Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

And so it begins...(tracking Coach Prime decommits/transfers)

LOL, favorite quote. "Colorado is just to shitty in the trenches", "So bad" "and just to shitty defensively, and don't know how they overcome the size and strength advantages that Nebraska will have on the lines of scrimmage"

I agree with them.

LOL, favorite quote. "Colorado is just to shitty in the trenches", "So bad" "and just to shitty defensively, and don't know how they overcome the size and strength advantages that Nebraska will have on the lines of scrimmage"

I agree with them.

The odd thing is I listened to like 3-4 of these yesterday and they all said the same things. And then at the end they go "but we think it's gonna be close down to the final minute ".... Like what??? How is that a close game?

Methinks there's gonna be a bunch of revisionist history after this game saying "everyone knew Nebraska would blow them out"

The odd thing is I listened to like 3-4 of these yesterday and they all said the same things. And then at the end they go "but we think it's gonna be close down to the final minute ".... Like what??? How is that a close game?

Methinks there's gonna be a bunch of revisionist history after this game saying "everyone knew Nebraska would blow them out"
Same here. When you start adding thing up. It should be a comfortable Nebraska win.

Must’ve watched Nebraska football before

Must’ve watched Nebraska football before
I guess....but if you think NU football still has the curse, you're better off picking NU to lose (bc that's what we do).

It's kind of dumb to go through all the NU advantages, OL/DL advantages, running game advantage, plus home field advantage, plus the revenge factor....and then go "I like Nebraska to win by 3 on a last second FG."

I tend to think we'll win by 14+ pts OR we'll fuck it up completely and lose. But a ton of pundits say it's gonna be a 38-35 shoot out w/ Raiola outdueling Shadildo in the last minute for NU to win by 3. If you think that's gonna happen you're better off picking Colorado (19 yr old TR FR vs #1 NFL QB in the next draft is a tough ask for Dylan).

I guess....but if you think NU football still has the curse, you're better off picking NU to lose (bc that's what we do).

It's kind of dumb to go through all the NU advantages, OL/DL advantages, running game advantage, plus home field advantage, plus the revenge factor....and then go "I like Nebraska to win by 3 on a last second FG."

I tend to think we'll win by 14+ pts OR we'll fuck it up completely and lose. But a ton of pundits say it's gonna be a 38-35 shoot out w/ Raiola outdueling Shadildo in the last minute for NU to win by 3. If you think that's gonna happen you're better off picking Colorado (19 yr old TR FR vs #1 NFL QB in the next draft is a tough ask for Dylan).
I don't get how some folks can brag up our defense, then predict that Colorado will score more than they did against NDSU. It's not like our offense is some hurry up variant, we will be favored in time of possession.

I don't get how some folks can brag up our defense, then predict that Colorado will score more than they did against NDSU. It's not like our offense is some hurry up variant, we will be favored in time of possession.
I think it's pretty clear that a lot of these show hosts did not watch a lot of NU football last yr (who could blame them) and only saw the highlights of the UTEP game so they're kind of faking their way through the book report so to speak.

JD Pickell at On 3 was talking about how UTEP had a dangerous level of success in the passing game and hit on "way too many deep balls" vs NU and that scares him for the CU matchup. IIRC UTEP only hit on 1 deep ball (which Rhule said was a busted coverage). UTEP basically had about 3:00 min of actual game time success vs our D and after that they were completely shut down for the rest of the game.

That was odd coming from Pickell bc he's been a huge Rhule supporter.

I’m playing golf with a bunch of CU guys at Cherry Hills in Denver tomorrow. Kinda got to tread lightly, but I’m curious to see how realistic they are. They’re all intelligent, well connected dudes. Will circle back with updates.

I’m playing golf with a bunch of CU guys at Cherry Hills in Denver tomorrow. Kinda got to tread lightly, but I’m curious to see how realistic they are. They’re all intelligent, well connected dudes. Will circle back with updates.
college gameday sport GIF

This is a decent preview. These guys are bettors so they are pretty objective.

The one common thing I've seen is that these pundits keep saying "Nebraska has no talent on the outside". Hopefully Neyor, Banks and Barney prove them wrong.

I do think it's just a case of these national guys not doing their research into our players (and why should they, we were a 5-7 team last year)

Yet again every podcast has Nebraska winning and every podcast has Colorado covering. The only guy I've seen so far brave enough to pick Nebraska to cover -7.5 is Ari Wasserman. Everyone else talks about how shitty Colorado is/How improved Nebraska is and then they say, "this will be a 3 pt close game" 🥸

What are you going to do when they inevitably try to suck your weiner

I think it's pretty clear that a lot of these show hosts did not watch a lot of NU football last yr (who could blame them) and only saw the highlights of the UTEP game so they're kind of faking their way through the book report so to speak.

JD Pickell at On 3 was talking about how UTEP had a dangerous level of success in the passing game and hit on "way too many deep balls" vs NU and that scares him for the CU matchup. IIRC UTEP only hit on 1 deep ball (which Rhule said was a busted coverage). UTEP basically had about 3:00 min of actual game time success vs our D and after that they were completely shut down for the rest of the game.

That was odd coming from Pickell bc he's been a huge Rhule supporter.
There were only two deep passes I can remember that were "oh shit" moments.

One on the touchdown where Hertzog (maybe) got beat on the corner route and the deep pass along the sideline where Ceyair Wright fell down. That was an incompletion.

Either way it'll be a big test for the secondary. Even when pressured Sanders seems to make completions.

I wish I was going to be at this game.

Loudest game I've ever been to was Miami in Lincoln. Hopefully it's even louder Saturday.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back