Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

And so it begins...(tracking Coach Prime decommits/transfers) (53 Viewers)

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Colorado isn’ta team you want to play while they’re confident. You want to play Colorado when they’re facing adversity and starting to turn on each other.
I thought about that too, but remember last year. CU's confidence was sky high when we played them in week 2 and I'm convinced we would have won that game if we had even a C+ level offense (our offense that day was an F-). And that was at home in front of probably the most jacked up crowd in school history.

I actually think if they get spooked a bit by NDSU but still win they might approach the next week with some humility and actually prepare well. If they get out 35-0 in front vs NDSU it's gonna be Hollywood Prime all week. Which means distractions galore for them (while we're getting no run in the lead up).

****BTW this is not considering a CU loss to NDSU. If they actually lose to NDSU then that obviously is the best result for us. In-fighting galore in Boulder all week. I'm just thinking that's not likely enough to even mention it (unfortunately, bc it'd be hilarious to watch)

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider

Our OL and DBs are going to #challenged.

One of the other articles said he doused her with bleach first.
Screenshot_20240422-000917_Chrome.jpg

Stan Raymond

Cornerback
They've picked up a couple of nice transfers. I like the Ohio kid, the others I'm not as impressed with. But it is odd timing, Spring is usually more about kids that got beat out, not kids looking to move up after a good season.

Cornicator

Cornerback
Insider
They've picked up a couple of nice transfers. I like the Ohio kid, the others I'm not as impressed with. But it is odd timing, Spring is usually more about kids that got beat out, not kids looking to move up after a good season.

Dayon Hayes is the only viable transfer on that list. The rest are marginal players.

I will go back to my post from last week. CU is going to have some quality pass rushers. They will provide a solid pass protection test early for Nebraska.

BorWhiskey

Ziggy Stardust
Insider
Elite Member
Buell “totaled 39 tackles and 6.5 sacks” = not impressive sophomore year enough to tout those stats alone.

Kirkland a “former Texas OL” without highlighting his ratings coming out of HS = he was a reach for them and pushed him into the portal.

* I didn’t bother fact checking myself but it’s how I translate the tweets.

Cornicator

Cornerback
Insider
Buell “totaled 39 tackles and 6.5 sacks” = not impressive sophomore year enough to tout those stats alone.

Kirkland a “former Texas OL” without highlighting his ratings coming out of HS = he was a reach for them and pushed him into the portal.

Kirkland is basically Jacob Hood 2.0.

Buell would be a 3rd stringer at Nebraska.

Scarlet ObsessioN

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Haven't we heard that Hood has actually worked on changing his body and is providing legitimate depth this year?
Sure but does Colorado have the facilities in recovery that Nebraska does? As good of nutrition and S&C?

He apparently had chronic ankle issues but if there is a place that he can get right it sounds like Nebraska is the place.

It's refreshing and massive that Rhule has flipped the mindset around Nebraska. It's no longer, Nebraska can't succeed because of this.... It's Nebraska is elite at these things and we should be thankful to be here.

HCFord1

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Haven't we heard that Hood has actually worked on changing his body and is providing legitimate depth this year?
Yeah, but he's entering his second season and after a great deal of work is now "providing depth".

ShortSideOption

Linebacker
Insider
I’d be concerned if we saw him playing at the RT spot. Knaak has the upper hand on him, he’s at best 3rd string. But to your point you are making (I think), they are at least talking about whether he can help or not where last year he wasn’t even an option.

SOHusker11

Cornerback
Elite Member
Is that all Kirkland photos in his commit tweet??? Dude on the top right looks like a 45 year old dude.

Think that's OL coach Loadholt.

Found this part of his wiki bio pretty interesting. Just what you want in a coach.

2009 NFL Draftedit

Loadholt was regarded as one of the better offensive tackles in the 2009 NFL Draft.[8] Although his size and athletic ability were never in doubt, scouts questioned his poor aggressiveness and technique.[9]

Last edited:

skerfan

Cornerback
Elite Member
Interesting how Coach bigmouth gives speeches to his players about having no tolerance for them mistreating women then hires Sapp and takes a transfer that poured bleach on his baby momma then pushed and held her against a wall. I wonder when the national media that was so in love with him last year calls him out on that crap. This idiot gets to be a bigger piece of shit every single day.

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider

The same as their coaches. They're trading in their Louis for Samsonites.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds