Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

And so it begins...(tracking Coach Prime decommits/transfers) (29 Viewers)

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
Colorado's OL sucked, but he is well thought of in the profession, at least that is what I've read. Could be a Sander's aberration type year for him or he could suck.
I dunno if he is well thought of, he’s never coached anywhere that mattered. Chadron, Southern Illinois, Kent State. He was at Comorado because of the OC. He’s probably a pretty mediocre coach

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
X Factor Sky GIF by X Factor Italia
Yeah. Least shocking thing I've read this week.

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
Wow, where are all the folks from last year who wanted Deion as the Husker coach? Funny how they all seem to be avoiding this particular thread.
Potatoes run as well as they roll.

It was worse on Inside Nebraska IMO. Anyone with half a brain could've seen at least "some" of this coming. TBH, it's worse than I thought it'd be. It's certainly not over, so I won't dance on the grave yet...but not looking too good.

redzoner

Cornerback
The only thing I really underestimated with the Deion hire was how good of a QB Shadeur is. Without him it would have been a bigger train wreck from the beginning.

Also, I get running off all the skill players and getting guys from the portal but I never understood why you would run off OL and DL. They are so much harder to plug and play.

Stan Raymond

Cornerback
The only thing I really underestimated with the Deion hire was how good of a QB Shadeur is. Without him it would have been a bigger train wreck from the beginning.

Also, I get running off all the skill players and getting guys from the portal but I never understood why you would run off OL and DL. They are so much harder to plug and play.
He ran off several players that became starters or meaningful contributors to other Power 5 teams. A lot of players that would have helped him this year were run off, the real odd thing is that there was room on the roster. They weren't close to using 85 scholarships. If my memory is right I think they were only at 76 when fall practice started.

With their commitments they are sitting at 68 scholarships right now. They have room, but does anybody want to join?

ThomOsborneMD

NFL PICKEM CHAMP
Elite Member
tPB OG
He ran off several players that became starters or meaningful contributors to other Power 5 teams. A lot of players that would have helped him this year were run off, the real odd thing is that there was room on the roster. They weren't close to using 85 scholarships. If my memory is right I think they were only at 76 when fall practice started.

With their commitments they are sitting at 68 scholarships right now. They have room, but does anybody want to join?
I have a feeling they’re gonna get a lot of portholers over the next week. Hope I’m wrong.

Ripping Lips

And I ain’t talking about fish
Elite Member
I have a feeling they’re gonna get a lot of portholers over the next week. Hope I’m wrong.
I see that they are hosting a highly ranked OT that is currently committed to Oregon. Can't find the story now.

KidsSeeGhosts

Quarterback
Elite Member
Deion has a lot to prove in recruiting and I’m surprised people here are still giving him the benefit of the doubt. He’s not even close to the level of what elite recruiters do in their first year

Ripping Lips

And I ain’t talking about fish
Elite Member
Deion has a lot to prove in recruiting and I’m surprised people here are still giving him the benefit of the doubt. He’s not even close to the level of what elite recruiters do in their first year
True, plus he lost a few of his top recruiters on his staff and needs to rehire some coaches, unless he thinks he can do it all alone.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds