Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

And so it begins...(tracking Coach Prime decommits/transfers)

He did do that after the TCU game. I remember it. But I don't think he's doing that here.

I think that video is an analyst who just realized he made a very bad preseason prediction (he said 8 or 9 wins for CU)....and after game 1 he knows it's actually a 4-8 team. And then he saw the absolute hate he's gonna get for the entire rest of the season about being a CU homer.

Klatt is good at what he does and he'd be humiliated if he put out a 9-3 prediction for CU and they did a 3-9. These analysts don't want to be viewed as in the tank for their alma mater. Herbstreit used to always downgrade OSU in certain situations just so he wouldn't be viewed as in the tank for them.

That video is a guy who just realized he fucked up. Now he's gonna be extra harsh on CU for the rest of the year to try to make up for it.
That and he is an admitted Colorado homer. Which is fine, we all come from somewhere, but he's from Colorado, walked on there, he's an actual Colorado fan (they are rare most are bandwagoners). I think he gets a bit emotional because nothing got fixed and when nothing gets fixed, then it's not going to get fixed. He now knows that Sanders isn't a good coach but just a blingy mouthpiece. the program that Klatt loves is going to suck as long as Sanders is there. Speaking from experience, it hurts when you realize that your team is crap and not getting better.

That and he is an admitted Colorado homer.
Unrelated but when has he said that? Like on the Cowherd show or something? I know it's obvious & understandable, I've just never heard him refer to himself as a "CU homer."

Remember, Herbstreit battled that rap for years when he was calling big Ohio St games. He did not want to be known as a homer.

Desmond Howard OTOH is an admitted UM homer.

Not to over simplify, but just be the tougher, more physical team all night like I believe we are. Physically dominate from the minute we walk out of the tunnel.

I actually think NDSU accomplished this in their game with them.

I know we’ve all got Husker-related PTSD, but this game should be a double digit win for the Huskers.

If you lose this game is says that we aren’t who we want to be. Sorry.

Unrelated but when has he said that? Like on the Cowherd show or something? I know it's obvious & understandable, I've just never heard him refer to himself as a "CU homer."

Remember, Herbstreit battled that rap for years when he was calling big Ohio St games. He did not want to be known as a homer.

Desmond Howard OTOH is an admitted UM homer.
Well he hasn't said he's a "homer", but he has said he's an alum or that he played there multiple times before discussing Colorado. He wanted it to be known before he gave his analysis about Colorado several different times. Not sure on what show or broadcast, but he has not hidden or ignored it and blatantly stated it. I've always got the feeling that he is a Colorado fan and that he would say so if asked. Maybe I'm reading to much into it, but I respect the man.

Just a different way that he goes about it than Herbstreit, but then again the programs are in different stratas.

All this pre-cope reminds me a lot of last year
Hopefully we're right this time
There were a lot of misguided Husker fans before last year before the CU game. I couldn't understand the bravado, especially after we looked so flawed after the first game.

If it makes you feel better. I had CU winning 38-20 last year. And I like Nebraska by 14-21 this year. I've had this as a comfortable win for NU all offseason and nothing I saw in week one made me change my mind.

There were a lot of misguided Husker fans before last year before the CU game. I couldn't understand the bravado, especially after we looked so flawed after the first game.

If it makes you feel better. I had CU winning 38-20 last year. And I like Nebraska by 14-21 this year. I've had this as a comfortable win for NU all offseason and nothing I saw in week one made me change my mind.
I was one. But you watch that first half and we were the better team. I had no idea Sims was such a turnover machine, even though some folks called that too. I was right in what Colorado was as they struggled the rest of the year. I should have given the Minnesota loss more weight.

For me the differences are Raiola vs Sims. Neyor and Banks vs Washington and Alex Bullock. Home vs in Boulder.
Yep we had a worse passing attack than Cockeye last year & that is a bad match up against a team with an offense that’s going to score & ur helping their defense cover up their flaws by loading the box.

I also think they are mentally ready to fold if shit gets tough.

Yep we had a worse passing attack than Cockeye last year & that is a bad match up against a team with an offense that’s going to score & ur helping their defense cover up their flaws by loading the box.

