Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

And so it begins...(tracking Coach Prime decommits/transfers)

I enjoyed your blog about the CU Spring game. We are already less than a month away from the North Dakota State @ CU opener, and while I agree with you that CU is going to create some matchup problems on the edge, that game is going to really test CU's offensive line.

NDSU, while not the dominant dynasty of the past, should have their best defense of the last 3 to 4 seasons. They return 9 starters, including 4 Preseason All-Americans.

Jordan Seaton is going to be matched up with 24 year-old Dylan Hendricks, a dude who had 7 sacks and 13 TFL for last season.

While NDSU is returning a good and experienced defense, their offense only has 3 returning starters, both tackles and Mason Miller, a very good QB.

That game is going to answer a couple of questions:

1. Can the CU offensive line protect against a good defensive front 7 that loves to generate pressure?
2. While CU's pass rush should be good, can they get effective pressure off the edge against two experienced and massive offensive tackles?
I was curious how NDSU was going to be this year. Would love for them to struggle game 1 and just be in the shitter for our game. I want them to fail miserably.

I was curious how NDSU was going to be this year. Would love for them to struggle game 1 and just be in the shitter for our game. I want them to fail miserably.
This would be good but also remember last year. CU could not have been flying any higher than they were after beating TCU...and yet they still were very mediocre in 1st half vs NU. If NU had even a C+ level QB, they'd have been up 17 pts going into halftime.

So frankly it doesn't matter if CU is up or down when they face us. If we're the better team it won't matter. If we are actually even in quality then it would I suppose.

But CU had a huge road win PLUS their biggest, best home crowd ever vs NU last yr and they basically laid an egg in the first half.

How I Met Your Mother Barney GIF by Laff

This would be good but also remember last year. CU could not have been flying any higher than they were after beating TCU...and yet they still were very mediocre in 1st half vs NU. If NU had even a C+ level QB, they'd have been up 17 pts going into halftime.

So frankly it doesn't matter if CU is up or down when they face us. If we're the better team it won't matter. If we are actually even in quality then it would I suppose.

But CU had a huge road win PLUS their biggest, best home crowd ever vs NU last yr and they basically laid an egg in the first half.
We also were coming off of a disappointing road loss and had our second away game in a row

I had a dream/nightmare last night about this game. First play of the game, Shaduer took a shot deep. Buford played it perfectly, but the ball went straight through his hands and they ended up housing it for 75 yards. Then we turned it over and they got up 14-0 in under 3 minutes. After watching episode 5 of Chasing 3 I was sky-high on this team. But that dream has me rattled now...

I had a dream/nightmare last night about this game. First play of the game, Shaduer took a shot deep. Buford played it perfectly, but the ball went straight through his hands and they ended up housing it for 75 yards. Then we turned it over and they got up 14-0 in under 3 minutes. After watching episode 5 of Chasing 3 I was sky-high on this team. But that dream has me rattled now...
Everyone that post here is unwell aren't we?

Please universe, save us.

giphy.gif

To be fair, I would be willing to bet a good chunk of coin that CU's first offensive play of the game will be a vertical shot.

The Simulation™ has sent this man vision. You are the chosen mediator now. Tell of all the horrors you see, less we be forsaken.

To be fair, I would be willing to bet a good chunk of coin that CU's first offensive play of the game will be a vertical shot.
Probably a good guess. Thankfully if we are thinking this, then Tony White knows it.

If they're smart though, they'd burn a play just to get their own team settled down vs the raucous crowd. Burning a play would be a HB dive for 1 yd or a screen pass for 1 yd.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back