Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

And so it begins...(tracking Coach Prime decommits/transfers)

Colorado

Cons
  • The majority of their returning production on offense is Shadildo and Hunter
  • Their returning production on defense is ranked in the top-15 and they were putrid last year
  • Their OL will be bad
  • HC is a deteriorating POS
  • They play in Lincoln
Pros
  • They had a lot of non-contributors transfer out with the exception of some young, highly ranked freshman. Primarily offense.
  • Colorado added some production and experience this offseason, a handful are proven P5 contributors. They added quite a bit of young talent that saw the field as FR & RSFR.
  • Their DL will be improved
  • They'll have better playmakers at WR
  • They'll be deeper on defense
  • They still have Shadildo & Hunter
Nebraska

Cons
  • TrFR QB
  • LB depth is unknown
  • DB room lost major production from last season, young
  • Kicker can't kick
Pros
  • Greatest TrFR QB of all time
  • Offense has better playmakers at WR
  • OL is deep, big and will fuck
  • DL is deep, big and will fuck
  • Turnovers can't get worse (please Jesus)
  • HC fucks
  • DB coach is one of the best in the business
  • Our defense fucks
  • We play in Lincoln

Colorado

Cons
  • Their returning production on defense is ranked in the top-15 and they were putrid last year
  • Their OL will be bad
  • They play in Lincoln
Pros
  • They had a lot of non-contributors transfer out with the exception of some young, highly ranked freshman. Primarily offense.
  • Colorado added some production and experience this offseason, a handful are proven P5 contributors. They added quite a bit of young talent that saw the field as FR & RSFR.
Nebraska

Cons
  • TrFR QB
  • LB depth is unknown
  • Kicker can't kick
Pros
  • HC fucks
  • Our defense fucks
  • We play in Lincoln
That’s a lot of fuckin

That’s a lot of fuckin
Gq69pc.gif

3. CU is also shifting to the 4-2-5. That's not a bad move for the Big 12, but the scheme is naturally leaky against the run.

Generally I'd agree with that, but this season CU plays most of the run heavy Big 12 schools: Utah, Kansas St , Kansas, Arizona and Oklahoma St. Those teams will run on Colorado all day long.

As other have pointed out, what continuity are you talking about?

They return three starters from last years offense. On top of that, their offense is replacing OC Sean Lewis with Pat Shurmur (a notoriously bad NFL OC), and O'Boyle is out as their OL Coach and is being replaced by Phil Loadholt (first year as a position coach). In additon to a few other offensive coaching changes, they also will be breaking in a first year DC, who also has zero years of experience coaching in college.

Colorado lost their best WR to the NFL, lost their best RBs and are completely replacing their OL with a true freshman LT, a LG who was third-team all FCS, a center who did start two games for them last year (not a compliment), UTEP's starting RG, and Indiana's RT last year (best OL IMO). Their first year OL coach is going to be asked to be a miracle worker...
I think their OL has better talent this year than last. I also don’t see much drop off in their WRs. They got a pretty good transfer WR. However, I agree that the coaching will not be good. Although I think that’s gonna show up a little later in the year when teams know what their running along with their lack of depth.

I enjoy the discussion, I will respond from the bottom up:

1. NDSU isn't the same juggernaut, but their 2024 defense should be as good as its been the last 5 years. They have future pros at all 3 levels, and I would argue at least 4 dudes in their front 7 would start for Colorado.

2. I wouldn't claim CU is "better at every position," but they are more than likely improved in two key areas; Pass PRO and generating a pass rush. I don't believe they will be able to run the ball any better any early reports from their Fall camp suggest their DC is not happy with their run defense. I'm not a fan of PFF, but if you look at the grades of their incoming linemen on both sides of the ball, they are better protecting a passer and getting to the passer, but awful at run blocking or stopping the run. The Defensive Tackle transfer from Houston was considered the worst interior defensive linemen vs. the run in the Big 12. And when you see him, it makes sense. The dude is 5'11 290.

3. CU is also shifting to the 4-2-5. That's not a bad move for the Big 12, but the scheme is naturally leaky against the run.

4. As for my thoughts about CU vs. NDSU, All Spring and Summer, I was thinking the Buffs would win that one easily, but at this point, I can't escape the feeling that CU is dealing with a shit ton of distractions while trying to insert a new offense and defense with an OC that hasn't coached in the college game for nearly 30 years and a DC that's never been a DC ever.

Gun to my head?

I think that game goes 4 quarters and CU has to fight all game long. I believe they will win, but there will be moments where the ESPN cameras pick up shots of CU players acting like they're on a Netflix show.
Shumur took the OC reigns from Lewis toward the middle of the year last year

I think their OL has better talent this year than last. I also don’t see much drop off in their WRs. They got a pretty good transfer WR. However, I agree that the coaching will not be good. Although I think that’s gonna show up a little later in the year when teams know what their running along with their lack of depth.
They lost their #1 WR to the NFL...replacing that isn't as easy as it sounds. Weaver is a big loss for them.

Also, I have it on good authority that the defense is praying that Travis Hunter is playing both ways - they are going to make it a VERY long night for him. Hunter and Sanders haven't done themselves any favors and have put pretty big targets on their backs for this season.

Shumur took the OC reigns from Lewis toward the middle of the year last year

Lewis was demoted the first week of November. And Shurmur is on record saying he didn't really change much schematically. He's made wholesale changes going into 2024.

And anyone who thinks Pat Shurmur is an upgrade over Lewis is either a Colorado fan or functionally retarded.

And anyone who thinks Pat Shurmur is an upgrade over Lewis is either a Colorado fan or functionally retarded.

Colorado fans are just a subset of the functionally retarded.

Loved how Shurmur said he was going to make running the ball a priority and all 4 returning RBs transferred out. Real confidence booster there.

Shurmur also said they were going to use the TE more, their transfer TE from Cincinnati left after Spring practice, only took 1 semester for him to see what it is.

Last edited:

Loved how Shurmur said he was going to make running the ball a priority and all 4 returning RBs transferred out. Real confidence booster there.

Shurmur also said they were going to use the TE more, their transfer TE from Cincinnati left after Spring practice, only took 1 semester for him to see what it is.
It's the Shadildo and Hunter show. Thats what it's been about from the start. Was and will never be about anything else.

And isn't a walk-on the favorite to win the starting RB job over the OSU scrub transfer?

And isn't a walk-on the favorite to win the starting RB job over the OSU scrub transfer?
A walkon, Offerdahl, is the current RB1, but what else could they do it was him or the true Freshman as that was all that was on the roster during the Spring. Can't name someone the starter when they aren't even there yet.

The tOSU 4th stringer and the Arkansas journeyman didn't get there until this summer. I expect that Hayden from tOSU will be the starter.

LOL at this:

"The more days we stack like this, I don't see nothing less than the College Football Playoff," Seaton told Reach The People Media. "That's what I see. But we got to stack days like this. It can't be just talk."

LINK

The only people that actually believe that are the same ones that think Shurmur is an upgrade like Cornicator stated. A true Freshman has no idea what it takes to get to the college football playoff.

Colorado

Cons
  • Their OL will be bad
  • They play in Lincoln
Pros
Nebraska

Cons
  • TrFR QB
  • LB depth is unknown
  • Kicker can't kick
Pros
  • HC fucks
  • Our defense fucks
  • We play in Lincoln
It’s good to see an objective breakdown of the two teams. Thanks for posting.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back