I also think they are mentally ready to fold if shit gets tough.
I fully expect some high level weirdness to occur. This is going to be a true test of how far our own team has come mentally.

People are really buying too much into the Colorado offenses hype. Their offense isn't peak Oregon here. They have two great players, and a few other decent WRs. But all they got is the homerun threat. They were figured out last year.

2023 Reality Check:

6 pts vs Oregon - 159 passing yards, 199 Total yards

24 pts vs ASU - 239 passing yards, 295 Total yards

16 pts vs UCLA - 217 passing yards, 247 total yards

19 pts vs Oregon St - 223 passing yards, 418 total yards

14 pts vs WSU - 164 passing yards, 255 total yards

17 pts vs Utah - 225 passing yards, 262 total yards

Forgot about Prime and all the flash. They had under 300 total yards in 6 of their last 9 games and went 1-8 in the Pac 12. I know Nebraska fans are browbeaten over the past 7 years and we can never have nice things, but CU fucking sucks. They arent good. Change their name to Cal with a regular coach and no one is afraid of this team. As long as Nebraska's offense doesn't put them into bad positions. The Blackshirts should dominate. This should be a 2010 Washington type game IMO. 56-21 type game.

People are really buying too much into the Colorado offenses hype. Their offense isn't peak Oregon here. They have two great players, and a few other decent WRs. But all they got is the homerun threat. They were figured out last year.

2023 Reality Check:

Forgot about Prime and all the flash. They had under 300 total yards in 6 of their last 9 games and went 1-8 in the Pac 12. I know Nebraska fans are browbeaten over the past 7 years and we can never have nice things, but CU fucking sucks. They arent good. Change their name to Cal with a regular coach and no one is afraid of this team. As long as Nebraska's offense doesn't put them into bad positions. The Blackshirts should dominate. This should be a 2010 Washington type game IMO. 56-21 type game.
This, right here is why I’ve been saying we handle them in pretty easily. Can’t discount the fact that it is a “rivalry” game so I don’t think we thump them THAT bad but I have been saying 21+ pt margin.

This, right here is why I’ve been saying we handle them in pretty easily. Can’t discount the fact that it is a “rivalry” game so I don’t think we thump them THAT bad but I have been saying 21+ pt margin.

BUT...do CU's players really have the thought that it's a rivalry (deep down)?

There are so many transfers and new faces that I cannot see that everyone has a vested, blood & guts interest in beating Nebraska. BTW, this is where I see culture being important. I'm sure it'll be made very clear to any of our transfers that preparation for CU will be taken to a different level.

I don't know that this has been discussed, but definitely something I've thought about since Saturday.

BUT...do CU's players really have the thought that it's a rivalry (deep down)?

There are so many transfers and new faces that I cannot see that everyone has a vested, blood & guts interest in beating Nebraska. BTW, this is where I see culture being important. I'm sure it'll be made very clear to any of our transfers that preparation for CU will be taken to a different level.

I don't know that this has been discussed, but definitely something I've thought about since Saturday.
I don't think CU will have the traditional rivalry hatred, or any sense of playing for the black & gold for its own sake. But in the sense that Nebraska under Rhule is a hard work, do it the right way, team-first mentality, and CU is largely a collection of embittered mercenaries playing for themselves individually over all else (and at a lower intensity, those are somewhat analogous of the cultures of the two states in general), there is seething resentment and a mind toward destruction. Much like you see when a criminal underclass from another country is imported into another nation with an orderly culture that runs on civic values.

Nebraska will be playing for those ideals, Colorado is the horde of individuals trying to overrun it.

2023 Reality Check:

Should be, but when is the last time Nebraska didn’t step on their own dicks in a high profile game? That’s where my cautious approach comes from.

I’m talking a high profile game, not just playing a ranked team, although that hasn’t been good either. If it weren’t for Michigan/Texas, Nebraska/Colorado would probably be the marquee game of the day. The Sanders/Colorado draw against an old rivalry in former powerhouse Nebraska on NBC in prime time - plus add in the Raiola factor.

Prob when Mike Riley beat then #10 ranked MSU at home.

2022 Cockeye maybe? Neither team was ranked but neither team is here either

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back