would actually leave on 1/1/25 like you are saying, just was always forward thinking that that could happen. He does that and Boulder will be just a pile of ashes and the administration should all be fired that hired him.
My guess that they'll get a PR firm to create some Urban Meyer/UF messaging where he has to step away for health reasons. CU will try to save face after he dumps them after 2 yrs.

CU admin has to know this is coming IMO. But they may be in denial and just hoping for a 7-5 or 8-4. If they get that he might have enough momentum to come back for a 3rd season.

Deion doesn't appear to actually enjoy the day to day of being a CFB coach. IDK why he'd want to keep doing it. He's got to be smart enough to know he's up a creek at CU vs other NIL schools.

Cornicator

Cornerback
Insider
I talked to a parent of a kid who took a visit to Boulder last spring and he said it was complete circus. No organization, and then big timing everyone including the recruit that came out there.

It's just not sustainable. After this year even if he stays the roster will turn over again with his QB son gone.

Carter Nelson was there with all his coaches last year. They were all stunned by how Deion refers to himself as Prime. We all knew he was Prime, but I'm not sure everyone understood how its communicated. He doesn't say "I", he says "Prime." For instance:

"Carter, Prime and the staff think you can be a weapon. Prime loves your size and hands. Prime believes your hands are underrated and you will will make Prime happy."

This info is second hand, but when that group left the room with a support staff member for Colorado, they all burst out laughing and the support staff member was dying but saying stuff like, "Stop guys, you're going to get me in trouble."

kctitans

Defensive Lineman
Carter Nelson was there with all his coaches last year. They were all stunned by how Deion refers to himself as Prime. We all knew he was Prime, but I'm not sure everyone understood how its communicated. He doesn't say "I", he says "Prime." For instance:

"Carter, Prime and the staff think you can be a weapon. Prime loves your size and hands. Prime believes your hands are underrated and you will will make Prime happy."

This info is second hand, but when that group left the room with a support staff member for Colorado, they all burst out laughing and the support staff member was dying but saying stuff like, "Stop guys, you're going to get me in trouble."
Prime likes his Kung Pao spicy

HuskerGarrett

If we die, we die
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG

Prime likes his chicken spicy.

ShortSideOption

Linebacker
Insider

I just think his delusion is something that should be studied. Again, that's the kind of stuff you almost need as a player. But as a head coach of a Power 5 team it's ridiculous. It's like how they manufacture motivation against people. And it rubs off on his players who become delusional. His son was saying he didn't see a difference between P5 FBS football and the HBCU conference he came from.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds