Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

And so it begins...(tracking Coach Prime decommits/transfers) (21 Viewers)

Stan Raymond

Cornerback
I believe they have 4 really good transfers who should impact them positively, and the rest of their newcomers are average players or even borderline scrap heap guys:

1. Sheppard from Vanderbilt - This kid could start damn near anywhere in the country. When added to Hunter and Horn, CU has 3 very elite pass catchers for Shadeur.

2. Hayes from Pitt and Green from ASU- These dudes are legit edge rushers who will give their pass rush some credibility.

3. Benson out of Indiana is a solid Power 5 offensive tackle. He will be a nice upgrade over what they had last season.

CU has some serious depth issues in their secondary. I question how much time Hunter can spend playing both ways. Shilo will be out vs. the Huskers. The Buffs will only have 3 trusted corners and 2 safeties who have any experience when they come to Lincoln. You would think Deion would've made his defensive backfield a major priority since he was a former DB.

When an FBS football team is under their scholarship limit, its going to impact the DBs and Offensive Line the most. Those are spots where you need a shit ton of scholarship players. And they are two spots where CU is really lacking.
Sheppard and Green were very good pickups for them, hated to see that.

But so many of their transfers are just scraps from other teams, be surprised if they do much better than who they replace. Sanders acts like he's only bringing in studs but doesn't address that over 60% of these so called dawgs that he brought in last year left in the portal this year. His hit rate has not been good.

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
That comes back to the question of how is that timed. I've never put much stock in it because I assumed it was total time from snap to throw. If it's time from snap to pressure then it's a lot more meaningful.

If you look at pressure per drop back we were 98/324 vs 110/405. So .302 vs .272.

Not all pressures are the same so that's not a definite.

Sacks were worse too. 17/324 vs 13/405
Does PFF not define these terms? I'd be curious to know.

What I'm seeing in the charts is better than average OL play which is not what most people would say about our OL last year.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I think you also have to remember he’s promising everything to get kids there, whether it be NIL, playing time, etc. That gets the lockerroom toxic in a hurry when losses start happening or you aren’t a starter even though he said you would be.
Reason #223 why it's great to see Colorado on your schedule for November

Dawgsauce

Cornerback
Elite Member
Sheppard and Green were very good pickups for them, hated to see that.

But so many of their transfers are just scraps from other teams, be surprised if they do much better than who they replace. Sanders acts like he's only bringing in studs but doesn't address that over 60% of these so called dawgs that he brought in last year left in the portal this year. His hit rate has not been good.
Can confirm no Dawgs on that team.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
PFF needs to get their shit together
Found it.

Time-to-throw data: A quarterback's time to throw measures the time, in seconds, from the snap to one of three outcomes: the quarterback releases the ball on a pass attempt, is under the control of a defender on a sack or passes the line of scrimmage on a scramble.

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Found it.

Time-to-throw data: A quarterback's time to throw measures the time, in seconds, from the snap to one of three outcomes: the quarterback releases the ball on a pass attempt, is under the control of a defender on a sack or passes the line of scrimmage on a scramble.
Nice. So less time with the ball in-hand but again, compared to the rest of CFB, certainly more than the average QB.

It will be interesting to see once we start throwing the ball more than 150 times a season.

Steveweiser316

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I believe they have 4 really good transfers who should impact them positively, and the rest of their newcomers are average players or even borderline scrap heap guys:

1. Sheppard from Vanderbilt - This kid could start damn near anywhere in the country. When added to Hunter and Horn, CU has 3 very elite pass catchers for Shadeur.

2. Hayes from Pitt and Green from ASU- These dudes are legit edge rushers who will give their pass rush some credibility.

3. Benson out of Indiana is a solid Power 5 offensive tackle. He will be a nice upgrade over what they had last season.

CU has some serious depth issues in their secondary. I question how much time Hunter can spend playing both ways. Shilo will be out vs. the Huskers. The Buffs will only have 3 trusted corners and 2 safeties who have any experience when they come to Lincoln. You would think Deion would've made his defensive backfield a major priority since he was a former DB.

When an FBS football team is under their scholarship limit, its going to impact the DBs and Offensive Line the most. Those are spots where you need a shit ton of scholarship players. And they are two spots where CU is really lacking.
Where did you see the Shilo information? I know there was something going around that he had hurt his shoulder but I believe that was debunked. And on paper CU looks like they’ll have either the same record as last year or maybe even worse. But I only care how they look/play against us and last year we got beat.

Cornicator

Cornerback
Insider
Where did you see the Shilo information? I know there was something going around that he had hurt his shoulder but I believe that was debunked. And on paper CU looks like they’ll have either the same record as last year or maybe even worse. But I only care how they look/play against us and last year we got beat.

Thanks. I didnt know that Shilo story was fake news.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds